Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020

Go down 
+9
Wrecked Neck
mikeinfla
martinsane
nevermore
scottmitchell74
glassprison
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 6:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Watching the Cardinals trying to nail down their post-season spot.

Meanwhile, I believe the Pirates secured the first overall pick in next year's draft. They'll end up drafting that stud pitcher out of Vanderbilt, who'll end up being a Yankee, Dodger, or Red Sox within 5 years.

Cards won 5-2 to clinch a spot in the NL playoffs.  Amazing when you think about it.  This team missed 17 games while they were quarantined in Milwaukee.  And they had to make all that up after 11 players tested positive for the virus.  Yet here we are.

And they'll have to do what they did during the aborted regular season, PITCH.  The Cardinal offense is iffy at best so they'll have to pitch their way to keep going in the post-season.  

It must be nice to have a baseball team that consistently wins season after season.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm

I have to admit we've been spoiled this century.  But I went through some lean times with my team when I was growing up.  They're called "The Vern Rapp Years".  We were pretty meh after the Whitey Herzog years until Tony Larussa came on board.

The shame of it with the Pirates is that they're always stuck in a vicious circle. They draft and develop a great player but then they can't afford to keep him because they don't have a lucrative TV market or rabid fan base. Yet they don't have those things largely because they seem to always be rebuilding so they don't win. But it's hard to win when you can't retain your best young players. But you can't retain your best young players without a lucrative TV market...and so on and so on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Watched the Yankees beat the Indians.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 5:52 am

tohostudios wrote:
I have to admit we've been spoiled this century.  But I went through some lean times with my team when I was growing up.  They're called "The Vern Rapp Years".  We were pretty meh after the Whitey Herzog years until Tony Larussa came on board.

The shame of it with the Pirates is that they're always stuck in a vicious circle.  They draft and develop a great player but then they can't afford to keep him because they don't have a lucrative TV market or rabid fan base.   Yet they don't have those things largely because they seem to always be rebuilding so they don't win.  But it's hard to win when you can't retain your best young players.   But you can't retain your best young players without a lucrative TV market...and so on and so on.  

I remember going to PNC park in Pittsburgh around 2012 or 2013. We went to see the Pirates and the Cards. I told my friend the last ballgame I went to was in St. Louis in 1998 and it was also the Pirates and the Cards. I told him I saw the Pirates hit a grand slam and win the game. Then during the Pittsburgh game, the Pirates hit ANOTHER grand slam and won again all those years later. Totally by coincidence that I saw those same two teams at each of their parks and a grand slam in each game.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 6:02 am

mikeinfla wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The shame of it with the Pirates is that they're always stuck in a vicious circle.  They draft and develop a great player but then they can't afford to keep him because they don't have a lucrative TV market or rabid fan base.   Yet they don't have those things largely because they seem to always be rebuilding so they don't win.  But it's hard to win when you can't retain your best young players.   But you can't retain your best young players without a lucrative TV market...and so on and so on.  

I remember going to PNC park in Pittsburgh around 2012 or 2013. We went to see the Pirates and the Cards. I told my friend the last ballgame I went to was in St. Louis in 1998 and it was also the Pirates and the Cards. I told him I saw the Pirates hit a grand slam and win the game. Then during the Pittsburgh game, the Pirates hit ANOTHER grand slam and won again all those years later. Totally by coincidence that I saw those same two teams at each of their parks and a grand slam in each game.

Any chance you can go to ALL the Pirates games. lol! ?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 9:42 am

007 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Any chance you can go to ALL the Pirates games. lol! ?

HAHA! I love their ballpark and how it overlooks the city. Pittsburgh has a lot to offer and has some great record stores as well. If I were able, I would attend more games there but at this point I no longer travel for business (and my favorite city to travel to is the Burgh).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Yeah PNC Park is my favorite park to see on TV. It's beautiful! I'd love to see it in person some day.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Watched the Cardinals beat the Padres 7-4.

I don't expect my team to go very far in the post-season but at least we got one win.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah PNC Park is my favorite park to see on TV.  It's beautiful!  I'd love to see it in person some day.

It's a great park to watch a game from. Not a bad seat in the park, really.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Watching the Brewers and Dodgers.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 2:11 pm

I saw part of the baseball game between the Blue Jays and Devil Rays yesterday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Watching the Marlins and Cubs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Crap. First we lost Lou Brock and now today Bob Gibson. And last night the Cardinals were eliminated from post-season. Like the rest of 2020 these last few weeks have really sucked!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Crap.  First we lost Lou Brock and now today Bob Gibson.  And last night the Cardinals were eliminated from post-season.  Like the rest of 2020 these last few weeks have really sucked!

What a huge loss to the Cardinals and MLB to lose two incredible players.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 4:16 pm

I've had the Cleveland/Dallas game on while I'm cleaning.  I finally had to stop and watch this 4th quarter; what a crazy quarter this has been!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm

I saw a little bit of the Browns and Cowboys. Although I love seeing the Cowboys lose, I hate seeing a division rival win.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 am

Ton of college football Saturday. Saw my Vols hang with Georgia for the first half and then knew they would blow up in the second half which they did. Lots of high scoring action packed college football on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Watched the Steelers beat the Eagles 38-29.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Watching the Braves/Dodgers NLCS game. 

"Jethro Tull" isn't long for this game for Atlanta.  He's already thrown 67 pitches and he has the bases loaded with two out in only the third inning.  Still 0-0 but that's a lot of pitches thrown already.

EDIT: Yep, Ian Anderson is done after 4 innings.  But he leaves with a 2-0 lead.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 2:25 am

tohostudios wrote:
Watching the Braves/Dodgers NLCS game. 

"Jethro Tull" isn't long for this game for Atlanta.  He's already thrown 67 pitches and he has the bases loaded with two out in only the third inning.  Still 0-0 but that's a lot of pitches thrown already.

EDIT: Yep, Ian Anderson is done after 4 innings.  But he leaves with a 2-0 lead.

Dodgers tried to make a comeback but it wasn't quite enough. They need to get it together to beat a good Braves team.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 6:26 am

Watched the Bills and Titans
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2020 6:36 pm

I was afraid of this.

Apparently that Dodger outburst in the late innings yesterday woke them up.  They have come out just blasting the ball in the first inning tonight.  It's already 11-0 and the Dodgers only have 2 outs in the first.  Holy crap!

EDIT: Most runs in a single inning in any post-season game in MLB history.

Well at least this means I won't have to be flipping around between the two LCS games and AEW.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Watched various college games today.

Now watching the ALCS and boxing on ESPN.  Former Cardinal Arozarena has homered for the 7th time this post-season for Tampa.  That Liberatore guy we got for him better turn out to be something because Arozarena is looking like Babe Ruth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Watched the Steelers obliterate the Browns 38-7.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Watched the Bucs destroy Green Bay.  It's funny how my hatred follows Tom Brady and Gronkowski around; I used to be indifferent about Tampa Bay but now I want them to lose.  I still root against New England too because Belichek is still there but now Brady and company have brought their stain to Tampa.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2020
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next