Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)

Go down 
+4
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Lari
Gilbert
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Anyone else got it? I bought the cd just for the sake of completing my collection and was very pleased with it after a refreshing first listen.

Also released on vinyl headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 8:25 am

No, but thanks for pointing out it's also available on CD. I must get it now.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 11:44 am

Need to listen to it, I've been so busy lately it's hard to hear new stuff.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 2:24 pm

I got it but just skimmed through it. I've heard it before so I'm the same as you just buying it for the collection pretty much.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Have they (hopefully) put aside the ambition of re-recording all of their early albums?? I might be down with this re-release with extra demo tracks, which is what it appears to be. Based on comments made late last year, I was worried they would be wasting years just reproducing the first half of their career.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Cool video from 1991:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm

Lari wrote:
Cool video from 1991:

One of their best songs.

By the way Lari, i have been going through your ranking lists. Good stuff headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Cool video from 1991:

One of their best songs.

By the way Lari, i have been going through your ranking lists. Good stuff headbanger.

Greatl! cool

Krokus (the poster) has some cool stuff on RYM too, for instance, this:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/witchtrap/underrated_heavy_metal_hard_rock_records_/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Anyone else got it? I bought the cd just for the sake of completing my collection and was very pleased with it after a refreshing first listen.

I ordered it from directly from Century Media about a month ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Sad

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 1:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I ordered it from directly from Century Media about a month ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Sad

Man the courier can be so slow lately. Can't understand why I still haven't received the new Wolf yet. It's been over a month now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I should have researched this one a little more before I went ahead and ordered it. It's a 6 song ep with 5 of those songs released on Iced Earth's debut album, which I've had for years. I essentially paid $5 (+s/h) for 1 goddamn song! Let that be a lesson for you kids out there. Do your homework before blindly ordering music. Razz

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 1:16 pm

They are not the same versions though. I think it's definitely worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Jon Schaffer has redone his albums a few times.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 6:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Jon Schaffer has redone his albums a few times.
He did intend to do so, but never did though.

The EP is not re-recorded. And the only re-recording out at the moment is still the (awesome) Days of Purgatory.

The older albums have been re-released and remastered (???) with different cover art though. I don't own any re-releases so I can't comment on those. Any re-recordings I'd be interested in though, because Stu Block is awesome. Though I honestly don't think the Iced Earth catalogue needs any of that. It's great as it is. One of the best in the history of heavy metal. If anything, maybe the debut album, but even then... dammit... Gene Adam is pretty damn great and appropriate for the time. It's one glorious discography.

But it's strange how the EP sounds better than the album. I think the songs on this Enter the Realm EP are the definitive versions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:15 pm

Lari wrote:

Eh, that's debatable, but that's not my point. For someone such as myself that is trying to be more selective of the cds I purchase these days, this one seemed to be superfluous. Ah well, live and learn.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 pm

I'd love to hear Stu performing some of the band's early catalogue. He is a fantastic vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Eh, that's debatable, but that's not my point. For someone such as myself that is trying to be more selective of the cds I purchase these days, this one seemed to be superfluous. Ah well, live and learn.

You're not alone in this MG. Most of us here have significantly limited our cds budget. I, for instance, am usually sticking with the new releases by the bands i like. Gone are the days when we used to pile up cds...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:

I'm with you on this one. Nothing I hate more than redundancy in my collection. I refuse to buy an album with material in on it that I already own (greatest hits,live albums, etc). Sometimes, though, they like to sneak in a few new tunes to entice you, just like the subject of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 pm

You're nuts. Live albums are often the definitive records for a band. Performing the songs like they are supposed to be performed. Studio recording is like a demo/rehearsal but the live album - that's what you write the songs for. And listening to it you can imagine that's what the performance would sound like.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 4:11 pm

I’m gonna try to be a lot more picky with what reissues I purchase in the future. I don’t need multiple copies of the same album just because it has a new remaster or different bonus tracks. I think the artists that are doing this multiple times are taking advantage of the fans. Megadeth and Iced Earth are the worst offenders. And both Dave Mustaine and Jon Schaffer have the same alpha dog personality.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I’m gonna try to be a lot more picky with what reissues I purchase in the future. I don’t need multiple copies of the same album just because it has a new remaster or different bonus tracks. I think the artists that are doing this multiple times are taking advantage of the fans. Megadeth and Iced Earth are the worst offenders. And both Dave Mustaine and Jon Schaffer have the same alpha dog personality.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 5:19 pm

I have never bought a rerelease that I already own because it has been remastered, and I never will. Totally a waste as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm

I buy complete re-recordings if I like the material well enough.

Tarot - Spell of Iron MMXI
Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory
Axxis - Best of EMI Years

All are great.

Remasters I buy rarely. I re-bought Savatage's Streets because the remaster included the complete track-by-track narration by the hobo character. Which was great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 6:41 pm

The only re-recorded album I own is Iced Earth's Days Of Purgatory, which great y improved upon the originals. Otherwise, I'm not too interested in any.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Another one:

Gamma Ray - Blast from the Past

Kai Hansen singing all those early Gamma Ray tunes?! Are you kidding?! That's something you need to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)    Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth: enter the realm (2019 reissue)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next