Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Frontman

Go down 
+22
MetalGuy71
anthrax_fan
Wurthless
Addy
nevermore
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Thelemech
James B.
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Thrasher73
akeldama
manny
Glower
tohostudios
the sentinel
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Dug Pinnick needs a mention. Saw King's X three times and he commands a stage.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 am

Bruce Corbit and Oderus Urungus

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 am

As far as "Ultimate Frontman" is concerned, I'd have to agree that Freddy Mercury takes first prize. Others mentioned here (Jagger, Roth, etc.) might have one or 2 or even all 3 of the major components, but Freddy had an over-abundance of all of those elements. Vocals, presence and showmanship.

There is a good chance I'll be able to see Queen with Adam Lambert this summer when they come around. I'm curious to see how Lambert performs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As far as "Ultimate Frontman" is concerned, I'd have to agree that Freddy Mercury takes first prize. Others mentioned here (Jagger, Roth, etc.) might have one or 2 or even all 3 of the major components, but Freddy had an over-abundance of all of those elements. Vocals, presence and showmanship.

I would contend that Prince has all of that in spades, PLUS he plays multiple instruments.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 3:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I would contend that Prince has all of that in spades, PLUS he plays multiple instruments.

I won't argue that. But having never seen him live, did Prince interact with the crowd much? He struck me as a "let my music do the talking" type of guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 3:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I won't argue that. But having never seen him live, did Prince interact with the crowd much? He struck me as a "let my music do the talking" type of guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you look at the video I posted, he does quite a lot during the fun songs like Lets Go crazy

Either way he is just an all round phenomenal performer
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

There is a good chance I'll be able to see Queen with Adam Lambert this summer when they come around. I'm curious to see how Lambert performs.

I got tickets for that tour. My wife bought them after we saw the Bohemian movie. A tribute called "Almost Queen" played locally a few months back. My boss went. He showed me some stuff he recorded and I looked them up on youtube and they were great. It had the feeling of an extended montage from the movie. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 10:11 pm

I’d vote for Prince over Mercury. Prince was the total package imo. Sure Freddie was a good songwriter and commanded the stage, but Prince was a good songwriter, performer, guitarist/musician and dancer. And to be honest, without Brian May’s guitar playing I wouldn’t care about Queen.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 pm

I saw Queen only one time. It was for the "News Of The World" tour and I wasn't really impressed enough to want to see them again. As sweet as Brian May's tone can be, it didn't help matters. A lot of the songs were done in odd tempos and Mercury did some funky annunciations that changed the songs too much for my tastes.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 pm

No one!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Frontman   The Ultimate Frontman - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Frontman
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3