Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!

Go down 
+13
Wrecked Neck
Dark Horseman
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
assault_attack
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
mc666
Wargod
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 6:58 pm

I think the production on Maleficium is almost perfect.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 5:16 pm

2 months of listening to Grand Materia I have to say it's the best of the three CDs I bought.

It's aggressive, edgy and ambitious. With all the good parts of the earlier two. But it's not Metallica worship and it's not traditional metal. It's a band knowing who they are, recording an album that plays to their strengths. Super heavy, big riffs and catchy choruses and Rytkonen at his graveliest. Pretty big album. Epic. Like later Savatage, only more aggressive. 

I like it lots.

My Funeral Is Calling is a perfect example of what they can do. Incredible, emotional vocal delivery.

I also love the Operation of the Sun. I ended up spinning this record much more than the other two.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm

It's the best they've done imo. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Aberrations of the Mind as people seem to love or hate it. There's something almost manic about it, like they play unhinged at times.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 pm

This band is really good. I've digested the three I got and I looked around to see what else I could find, with an affordable price tag. So I scored these three, second hand:

The Secret Doctrine (1993) €11
The Seventh Seal (1999, under the name "Lefay") €5
SOS (2000, "LEFAY" again) €9

Dark Horseman wrote:
Good ones there and I'd add Aberrations of the Mind.

That's the one I really wanted, considering how much I liked the predecessor Grand Materia. But I didn't see an agreeable price.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 2:20 am

These guys have been on my want list for quite some time now.

I was about to buy one of their cds (think it was the Fata Morgana compilation) on my last trip (before Covid-19) and it was too cheap (less than 9 euros), but for no reason, i put it back on the shelves and ended up going for other stuff instead.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 3:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
These guys have been on my want list for quite some time now.

I was about to buy one of their cds (think it was the Fata Morgana compilation) on my last trip (before Covid-19) and it was too cheap (less than 9 euros), but for no reason, i put it back on the shelves and ended up going for other stuff instead.

they are terribly underrated.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 pm

There it is. I found the photo of the cd, which i took with my mobile phone:

Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 IMG-20191129-131818
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!   Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of Morgana Lefay Unite!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3