Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer!

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
James B.
anthrax_fan
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Lari
glassprison
Boris2008
bassman
Stender
exact33
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
nevermore
Fat Freddy
akeldama
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
DeathCult
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Drinking a glass of this one now:

Beer! - Page 10 Dugges%2Bcoffee%2Bvan%2Bblack

It's my new favorite coffee stout but good luck finding it; there's only one place around here that has it and when I went there last weekend I grabbed half a dozen bottles of it.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12172/335937/

I had to pick up my BP meds at Sam's pharmacy and this place is in the same neighborhood so I stopped by and bought 5 more bottles of this.  That's all they had.  I sure hope they get more!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Tonight I broke down and had one of my four remaining bottles of Boulevard's Rye On Rye.  This stuff is so good (and Ryo on Rye on Rye was even better).  Hard to describe though; sort of like a Belgian tripel aged in a barrel.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Is it just my area or are most craft beers you can find on tap IPAs? Delivering to various bars known for craft beers I notice more IPA than anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Having this one again:

Beer! - Page 10 160705-Megadeth-ATM-12-oz-UUSA-and-Glass-png-602x1024

Still amazed at how good a Belgian this is for such a low ABV.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Is it just my area or are most craft beers you can find on tap IPAs? Delivering to various bars known for craft beers I notice more IPA than anything else.

It seems to depend on the seasons.  During the spring and summer months most craft beer bars seem to stock a lot of IPAs and Belgians.  During the fall and winter months they have a lot more stouts and porters.   Probably because IPAs are more "refreshing" when it's hot.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Beer! - Page 10 Gulden-Draak-9000-Quadruple-toog
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/71973/

Wow! This beer is awesome!!!! May very well be the best Belgian I've had. This is definitively the best of the three Gulden Draaks!

I made a run to my favorite beer store yesterday since I had nothing else to do and thanks to the post above I checked out the "imported Belgians" sections which I normally ignore.  Not only did I buy a St. Bernardus Abt 12 (which is my favorite Belgian) that I haven't had in forever, I also took a blind stab at a 12.7 oz bottle of something called Prearis bourbon barrel aged Grand Cru that's from 2014.

My experience with aged Belgians has been very mixed; some age great and taste even better and some just turn skunky and awful.  We'll see how this one is.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I picked up 3 bottles of Firestone Walker's "Stickee Monkee".  It's a barrel-aged quad that's only available for a limited time.  In fact the one store I hit had a 1 per customer limit so I went back twice.  The other beer store only had one bottle on the shelf so I snagged it.   I haven't had this before but if it's anything like the other Firestone Walker limited releases it should be great.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 10:40 am

I tried the new Def Leppard pale ale by Elysian at the concert last week. Nothing mind blowing, but it's very drinkable and serves as a good summertime brew.

Beer! - Page 10 DefLeppard_Can-262x640
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6329

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I had the Sonata Arctica "arctic beer" last weekend on my golf trip to Lake Saimaa. Was nothing special. Lager.

EDIT: picture

Beer! - Page 10 9973eb96b7845c35e2e133715cdbb81f_640x640
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Is this a new "thing"?  Band beers?  So far I know of Iron Maiden, Megadeth and now Def Leppard and Sonata Arctica.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Quote :
Is this a new "thing"? Band beers? So far I know of Iron Maiden, Megadeth and now Def Leppard and Sonata Arctica.

There is also a Motorhead "Röad Crew" IPA (6.2%) by Arcadia Brewing Company in MI. I haven't seen that one available anywhere though. It may only be sold locally.

And also KISS "Destroyer Beer" by Krönleins Bryggeri AB, a Euro Pale Lager (4.7%). I don't think it's ever been available in the US though, surprisingly.

I really want to know what Manowar would come up with if they jumped on this trend!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:09 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Is this a new "thing"?  Band beers?  So far I know of Iron Maiden, Megadeth and now Def Leppard and Sonata Arctica.

There is also a Motorhead "Röad Crew" IPA (6.2%) by Arcadia Brewing Company in MI. I haven't seen that one available anywhere though. It may only be sold locally.

And also KISS "Destroyer Beer" by Krönleins Bryggeri AB, a Euro Pale Lager (4.7%). I don't think it's ever been available in the US though, surprisingly.

I really want to know what Manowar would come up with if they jumped on this trend!

Mastodon has one too.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/428/78313/
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Oh, at work I took an extra stop off of one of the other drivers and found a place with Gulden Drakk on tap! When I take my vacation in two weeks, I'm taking a trip there. It's the first high rated Belgian I've seen in the area available on tap.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 7:21 am

I actually tried some beer on tap myself yesterday.  I met my friend from work at a bar because they were tapping some of my favorite stouts.  I had 6oz pours each of Founders Canadian Breakfast stout, Founders Kentucky Breakfast stout and Avery's Uncle Jacobs stout. 

I've had the second two from a bottle before but I'd never had Founders CBS before.  It was good but like the KBS I think it's a tad overrated.  And hoo boy that Uncle Jacobs; 17.1% ABV!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is here!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 am

I was in the beer store last night and saw the first pumpkin ale of the season, Elysian's Night Owl Pumpkin Ale. I'm not a fan of the pumpkin brews but my wife is.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:26 pm

I saw that one too which is why I walked over to the Schlafly display to see if the GOOD pumpkin ale was out yet and it was.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Laughing

Your Schlafly isn't available around here,last I checked.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 5:56 pm

007 wrote:
Laughing

Your Schlafly isn't available around here,last I checked.

My area is bare too, so I can't see what all Toho's hype is about.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm

You guys can't know what you're missing.

Beer! - Page 10 SchlaflyPumpkin

Even though the ABV is "only" 8% (I rarely drink anything below 10% in my new beer diet) I had to pick up a 6 pack for old times sake.  And it's still as good as ever.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Oh, at work I took an extra stop off of one of the other drivers and found a place with Gulden Drakk on tap! When I take my vacation in two weeks, I'm taking a trip there. It's the first high rated Belgian I've seen in the area available on tap.

Went to the bar to have the Gulden Drakk today. Found out it was actually the 9,000 (the one I really liked). I asked for the Gulden and he said, "It's the 9,000, is that ok?" I was like, "Hell yeah!" Very Happy

It was really good, better on tap. Though it wasn't cheap, the pint was $10. So I will probably just stick to the bottles. Speaking of which found these today:

Beer! - Page 10 GDraakCalvados_sell_sheet
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/311155/

Beer! - Page 10 7015cdfe24
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31272/361981/
https://untappd.com/b/martin-house-brewing-company-kokytus/2765799

As you can see, not much info on Beer Advocate.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 2:24 pm

A new one to keep an eye open for:

Founder's Curmudgeon's Better Half.  It's an old ale aged in maple syrup barrels.  I like their Old Curmudgeon old ale so this is a "must find" for me.

https://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2018/new-beer-release-curmudgeons-better-half-2/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 6:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Is this a new "thing"?  Band beers?  So far I know of Iron Maiden, Megadeth and now Def Leppard and Sonata Arctica.

It seems to be a new trend. Anthrax also has a beer out as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 am

tohostudios wrote:

Records just ain't selling like they used to.  Razz

They were doing alot of wines too for awhile. Geoff Tate, Megadeth and hell, even Motorhead had slapped their name on some vino. Beer would seem like a better investment though.

Beer! - Page 10 Motorhead-Shiraz

Of the three "band beers" I've tried (Maiden, Megadeth and Anthrax), the only one I can honestly say I truly liked was Maiden's Trooper. The others were ok, but nothing I'd go out of my way for.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 8:08 am

Iron Maiden's "Trooper" is good stuff. I've also had an AC/DC beer which was quite good. Anthrax's "Wardance" was meh. I haven't found the Motorhead beer yet but of course if I come across some I am gonna have to try it.

I display empty bottles/cans from these "band beers" on top of my CD cabinet. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beer! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beer!
Page 10 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next