Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guilty Pleasure Songs

Go down 
+16
mikeinfla
ShadowAngel
Addy
Eyesore
Hadley
MetalGuy71
James B.
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
exact33
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Lari
Wurthless
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 pm

And Cinderella was one of the good pop-metal groups, for sure.

one song that I'm genuinely embarrassed that I still kind of dig from when I first got into metal is:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Since I'm known to be a sleaze and hair metal fan, naturally I like Poison.  So to me they're not a "guilty pleasure" band; they pretty much fit my normal listening habits.

But regardless of your typical musical tastes I don't think anyone can deny that Poison can write a memorable hook.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

"IDLE CURE" .....as I slink away in disgust of myself.....
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
Since I'm known to be a sleaze and hair metal fan, naturally I like Poison.  So to me they're not a "guilty pleasure" band; they pretty much fit my normal listening habits.

But regardless of your typical musical tastes I don't think anyone can deny that Poison can write a memorable hook.

they do write catchy stuff, it just sounds like the Full House version of metal to me hahah.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am

Laughing very hard

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:07 pm

wurthless wrote:
Whoever posted Kate Bush should never feel shame for loving her. Hounds of Love is one of my top 10 favorite albums I've heard in my life. It's like ingrained in my DNA at this point.

Yep, it's a quality album.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm

Cinderella was only hair metal on their first album and even then, it was mixed with a lot of early Aerosmith bluesy sounds.
I still play Poison's Flesh and Blood, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 pm

When i'm in that kind of mood, this fits so well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
"IDLE CURE" .....as I slink away in disgust of myself.....

i guess we will be guilty together cause i like Idle Cure as well.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 am

Let me say I really hate rap. But there is something about this song that I enjoy.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm just gonna come clean and open up to y'all once and for all...deep breath...

I know, shame on me, right.

But I am curious--is there ANYONE on this board that at least enjoys TBS? Or am I lone wolf?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 pm

I've never actually heard them before. Other than the fact that I think the singer's voice is REALLY irritating, the music isn't horrible. I've definitely heard worse.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:07 pm

I am getting more and more into select country. Josh Turner is cool.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:20 pm

That's too country for me but I do like some modern country myself. I like that guy who sounds like Springsteen...Chris something....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Found it.  Chris Stapleton. Actually, he's closer to Mellancamp

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:27 pm

I've said all along that today's "modern country" is pretty much yesterday's "southern rock".

Just listen to Blackberry Smoke. That sure sounds like southern rock to me but I see them listed as country constantly.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:30 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm just gonna come clean and open up to y'all once and for all...deep breath...

I know, shame on me, right.

But I am curious--is there ANYONE on this board that at least enjoys TBS? Or am I lone wolf?

And that reminds me, one of my "guilty pleasure" bands in this style is Fall Out Boy. I only have one album by them which I admittedly never listen to but when they come on TV or the radio I don't feel the need to switch channels. Like this one for instance:

our local Fox station uses this a lot during the bumper leading into local sports and it always gets stuck in my brain.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Found it.  Chris Stapleton.  Actually, he's closer to Mellancamp

Yep. I like whiskey Myers a lot:

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Tell me this isn't Southern Rock:

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:07 pm

that is tasty.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 pm

That album is great King. Highly recommended. I know glassprison agrees with me.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Whiskey Meyers and Blackberry Smoke are both good southern rock but you won't hear them on top 40 country.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:48 pm

How about this:
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 11:13 pm

exact, you need to check out Sturgill Simpson if you haven't already. He's the best songwriter in country right now aside from Chris Stapleton.

and I have a soft spot for Zac Brown Band, too. I especially love this ballad.

I also really like the album Ropin' the Wind by Garth Brooks. The dude's gotta sincere sound with pretty good songwriting, and it makes me feel nostalgia for my very early youth.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Sturgill is the new Waylon Jennings which I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Songs
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next