Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guilty Pleasure Songs

Go down 
+16
mikeinfla
ShadowAngel
Addy
Eyesore
Hadley
MetalGuy71
James B.
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
exact33
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Lari
Wurthless
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Wurthless wrote:
yes! perfect example for the thread. steve miller band doing pop-rock/new wave-esque stuff should be terrible, but that song is infectious as hell.

I used to hate Steve Miller with my whole heart, mostly because his terrible terrible Joker song stopped my favourite '90s pop tune ever from getting to #1 (both records sold the same amount but they gave it to Steve Miller because the British record industry hated dance music angry )

What was the modern classic that got me so riled up?

Oh hell yeah! 27 years later I'm still listening to Deee-Lite Very Happy

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 754598

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Hmm! This really is becoming a guilty pleasure!

On checking out one of my new favourite bands (Cairiss) I discovered that two of them have (or rather had) a covers band called Hair Force One who did metal covers of pop classics. It is purely a party band and all of them have other bands that I suspect that they take rather more seriously.

I listened to it on bandcamp and thought that it was kind of fun but the female backing vocals were pretty odd, as it's a free download I downloaded it and now I'm kind of hooked Embarassed

It doesn't help that I like just about every song that they do which are

Gimme Gimme Gimme (a man after midnight)
Livin' La Vida Loca
Uptown Girl
Don't Stop Me Now
The Edge of Glory
Take on Me
Maria
Holding Out For a Hero
Angels
Never Gonna Give You Up (featuring the into from Raining Blood running into Rick Astley Cool )
Total Eclipse of the Heart (they really love Bonnie Tyler!)

The playing is great, it's absolutely as cheesy as it sounds and it's free!! Very Happy

I can't post any clips cause there aren't any but here's the Bandcamp link

https://hairforce1.bandcamp.com/album/hairstrike

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 pm

I dig all things John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 am

i had that dee-lite song in my head the other day and couldn't think of the title of it. you're a saint for posting that Boris.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 am

Ha! Love Dee-Lite. Reminded me I used to listen to this song all the time too around that same time period.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Addy wrote:
I wouldnt consider any of these guilty pleasures as Im under the mentality of "I Like what I like"

Taylor Swift

Nope, that one definitely means you are guilty! Guards! Take him away!! angry

Yeah but I dont feel guilty

Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 19976
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:20 pm

i love this f*cking song
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 8:41 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Addy wrote:
I wouldnt consider any of these guilty pleasures as Im under the mentality of "I Like what I like"

I never will understand this "guilty pleasure" thing either.
There are only 2 types of music: The one you like and the one you dislike.

Last summer i was driving around in my '78 Firebird Trans Am blasting Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time. Did people look strange at me? Sure. Did i care? Nope. I had a total blast headbanger

I hear what you people are saying but let's face it, we all know when we're listening to something we like that really is out of character with our normal listening habits.  That's how I interpret "guilty pleasure bands".

And with that preamble I present Sonia Dada and Alabama 3, two bands that are both way outside of my normal style but bands I enjoy nonetheless:

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 9:51 am

i like so many different styles nothing is a guilty pleasure.

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

going off of toho's definition, i still don't think i have anything that's out of character for me to listen to. i don't really particularly identify with a single genre anymore, like i used to with metal. i just like good music, whatever that statement means.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

If 80's pop counts i'm guilty. Phil Collins is a big player for me still as is Billy Joel.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:25 pm

And this:
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm

Apparently all the songs playing around me in H.S. that I hated at the time sank in.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
ShadowAngel wrote:
Addy wrote:

I never will understand this "guilty pleasure" thing either.
There are only 2 types of music: The one you like and the one you dislike.

Last summer i was driving around in my '78 Firebird Trans Am blasting Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time. Did people look strange at me? Sure. Did i care? Nope. I had a total blast headbanger

I hear what you people are saying but let's face it, we all know when we're listening to something we like that really is out of character with our normal listening habits.  That's how I interpret "guilty pleasure bands".
I used to laugh all the time when I seen that Party All the Time music video, but who am I to judge since I like  the even more ridiculous tune by Eddie Murphy - Boogie In Your Butt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07P538K83iU
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 pm

i made an 80s comp that is 292 songs strong lol. Its all good!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 2:52 pm

I have 5 discs of New Wave Hits I still listen to once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 3:02 pm

i have been on a stan bush kick lately. Talk about someone who never left the 80s!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:07 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
i have been on a stan bush kick lately. Talk about someone who never left the 80s!
Wall of Voodoo "mexican radio" singer?
he helped The Police drummer on the Outsiders soundtrack, eh?
Unique singer with his talk-style, kind of like an aspergers Lou Reed or Jim Carroll.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Thats Stan Ridgeway. Stan Bush is best known for those anthemic movie soundtrack songs from the 80s (though he has released studio albums as well). Here's his two most well-known songs:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Wurthless wrote:

i love this f*cking song

I love all of Vince Clark's stuff (Depeche Mode, Erasure, The Assembly) but Yazoo was his finest hour

And if it's out of character stuff then I suppose it has to be

I hated the whole hair metal scene but have always loved this song (I secretly dig Cinderella in general)
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:43 pm

I've only heard a little of Depeche Mode's stuff, but I dig a good bit of it. Never heard of Erasure or the Assembly; I may have to look at their discographies and see if they pique my interest.

Whoever posted Kate Bush should never feel shame for loving her. Hounds of Love is one of my top 10 favorite albums I've heard in my life. It's like ingrained in my DNA at this point.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Songs
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next