Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guilty Pleasure Songs

Go down 
+16
mikeinfla
ShadowAngel
Addy
Eyesore
Hadley
MetalGuy71
James B.
Wrecked Neck
akeldama
exact33
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Lari
Wurthless
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 pm

One more and just one of the MANY Barry White songs I coulda put.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:13 pm

I was going to post Jolene but after remembering that it's just a staggeringly good song I went for this which my love for actually is a bit embarrassing! Laughing

I also love The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas Very Happy

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Ah, '9 to 5'... I always hum the intro to that song and at one point my little girl asked me what that was so I played it for her and she was hooked too! I don't know if I like it per se but it pops up in my head quite often.

One more for now for real this time. One of the many of the Isleys I coulda chosen:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 am

Actually the whole album is probably up there, but I only remember three songs from it. One of these days I might buy it for nostalgic reasons, but I still like this song and Thriller.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 am

It isn't necessarily a "guilty" thing, but being I don't care much for country music...I somehow enjoy The Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Poco, and Commander Cody.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 am

so many good songs in this thread. I am on board with the Michael Jackson.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

You all have terrible taste.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm

James B. wrote:
It isn't necessarily a "guilty" thing, but being I don't care much for country music...I somehow enjoy The Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Poco, and Commander Cody.

Same here except add The Eagles to my list.

I really like Rod's albums up to 'Tonight I'm Yours'.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:07 am

Of course, my ultimate Guilty Pleasure is 80s soft rock like Chicago, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Toto, Starship, Richard Marx, does Bryan Adams count as well (though i do draw the line at Bolton, aside from his first two AOR albums in the early 80s). Maybe some of that is due to nostalgia since I spent lots of time in department stores as a kid, and thats the type of stuff that played over the PA system, but a lot of that stuff is legitimately good songs IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:11 pm

thanks for the replies guys.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
oh yeah - my guilty pleasure:

I would leave my wife for just one night with Susanna Hoffs. At least her back then, no clue what she looks like now lol one of my best friends back then got to meet them. All except Susanna. I almost beat him up because it was him and not me. If he would have met Susanna, I'm pretty sure I would have punched him.

Anyway, here is another song I still like that is totally not my norm.

This is the kind of crap I listened too, till the day my cousin showed up with AC/DC Highway to Hell.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

Laugh it up! Haha.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 pm

I wouldnt consider any of these guilty pleasures as Im under the mentality of "I Like what I like"

Fergie, Taylor Swift and Bee Gees immediately come to mind, oh yeah Beach Boys too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Addy wrote:
I wouldnt consider any of these guilty pleasures as Im under the mentality of "I Like what I like"

Taylor Swift

Nope, that one definitely means you are guilty! Guards! Take him away!! angry
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am

Addy wrote:

I never will understand this "guilty pleasure" thing either.
There are only 2 types of music: The one you like and the one you dislike.

Last summer i was driving around in my '78 Firebird Trans Am blasting Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time. Did people look strange at me? Sure. Did i care? Nope. I had a total blast headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:43 pm

I straight up said that I only named the thread "guilty pleasures" for lack of a better concise term to describe what I was looking for. I guess I should've titled the thread, "Songs that you should hate, but can't help but love" or something like that.

I voiced the same sentiment that no music is inherently "cooler" than another genre and no guilt should come from enjoying something.

I guess the concept of 'guilty' pleasures stems from adhering oneself too closely to their idea of themselves. Some people could never reconcile liking a disco song with their rowdy leather jacket-wearing aspect of self, but most of us here are just normal dudes who like what we like.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:09 pm

The thing is everybody knows what you meant when you titled it what you did and to make it Freudian is at best a freakin' killjoy.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:24 pm

true, AK, killjoy is the best word for it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Wurthless wrote:

Nothing can kill the joy of disco Noah.

Nothing!! happy
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Nothing can kill the joy of disco Noah.

Nothing!! happy

not even burning records en masse, bonfire of the vanities style!! lol, disco will never die!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 1:53 am

Wurthless wrote:
Some people could never reconcile liking a disco song with their rowdy leather jacket-wearing aspect of self, but most of us here are just normal dudes who like what we like

This reminded me of the time I took my wife to see nine inch nails. We get to our seats waiting, and in comes this dude that was in full on leathers, long hair, beard, looked like he just killed his mother. He was huge, had to be 6'4" at least. I was wondering if he was just there to beat up NiN fans or something. The band takes the stage, music starts, and this dude starts dancing like there was no tomorrow. It was a dance like Carlton would do from that fresh Prince show but worse. He literally looked like he was going to cry from happiness when they came out. Hell he probably did for all I know. By far one of the funniest things I've seen at a concert.

Anyway, here is another musician that fits this thread. Nothing I listen to often, but it reminds me of home growing up in Vegas. Plus he was my grandmother's favorite, so I listen in her memory.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm

That's a funny story! Haha! Not a big Beatles or Lennon fan but:

Couldn't find the Past Masters version/

Both songs feature some great guitar work.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

lmao thanks for that story, dude. i can totally picture that guy just f*ckin' getting into it.

and sinatra, while also being something I'm not in the mood for terribly often, is really cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:14 pm

From 4:19 on is especially kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm

yes! perfect example for the thread. steve miller band doing pop-rock/new wave-esque stuff should be terrible, but that song is infectious as hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs   Guilty Pleasure Songs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasure Songs
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next