Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer

Go down 
+21
Wrecked Neck
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
James B.
ShadowAngel
Boris2008
666_Evil_666
mc666
metalinmyveins
exact33
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
chewie
Required Fields
tohostudios
thejokeriv
martinsane
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Twitter is pretty much the worst thing ever. Haha.

We can just close down the internet now. That about sums it up. lol!

The whole sad saga of this movie just keeps getting worse as it goes. First, it's pretty sad to see people pushing this idea that, for women to be strong, they have to put down men in the process. You just want to nudge these people if they're serious and stealthily whisper, "Your crippling insecurity is just hanging out. Might want to tuck that away."

I've seen a ton of reviewers - male and female - savaging this thing and they seem pretty energized about it. Who can blame them when we've been fed this "you will either love this or you hate women" narrative by the cast and crew for weeks prior to release?

The worst part is that I've sat down with friends (female) and come up with far more interesting cast choices than they went with on this steaming pile. Personally, I would have paid good money to see a movie with an all female cast and Bill Murray playing the receptionist, among other scenarios we came up with. They could have had fun with the idea and done something left of field. Instead, they did a paint-by-numbers with a well-respected IP and then insulted anyone with the gall to call them on it. insane

On the plus side, some of the reviews are hilarious. If you all want a laugh, check out the Red Letter Media review on YouTube. That was genuinely entertaining on all fronts.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 am

Taking my older son to see it on Saturday. Stoked as hell. He has been in full on GB mode this summer, watching the original 2, the Real GB and the trailer for the new movie a million times.

Everyone I know in real life who has seen it has really liked it. No one has ever said it's as good as the original and no one ever will (probably). And 99% of the reviewers/bloggers that I regularly follow have enjoyed it.

So all those reviewers obliterating it in their reviews...little suspect to me, but whatever. Ghostbros just Ghostbro-ing.

The best part is all the people who claim there was no barrage of sexist comments from the get go. There was and is--it hasn't stopped. It's on the internet, bro.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 pm

In the circles I've traveled online, I've not seen a single sexist comment.  A lot of the comments I HAVE seen along those lines have been from people going, "Jesus, I didn't even care about this thing until I was called everything but a child of god for not immediately loving it."  There's a lot more just disbelief that a movie, a reboot at that, would carry with it such righteous indignation.  

For my part, any desire I ever had to see it ended completely when the cast and crew decided to act like a pack of name calling knobs.  If you made something good, it speaks for itself.  You don't need to break people down to entice them towards it.  

It's like having that one vegetarian friend who makes you want to eat nothing but raw, bleeding, red meat for the rest of your life because they're such a terrible advocate for the diet.  Ghostbusters 2016 is vegan bean casserole.

EDIT: Sony was also caught deleting any non-cringe-inducing comments critical of the movie on outlets they had control over. I'd be an idiot and a liar to claim there's no such thing as sexism out in the wild, but the degree to which it enters the conversation regarding this movie seems to be heavily engineered - as we saw by the embarrassing debacle with Leslie Jones...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 1:00 pm

If you refer to Leslie Jones being tweeted racist shit all night as the "embarrassing debacle" that was engineered...then , I guess I'm done with this thread. That's some shitty logic and I really have no use engaging people who cling to that kind of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah, I am referring to that since Ms. Jones has and had a history of tweeting some pretty racist garbage herself. As for what she was Tweeted, there were a few confirmed examples of genuinely disgusting material, but the deluge of racist nonsense she allegedly received is largely unproven and a pretty harsh allegation to lay without proof.

On the other hand, evidence DOES exist that she could be more than a little... shall we say "insensitive" herself.

The double standard is pretty blinding at this point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 pm

My wife took the kids to see it one Tuesday afternoon when the temp and humidity were just unbearable. The kids seemed to like it well enough, although they haven't talked about it at all since seeing it.

My wife said it was "cute". Not really the ringing endorsement I was looking for. Then again, she's probably not a fan of the originals. I doubt she could make a single Venkman quote. This is something I should have checked-out before I married her.

I have enjoyed me some key-lime slime Twinkies and Hi-C Ecto Cooler though. I'm thankful of the reboot for their resurgence.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:45 pm

My wife and I took our older son to see it on Sunday. It was fun as hell.

Whether someone is interested in the movie or not, that's one thing for sure and up to everyone. I will say that all the things the Ghostbros were throwing out about the movie being sexist towards men and racist (they determined these things from the trailers, I guess, because they are the ones boycotting the movie)----that shit is dumb as hell and 100% wrong. Just reactionary shit because they are mad that people are calling them on being sexist.

My take after this whole summer of Ghostbusters stuff...if you want to see it, you should. If you don't, you shouldn't. But I assume that should be the idea around any movie.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:29 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I will say that all the things the Ghostbros were throwing out about the movie being sexist towards men and racist (they determined these things from the trailers, I guess, because they are the ones boycotting the movie)----that shit is dumb as hell and 100% wrong.

The trailer made Jones' character look like an outdated stereotype, it's by far not as extreme in the movie as it would look like but still the question remains why they portrayed the sole black actress as the one who works in the subway and is kinda loud and obnoxious instead of putting her as one of the scientists
The real Ghostbusters timeline even made Winston Zedmore getting a doctor title (in the 2009 video game which is commonly seen as the third movie) so why go this stereotype route in the year 2016? It makes no sense to me.

And the movie is sexist toward men. Just swap the gender of Beckman and what would you get? The stereotypical dumb bimbo who only got the job because she's sexy, having the male Ghotsbusters drool over her.
Everybody would call that sexist and they would be right.
So how in the world is is Hemsworth's character not sexist? Because males can't be victims of sexism? (Kinda the same dumb logic as "Black people can't be racist because they're black")
And considering the portrayal of all male characters in the movie, the feminist agenda is obvious. I mean Feig hates men for whatever reason and it's painfully obvious. All males in the movie are either dumb like Beckman, juvenile assholes like the dean or complete losers like Rowan. Not to forget that they defeat the Ghostbusters Logo by shooting him between the legs which obviously was done on purpose.
Again, swap the genders, if all women would be portrayed as dumb sex symbols, assholes and losers everybody would be up in arms about it.

Personally, i'm just really glad the movie is bombing as bad as it does. So far Sony got about 80 million dollars from the Box Office (if that much even) and even Feig said they need to make 500 million just to break even. It was just that bad and unfunny (guess you need to be american to laugh about puking ghosts, queefing and other low brow toilet humor from the late 90's...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:00 am

Depending on how much stock you put in Hollywood's wacky accounting system, "Ghostbusters '16" is apparently shaping up to be a $70 million loss for Sony Pictures. No matter how you slice it, the movie was a bomb.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515?facebook_20160810

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Depending on how much stock you put in Hollywood's wacky accounting system, "Ghostbusters '16" is apparently shaping up to be a $70 million loss for Sony Pictures. No matter how you slice it, the movie was a bomb.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515?facebook_20160810

Well, I guess that's one thing the Ghostbros have to be happy about. A random movie that does not affect them in the slightest if they choose not to go see it only made $180 million.

The Ghostbros are doing splendidly, I'd say.

Looking forward to Paul Feig's next movie. I would be so stoked if he remade Back to the Future with female leads.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 am

"Ghostbros" would be a good name for a band... Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Ghostbros" would be a good name for a band... Laughing very hard

Ha yes it would.

You know, the thing about the Ghostbusters reboot for me is this: I enjoyed it and, more importantly, my son enjoyed it. Our family has spend the past 3 months immersed in GB, between the first 2 movies, the cartoon and the new movie, plus Ecto Cooler (and Popsicles and Jell-O made of same) and Twinkies and all that stuff.

My son, of course, has no concern for any controversey, but for me, that part of it has been fun. I'm kinda bummed the Facebook posts have been slowing down (no movie to really promote--until VOD/Blu Ray) because any time I needed to kill time at work, the comments sections of those posts have been entertainment gold. At the end of the day, the only thing I personally had to lose was the possibility of a sequel, so that maybe my younger son could have a theatrical Ghostbusters experience.

Maybe 30 years from now when GB '16 is a nostalgic and/or cult hit for people who are kids today. Ha. Because, as we all know, in 1982 John Carpenter's remake of The Thing From Another World bombed, and it's one of the greatest and most revered movies ever made. A young kid today does not give a shit about some 30- or 40-year-old's "old-dude" love for a (what they consider) old ass movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 am

Quote :
I'm kinda bummed the Facebook posts have been slowing down (no movie to really promote--until VOD/Blu Ray) because any time I needed to kill time at work, the comments sections of those posts have been entertainment gold.

Follow the FB page for Bobby Blotzer's RATT, it will have the same effect. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I'm kinda bummed the Facebook posts have been slowing down (no movie to really promote--until VOD/Blu Ray) because any time I needed to kill time at work, the comments sections of those posts have been entertainment gold.

Follow the FB page for Bobby Blotzer's RATT, it will have the same effect. Very Happy

Ha, I never even thought of that. I will have to give that a proper perusing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 7:06 am

OK, so I RedBoxed the new Ghostbusters last night, aaaaand .…. It was okay. I had been keeping my expectations low after all the bad reviews and online hate I'd read and I think that actually worked in the movie's favor, cuz I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

It's definitely a "rent," not a "buy," and I doubt I'll ever feel compelled to see it again, but overall I had no major complaints. I did not feel victimized by any sort of supposed feminist agenda, nor did I feel that a precious part of my childhood had been destroyed, so I didn't feel the need to go to a safe space when it was over.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 9:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, so I RedBoxed the new Ghostbusters last night, aaaaand .…. It was okay. I had been keeping my expectations low after all the bad reviews and online hate I'd read and I think that actually worked in the movie's favor, cuz I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

It's definitely a "rent," not a "buy," and I doubt I'll ever feel compelled to see it again, but overall I had no major complaints. I did not feel victimized by any sort of supposed feminist agenda, nor did I feel that a precious part of my childhood had been destroyed, so I didn't feel the need to go to a safe space when it was over.

We bought it for our son as a Halloween gift. I have seen it about 4 times now, plus the time in the theater. Heh.

Did you watch the theatrical or extended edition? The extended version would not make or break someone either way, but some of the stuff that was added in was interesting, and some of the jokes were altered.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 11:03 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

We bought it for our son as a Halloween gift. I have seen it about 4 times now, plus the time in the theater. Heh.

Did you watch the theatrical or extended edition? The extended version would not make or break someone either way, but some of the stuff that was added in was interesting, and some of the jokes were altered.

I believe that the DVDs carried by RedBox are the theatrical cut only.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4