Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer

Go down 
+21
Wrecked Neck
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
James B.
ShadowAngel
Boris2008
666_Evil_666
mc666
metalinmyveins
exact33
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
chewie
Required Fields
tohostudios
thejokeriv
martinsane
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 9:33 am

Runicen wrote:
Gotta love the sweeping generalizations in social media about it too - "If you don't like it, it's because you're a neckbeard who hates women."  Rolling Eyes

Heh, I've been more of the mind that if you don't like it, you are probably a Trump supporter (who hates women). Ha. Still not fully sure what a neckbeard is but people talk about them a lot.

While I am 100% on board with GB '16, as said a bunch o' times here, Key and Peele is a great idea. Those dudes are funny.

I see no problem with having the idea of doing the movie all female before having anything else in place. And with Paul Fieg as director, I feel like he almost approaches every movie with that idea in mind anyway. He's good at it. So after turning down GB a bunch a times, when he finally agreed to it, he knew he wasn't just going to do the same stuff and would have to put his stamp on it.

I'm curious how well this will do at the box office. It's garnered so much auto-hate from the internet...but there is a whole world of people out there that just go to movies and don't feel compelled to talk about them on the chatty boards for a year before they come out. Either way, even if it flops, all of the excellent people involved, cast and director, are solidified enough, I don't think it will hurt them. And we'll get at least this one (I'm assuming) excellent GB movie.

I do find it enjoyable to see how mad people get about it. This isn't really directed at any commenter in this thread, but just the general comment-section kind of reactions on social media and places like that. I don't really understand getting mad about movies. If you aren't into seeing it, then you don't have to. And GB '84 and GB 2 are left untouched and unscathed, sitting on your DVD shelf to enjoy at your leisure.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 9:59 am

Nothing I hear about Paul Fieg impresses me. None of the movies he's been involved with have even interested me on a basic level and he seems very "lowest common denominator" with regard to what he churns out. No hate to anyone who digs his stuff - I eat junk food more than I should, so I get he impulse. Smile

But what really soured me is that, when the negative comments started rolling in, he said that the only reason anyone couldn't like his stuff is because they're sexist. Sorry, dude, you're making a fart joke comedy. You don't get to play the righteous indignation card. We're not talking about Citizen Kane here...

What's next? Someone doesn't like Tommy Boy so you accuse them of hating fat people?

Proof seems to be in the pudding though - that trailer was terrible. For real contrast, someone took the music and transitions from the new trailer and put footage of the original movie into it instead. It looks awesome and got me pumped to watch the movie - which is what a trailer is supposed to do. This new one doesn't look cool. It's embarrassing on the level of your parent going with you to a concert when you're 13 and trying to fit in.

What's going to suck is that all these people talking smack on the movie are going to pay to go see it, which is just silly kinds of stupid. That alone will probably at least allow it to break even unless the majority of people are smarter than I give them credit for and simply sit this one out. If THAT happens, a little faith in humanity will be restored and maybe if someone bothers touching yet another franchise I love, they'll try harder.

Then again, they keep making Michael Bay Transformers movies and there's yet another Ninja Turtles movie coming out, so I can expect my childhood joys to continue being abused for the foreseeable future... angry
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:11 am

I don't know, I would not exactly classify any of his movies as fart joke comedies. Some of it gets raunchy, for sure.

Also, I see a lot of people say the trailer is terrible. Even people who were interested in the movie initially were not into the trailer. To each their own, but I don't know what trailer people are watching. The trailer got me even more jazzed on the whole thing. I think it's great.

I do fully agree that everyone bitching about the movie should not go pay to see it. Though, I guess that's a bit contradictory coming from me because I rallied against the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot from day one (and it's the ONLY remake I've ever been fully against, based solely on its very existence) and I still saw it on opening night. I, of course, hated it...but no matter what they did I was going to hate it. But that bit aside, I always keep an open mind about remakes.

But Feig, yeah, he created Freaks and Geeks...so maybe I started out with a bias from him to begin with, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:16 am

Maybe it's just lost on me because I think US comedies aren't just circling the drain - they're halfway down, stuck in the trap somewhere. So, someone like Feig who is supposed to be so all-singing, all-dancing because he made Bridesmaids (another movie where the premise enticed as much as those stupid Hangover movies) putting his poop smear on Ghostbusters - which I think is a really good comedy movie you can sort of almost take seriously if you squint right - really puts me off.

Probably to be fair, if Michael Bay was doing an all-male reboot, I'd be just as torqued off. Thing is, he wouldn't have (or probably attempt to use) the sexism defense to throw off the criticism if people hated it from the word "go." So, it's kind of compounded by Feig being a PC toolbag as far as I'm concerned.

Though, to be fair, I suppose PC toolbag is at least different from the "CG EXPLOSION SEXY" reboot trend of late... Maybe I should be thankful Ghostbusters at least got ruined in a new way. Laughing

Oh, I suppose I should offer full disclosure and say that the last movie I just about died laughing during was Deadpool, so maybe I'm a warped specimen! "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 395375
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:25 am

Bridesmaids is funny as F*ck.

Still stoked to see Deadpool.

I agree that The Hangover was not as funny as people made it out to be and I never saw the sequels, but there have been a good amount of comedies in the past 5 to 10 years that I've laughed a lot at. Some times it's based on the concept or story, but usually the comedy is really derived from the person delivering the lines. Channing Tatum, for example, kills me every time in anything.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:32 am

Wait... so you've seen Bridesmaids, but still haven't seen Deadpool? You need to get on the horn with that one. You're missing out! Laughing very hard

I'll tell you what my sister told me - you will be laughing from the opening credits to the ending. It's a very well done movie and it works on every level it needs to. That's speaking as someone who was kind of worn out on the internet hype machine for it by the time I was actually drug out to see it. I'm glad my friends insisted!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:36 am

Runicen wrote:
Wait...  so you've seen Bridesmaids, but still haven't seen Deadpool?  You need to get on the horn with that one.  You're missing out!  Laughing very hard

I'll tell you what my sister told me - you will be laughing from the opening credits to the ending.  It's a very well done movie and it works on every level it needs to.  That's speaking as someone who was kind of worn out on the internet hype machine for it by the time I was actually drug out to see it.  I'm glad my friends insisted!

Ha, well when Bridesmaids came out, I did not yet have kids, so I was at the theater opening day (and went to see just about any movie i had even the slightest interest in). I now have two small kids, so movie theater experiences are like twice a year, max, for now. But I will be picking up Deadpool on release day (next week!)...It's been among my most anticipated 2016 movies.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:37 am

I know it's all subjective, but I don't think you'll be disappointed once you pick up a copy. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Strangely, I'm reading largely positive reviews of this flick.  Either the critics are afraid of being called "sexist" if they slam the film because all the leads are female or that trailer at the beginning of this thread is one of the worst representative trailers to ever come out.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 8:32 pm

I've read a couple of reviews that were lukewarm, i. e. they felt it wasn't a terrible movie, just an unnecessary one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Even lukewarm is positive compared to that awful trailer.  That thing makes this film look like a trainwreck IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:49 am

I've read a bunch of positive stuff too. Negative stuff as well, for sure.

I don't buy the idea that reviewers are giving it positive reviews so they don't get called sexist. I do know that a bunch of the anti-Ghostbusters reboot crowd is pushing that idea though.

In truth, I will be kinda bummed when the controversy over this movie dies down because right now, the Ghostbusters Facebook page, particularly the comments on every post, is a goldmine of hilarity. A lot of it is shitty sexist comments from people that are mad--but their anger and the time they put into it...damn, it's funny. I guess there's always the Trump FB page though for my daily dose of laughs.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 9:01 am

It's a crass cash-in based on a popular intellectual property. There's is 0.0% chance this movie will be better than the original because the original is a perfect film. The best this movie can hope for is to be "okay" or "not bad." Who in the world would see this film and expect anything else?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah, I too am tired of the new (it seems the last 10-12 years) position that if I disagree with you...I'M AN EVIL HATER OF ANYONE IN THAT GROUP!! Geez, talk about squashing freedom of speech and opinion.

Concerning the new GB...I too am surprised a redo was deemed necessary as the original is about perfect a comedy as I can think of. Trying purposely to squish all women into the roles (not organically at all) just makes it more annoying. If the original had all been women, and now they wre trying to make some statement by making it all men, I'd find that just as annoying.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Based on trailers (I assume that's what you are basing it on, and not seeing the movie yet either?), those actresses don't feel squished in at all.

But that's beside the point, and good ol' opinion...what I did want to mention is, regarding whether the reboot was deemed necessary. As far as a studio is concerned, any movie they feel will make a profit is deemed necessary. That included Columbia back in 1984. Then what we, as movie fans, can hope for as that the creative forces that get hired to make them money actually give us a good movie (remake, sequel, original or whatever).

I have no idea if GB will make the money they hope it does. If not, there will be no sequel...if it does, then new franchise bros! And more pissing and moaning on the internet...so that will be fun. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 11:06 am

Seems like the new "'busters" didn't flat-out tank in its opening weekend, but it wasn't a smash either. It came in at #2 in the U.S. with $46M, right behind "Secret Life of Pets."

This seemed kind of odd, though: I was just checking RedBox's website to see if and when they'd be getting "Batman vs. Superman" (there's always a time lag of several weeks between a flick's video release and its appearance in RedBox machines) and I noticed that the new Ghostbusters is already showing in their "COMING SOON" section. A bad omen? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 2:29 pm

In order to break even Ghostbusters needs to bring in $375-$400 million worldwide. It will never get close to that.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 9:30 am

Man, anyone see the crazy shit with Leslie Jones' Twitter last night?
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
In order to break even Ghostbusters needs to bring in $375-$400 million worldwide. It will never get close to that.

500 million us dollars. That number was even confirmed by Feig himself.
The start was a bust, considering experts projected the opening weekend between 65 and 85 million dollars and it barely went over 46 million, in Brazil it came in 4th, in Australia it made a mediocre 2.7 million and while it debuted in the UK at #1 it was shown to a lot of empty or near empty theaters.
In the US it will be destroyed next week when Star Trek, Ice Age and Lights Out start and the week after that Jason Bourne and Bad Moms starts.
The movie will fail and Sony will still twist it and blame it on "sexists" and males and possible "it's banned in China, that's the reason"

And the movie gets trashed right and left. Just everything that was in the leaked screenplay is in the movie, the humour is horrendous, the movie is anti-male, anti-ghostbusters (fighting the ghostbusters logo who is male and defeating him by shooting him in the crotch...wtf?!?!) and anti-ghostbusters fans since Rowan North is displayed as the typical nerdy fanboy.

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Man, anyone see the crazy shit with Leslie Jones' Twitter last night?

Not the first time that happened. Leslie Jones lashed out a ton of nasty comments back in December (calling everybody who even dare to say anything negative about the movie racist or sexist or racist and sexist among other nasty things) and people fired back. This time she attacked Milo Yiannopoulos from Breitbart who is one of many giving a negative review to the movie. Jones went completely apeshit on this guy trashing him, calling him out for being gay and that was a big mistake. Milo is insanely popular with the 4chan crowd.
Altough to be honest i still believe this all was more a desperate PR stunt by Sony because the timing is just too perfect: A couple hours after the abysmal weekend box office is released this stuff is suddenly going down. Like Sony started it to steer the mass media away from the mediocre numbers the movie made and more toward "look at at those racists and sexists!". Considering they have been playing the racist and sexist card for months now (funnily while the movie is sexist toward men and leslie jones' character is a baffling racist stereotype) it doesn't sound unrealistic for them to do. Especially since Jones didn't ignore the post, block the people or simply left twitter for a couple hours until this died down. No, she reacted in the most cringe-worthy, childish way possible and just added more fuel to the fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:08 am

.....ha, okay?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:29 am

ShadowAngel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
In order to break even Ghostbusters needs to bring in $375-$400 million worldwide.  It will never get close to that.  

500 million us dollars. That number was even confirmed by Feig himself.

Break even figures have been pegged at anywhere between $300-$400 million. (Sony Insiders say $300 million, but they are probably spinning that number on the low side.) Feig is spinning when he says $500 million to justify the reaction to this movie. He's deliberately setting low expectations.

I still can't fathom how a big budget movie made by a global megacorporation is somehow now a political statement. It's an excuse to sell Twinkies, Pringles and toys. People are easily duped.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:41 am

Just Googled the story about Leslie Jones and Twitter....good grief. Twitter is pretty much the worst thing ever. Haha.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just Googled the story about Leslie Jones and Twitter....good grief. Twitter is pretty much the worst thing ever. Haha.

Nah dude, didn't you read the above post...she totally invited all that vile racism in as a way to sell a couple of movie tickets.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 9:58 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nah dude, didn't you read the above post...she totally invited all that vile racism in as a way to sell a couple of movie tickets.

(ala Comic Book Guy) Worst! Viral marketing idea! EVER! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39605

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

(ala Comic Book Guy) Worst! Viral marketing idea! EVER! Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next