Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer

Go down 
+21
Wrecked Neck
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
James B.
ShadowAngel
Boris2008
666_Evil_666
mc666
metalinmyveins
exact33
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
chewie
Required Fields
tohostudios
thejokeriv
martinsane
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Empty
PostSubject: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Ummmm... nope. Nope nope nope nope. Them's not Ghostbusters. Them's impostors.  

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 pm

That does not look good at all.  Just another unnecessary sequel/rehash/re-imagining.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 5:04 pm

I kept waiting -- no, make that praying -- for Dan Aykroyd to pull up in the ECTO-1 and say "Naaah, just kidding." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I kept waiting -- no, make that praying -- for Dan Aykroyd to pull up in the ECTO-1 and say "Naaah, just kidding." Laughing very hard

That would've made the trailer worth watching. Looks like garbage, although the ghosts look good and I am glad these are being released:

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer NEJxy6ZL72KDNJ_1_b

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 9:48 am

mikeinfla wrote:

Those sound good. I'll have to try them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm

"Key Lime Slime?" Barf. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Yes very sad and bad indeed. Harold Ramis would not have allowed this. Stupid cash grab that will do well in theaters as the mindless masses just don't get it.

And as for those Twinkies, I concur with Keith, barf indeed...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Key Lime Slime?" Barf. Laughing very hard

My feeling about the trailer is the same as Ghostbusters twinkies - nasty.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Boy that does look bad.  That little clip contains enough forced "jokes" for an entire movie.  That looks loud and stupid.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 5:51 pm

This is turning out to be one of the most hated movies of the year already. And it's not even in cinemas yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 7:27 pm

The TV media seem to be falling all over themselves to love it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 am

Meh. If I'm being honest here, I'm more interested in the Key Lime Slime Twinkies. I'd spend money on them, whereas I'll probably wait the movies cable debut by next Christmas. Ecto-Cooler is supposedly coming back too.

Ecto-Cooler + vodka = DEEEEEE-LISH!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 pm

I have no idea what you guys are looking at. That trailer looks so fun to me.

Paul Feig, in my opinion, has killed it with his recent comedies. The cast is awesome. The spirit of the original is there in that trailer. The living cast members are supposed to do cameos (no clue what capacity)...just so much fun.

Every piece that has been added to this puzzle since I started hearing about it has been great. Feig as director. All-female cast. Announcement of said female cast members. Trailer.

Can't wait!

Edit: Also excited for the key lime slime Twinkies!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:56 pm

I just have a hard time getting excited about re-boots in general. Especially if I hold the original in such high-esteem. There's a handful of decent ones, but they fail more often than they succeed for me.

Will it be funny? Sure, probably. Will it top the original? Never in my mind. The only re-boot that comes to mind that I thought was really hilarious was '21 Jump Street' and it's sequel, although to be honest, I never watched the tv show.

There is the off-chance that my kids will want to see it and that could persuade me to see it in the theater. Otherwise, I'll wait it out.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm open-minded to this whole ordeal, but that stock trailer contains not one single funny element.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just have a hard time getting excited about re-boots in general. Especially if I hold the original in such high-esteem. There's a handful of decent ones, but they fail more often than they succeed for me.

Will it be funny? Sure, probably. Will it top the original? Never in my mind. The only re-boot that comes to mind that I thought was really hilarious was '21 Jump Street' and it's sequel, although to be honest, I never watched the tv show.

There is the off-chance that my kids will want to see it and that could persuade me to see it in the theater. Otherwise, I'll wait it out.

Certainly it will never top the original. Well, I mean, it's not impossible for a remake or reboot or sequel to top the original, but I don't think that will be the case here. All I'm after is a funny or entertaining movie about a concept I enjoy. I have no doubt that will happen here.

21 and 22 Jump Street were great. I never watched the show either, maybe an episode here or there, but I have no concerns about the original. That kinda thing helps for sure.

But in the past 12 years, we've gotten some great remakes/reboots, like Dawn of the Dead, Planet of the Apes (I enjoy the Burton one, but talking about the more recent Franco-starring one), Last House on the Left (way better than the original, in my opinion), Friday the 13th, Fright Night. I also really enjoyed RoboCop, despite the naysayers.

And some terrible ones: The Fog, Nightmare on Elm Street...well, those are really the worst offenders in my book.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 5:33 pm

this is one of those movies someone will ask a couple months after it opens "Who gave the green light to make this" and the room will be full of blank stares....

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
this is one of those movies someone will ask a couple months after it opens "Who gave the green light to make this" and the room will be full of blank stares....

Smile

Also this will be the movie that is in Redbox a couple of weeks after its release.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 9:16 am

Was I supposed to laugh during that clip? This looks awful!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:24 am

The original franchise was a cold turd, so no doubt the reboot will be as well.

666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 4:13 pm

I have no interest in this...the originals were great, should of left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 pm

007 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Those sound good. I'll have to try them.

I've never had a Twinkie but they look utterly disgusting! (with or without radioactive slime)

Seriously guys, are fresh cakes that hard to come by in the states? lol!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:35 pm

It's downright disgusting and all the criticism about it is well deserved. Here you have a beloved franchise that spawned great movies, a great animated series and a few great video games getting raped.

The trailers are laughable. What is so funny about "you have a ghost inside you, i slap you multiple times while screaming in your face"? What is so funny about "that ghost pukes"? (I thought we left that puke humour back in the 90's?)
Then you have the sexism (the logo creation scene, "haha, 4 woman, let's make a logo with tits, haha, funny" and the 4 drooling all over their mediocre looking male secretary) and racism ("Let's put in a big fat black woman who is loud and obnoxious and works a shit job at the subway")

And if the leaked script is true the final fight will be against the Ghostbusters logo itself...and the "best" scenes are those in the trailers because there's not a lot else going on, even the cameo's of the original cast are crap and stupid.
(Why not go with the "The original Ghostbusters act as mentors to new Ghostbusters" like they did with Extreme Ghostbusters and the awesome 2009 Video games? Would've been so much better than "We live in weird feminist times, let's just turn the genders around, haha that is so creative!"

I'm baffled that after all the failures Hollywood still hasn't realized that reboots are shit and nobody needs them. I mean weren't the reboots of Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Helloween, Robocop, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Clash of Titans, Karate Kid, Conan the Barbarian, A Room with a View or Red Dawn, to name a few, not horrendous and unneccessary enough? Why can't they stop raping all the classics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Don't like the original, so this will probably follow suit.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 pm

exact33 wrote:

Nah. I'm thinking this is going to be huge summer film, like it or not. Despite the reviews it gets (good, bad or indifferent), it's gonna make enough money for a sequel. The movie company is putting way too much in promotion and marketing to let this potential turd get flushed away that easily.

PostSubject: Re: "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer   "Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ghostbusters" 2016 trailer
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next