Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghostbusters 3?

Go down 
+9
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
manny
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:35 am

Bill Murray Talks 'Ghostbusters III' Rumors

Ghostbusters 3? Murray-confirms-gb3-200ms020810When Bill Murray says it, it is so. He's dead.

In the upcoming 'Ghostbusters' sequel, we mean.

In a recent interview with the Daily Mail -- in which the star defended his difficult reputation, said 'Groundhog Day' was robbed at the Oscars and claimed the few scenes that featured him in 1989's 'Ghostbusters 2' were "the only funny ones in the movie" -- Murray confirmed months (years?) of Internet speculation by stating for the record that yes, he'll be in 'Ghostbusters 3' and yes, he'll play a ghost.

"I said to them, 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel'," he told Martyn Palmer. "So now they're going to have me as a ghost in the film."

While there have been some misdirections in recent months, this revelation isn't a complete surprise. During her press tour for 'Avatar' in December, Sigourney Weaver let slip that she'd caught a glimpse of the 'GB3' script, and that Murray had a ghostly presence in it.

But Weaver's comments were since been debunked online, and even Ivan Reitman attempted to do some damage control when he confirmed last month he'd be directing the third installment in the now twenty-six year old franchise.

"I'm not going to comment on what's in the script and on what Sigourney may or may not have said," Reitman said at the National Board of Review Awards. "She's been so busy on 'Avatar,' I've not been able to find her. There's some very cool things in the new draft [of the script], let's just put it that way."

But now, thanks to Murray, we know its all been smoke and mirrors. Or has it? Murray's been known to have a little fun with his image, and even poke fun at his old roles. So is this a case where Murray's candor can be trusted, or is he pulling our chain?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 am

I don't know what to believe there,but I'm a big fan of Bill Murray and like him in just about everything he's been in.This could be good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 am

I wonder how many people will really care about a new "Ghostbusters" after all this time. The second movie came out 20 years ago!!

Last rumor I heard was that they were going to address the passage of time by showing Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray's characters training a crew of young Ghostbusters who would eventually take over the franchise....which would suck.

They might as well just "reboot" it with a whole new cast if that's the direction they're going to go.

I shudder at the thought of who the new crew would be...imagine, say, Jack Black, Zach Galifinakas, and Michael Cera in Ghostbuster togs? Ugh!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am

Eh, I love Ghostbusters, but if they are going to do this it's way too late. The original idea of taking the third script and turning it into the game storyline was a much better idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 am

I think it could be cool...especially w/ Venkman (Murray) as a ghost...I'll see it once.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

lol I think that would be awesome with those 3 as ghostbusters. never thought of that

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I recently read an article about a Ghostbuster 3 script from years ago that had the original guys in an alternate version of New York in Hell. Bill Murray was the lone hold-out back then and the script has since gone through numerous re-writes, including the last one where the original guys train a new batch of 'busters.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Random Ghostbuster related story:

When I was a freshman in college, my friend and I were walking in downtown Manhattan one night and we stumbled upon a location shoot for "Ghostbusters 2" in front of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That was WAY cool. We got to see all four of the guys up close, we stood around for a couple of hours (on a VERY chilly autumn evening) and watched'em shoot the same scene a bunch of times. It was the part towards the end of the movie when the Busters come screaming up to the front of the museum in the "ECTO-1," find it covered in slime, and Murray/Venkman sez "C'mon guys, there's always time for Jell-O".

I've watched that movie dozens of times over the years but have never been able to pick myself out in that particular scene. I remember the first time I saw it in a theatre, when "my" scene came up my brother leaned over to me and said "So where are you?" ... I realized the crowd in the background looked A LOT bigger on screen than it did the night I saw them shoot the movie, so I just sez "Ehhhh, I dunno, I'm in that mess somewhere."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I recently read an article about a Ghostbuster 3 script from years ago that had the original guys in an alternate version of New York in Hell. Bill Murray was the lone hold-out back then and the script has since gone through numerous re-writes, including the last one where the original guys train a new batch of 'busters.

Scroll down to #8, although the whole article is pretty cool...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15072_the-10-most-awesome-movies-hollywood-ever-killed.html

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 pm

I think of the disaster of 'Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull' and feel 'Ghostbusters 3' will be just as sucky
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:42 pm

manny wrote:
I think of the disaster of 'Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull' and feel 'Ghostbusters 3' will be just as sucky

I think you're right on the money there, Manny. Trying to resurrect our beloved treasured childhood memories from the 80's, either through pointless sequels, gritty re-boots or fancy CGI bells & whistles is a moot point. They'll never surpass or equal the originals.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:48 pm

I thought Zombieland was the last of Bill Murray. Ghostbusters 3? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Ghostbusters 3? 2

If they do indeed bring out "Ghostbusters 3," I hope they'll revive Ghostbusters breakfast cereal to tie in with the movie. Faaaaan-tastic stuff. It turned the milk some kind of unGodly orange/purple color if memory serves.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 pm

I was more of an Ecto-Cooler fan myself...

Ghostbusters 3? Ecto_cooler

...but yea, that cereal was pretty good too.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was more of an Ecto-Cooler fan myself...

Ghostbusters 3? Ecto_cooler

...but yea, that cereal was pretty good too.

Ghostbusters 3? 11840 Great drink! Unfortunatly, I never had the cereal. My parents never let me have cereals like that (I also missed out on Pac Man cereal Ghostbusters 3? Icon_sad ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:55 am

Loved the first Ghostbusters, the second didn't do much for me. As much as I would like to see a new one, maybe too much time has past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 am

I loved both the ceral and the drink Very Happy. And yes Freddy, the milk was a pretty gnarly purple when all was said and done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 am

I would see this one last Ghostbusters but as soon as they pass the reigns over to a new cast i'm done.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:24 pm

They can make this movie so much better than the 1st 2 if they put their hearts and minds into it. Plus the way graphics in movies are today, I'm pretty sure the visuals will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 am

I've been waiting since 1989 for this movie. I thought that after Bill Murray did that cameo in Zombieland I thought that maybe he would stop with all that drama crap and return to comedy, but I guess not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:51 pm

This is my all time second fave movie. I have been reading rumors on GB3 for almost 7 years now. I won't believe it until I am actually in a theater and the movie is about to start. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghostbusters 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters 3?   Ghostbusters 3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters 3?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: