Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax single!

Go down 
+18
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Rami Airola
Doomdance
Troublezone
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:47 am

Just how did you get it a month before release date mister? scratch
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Just how did you get it a month before release date mister? scratch

I got peoples....
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:08 pm

The whole album leaked some time ago if you want to track it down on the interwebs.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 10:17 am

I know Best Buy is on allot of folks sh*t-list right now, but they're selling (or soon to be) a cd single of 'Breathing Lightning' with 2 live tracks plus a coupon for $2 off the new album when it's released. Same as they did with the last Slayer and Motorhead albums.

1. Breathing Lightning (from the new album For All Kings)
2. Caught in a Mosh (live)
3. Fight 'Em Till You Can't (live)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I know Best Buy is on allot of folks sh*t-list right now, but they're selling (or soon to be) a cd single of 'Breathing Lightning' with 2 live tracks plus a coupon for $2 off the new album when it's released. Same as they did with the last Slayer and Motorhead albums.

1. Breathing Lightning (from the new album For All Kings)
2. Caught in a Mosh (live)
3. Fight 'Em Till You Can't (live)

Interesting. I got the Iron Maiden single from them. Maybe I'll be checking into this one.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 am

Great album!

Much more aggressive and thrashier than Worship Music, and probably their best since Persistence of Time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 7:57 am

I'll be picking mine up today at lunch.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:48 am

Joey's vocals do not sound so hot on this one.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:24 am

The new album's out today right? Do I dare give my local Best Buy a try for it on my ride home? After all, they totally dropped the ball with the new Megadeth a couple of weeks ago....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The new album's out today right? Do I dare give my local Best Buy a try for it on my ride home? After all, they totally dropped the ball with the new Megadeth a couple of weeks ago....

It is out. Whether your Best Buy has it though......

My nearest one is supposed to so I'm going to check it out here shortly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:38 am

Quote :
It is out. Whether your Best Buy has it though......

I guess there's only one way to find out... Very Happy

It doesn't look like the Best Buy version has any extra tracks or special goodies like the Megadeth disc so if it's the same CD that you can find anywhere else, I might luck out.

Get this, tho: I just found out that Anthrax had a special listening party for the new album last night at a recording/rehearsal studio in Butler, NJ - which is the next town over from me!! -and I had no knowledge of it. There was a meet & greet 'n' everything. DAMMIT! Why am I always the last to find out about cool sh*t?? Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 1:28 pm

My Best Buy had plenty of copies, at least a dozen. First impressions on this album is that it's really good. Great songs and I for one believe Belladonna sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Stopped @ Best Buy on the way home tonight and Anthrax was in tha houuuuuse ... or something like that. Very Happy

Probably won't have time to listen to it till tomorrow but at least I got one! :cheese:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Listening to this album is a slog. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

I should have my copy of this Monday.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 10:38 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Listening to this album is a slog.  Ugh.

It's a bit of a chore to get through, isn't it?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just found out that Anthrax had a special listening party for the new album last night at a recording/rehearsal studio in Butler, NJ - which is the next town over from me!! -and I had no knowledge of it. There was a meet & greet 'n' everything. DAMMIT! Why am I always the last to find out about cool sh*t?? Sad

"Stan Lee is signing comics in my mall?! I must be slipping in my old age!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:00 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I just found out that Anthrax had a special listening party for the new album last night at a recording/rehearsal studio in Butler, NJ - which is the next town over from me!! -and I had no knowledge of it. There was a meet & greet 'n' everything. DAMMIT! Why am I always the last to find out about cool sh*t?? Sad

"Stan Lee is signing comics in my mall?! I must be slipping in my old age!"

Pretty much, yup. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Quote :
Listening to this album is a slog. Ugh.

Quote :
It's a bit of a chore to get through, isn't it?

I still haven't had time to give it a complete spin so obviously it hasn't had time to 'gel" yet, but I dig what I hear thus far... I think I've made it to about the halfway point (the last track I heard was called "Suzerain," whatever the f*** that is?)

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm enjoying the new album. It's very similar in style to the last album with a few hints of the old 80's Anthrax sound. Fairly melodic overall.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 6:25 pm

1. Among the Living
2. Spreading the Disease
3. Persistence of Time
4. For All Kings
5. Sound of White Noise
6. State of Euphoria
7. Worship Music
8. We've Come for You All
9. Fistful of Generic Speed Metal
10. Vol. 8: The Threat is Real!
11. Stomp 442

Boom
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 1:04 pm

I thought Anthrax broke up after Persistence, and then most of the dudes played in that guy from Armored Saint's side band until they reformed a couple years ago and put out Worship Music?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:14 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I thought Anthrax broke up after Persistence, and then most of the dudes played in that guy from Armored Saint's side band until they reformed a couple years ago and put out Worship Music?

Sounds legit. lol!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Interesting that this album isn't on Spotify. I'm damn curious to check it out beyond what we have on youtube.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Interesting that this album isn't on Spotify. I'm damn curious to check it out beyond what we have on youtube.

Yeah that's how I plan to check it out too. "Evil Twin" is there, so maybe it's one of those delayed things, where it has to be out for a couple weeks before it hits Spotify. Though a big chunk of their catalog is not there anyway, the Bush era...so no clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax single!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4