Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:05 pm

So, I am ripping my collection to my desktop and I was looking through some of the booklets as I do so. On the tray art for Anthrax's "Stomp 442" there is an advertisement for an album titled "Metallus Maximus Livus". Does anybody have this? Also, my single for "Fueled" is recognized as the "Safe Home" single from the "WCFYA" album. But it plays the correct songs. What's up with that?

Thanks, HoM.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:16 pm

If memory serves, Metallus Maximus Livus was the working title for what eventually became The Greater of Two Evils (the album with the John Bush lineup re-doing old Belladonna and Turbin era songs).

I think they put it up to a vote on their web site and everybody hated the "Metallus" title so they changed it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Quote :
On the tray art for Anthrax's "Stomp 442" there is an advertisement for an album titled "Metallus Maximus Livus". Does anybody have this?

Never heard of it. My guess it was an ad for an upcoming live album that never materialized. Stomp 442 was their last album for Elektra records. It could've been something in the planning stages, but then they got dropped from the label and it never came to be.

Just a wild guess on my part though.

EDIT: Or maybe what FF said. I dunno. don\'t know

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:22 pm

(ahem) From the Wiki entry for The Greater of Two Evils:

wikipedia wrote:
The Greater of Two Evils is an album by American thrash metal band Anthrax. The album was released in November 2004 (2004 in music) on the Sanctuary record label.

The album is made up of fourteen Anthrax songs from the band's early era that were first released between 1983 and 1990. These tracks have been re-recorded by Anthrax's 2004 lineup, with vocalist John Bush recording new version of songs originally sung by Neil Turbin and Joey Belladonna. The final track listing was decided by a vote on the band's website. The track list was then recorded by the band "live" in the studio over two days. The album was originally going to be named "Metallum Maximum Aeturnum", with possible plans to change it to "Old School, New School, Our School: Metallum Maximum Aeturnum" or "Metal Thrashing Mad: Metallum Maximum Aeturnum".

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Well there you go...

Thanks Wikipedia. And Fat Freddy, I guess.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:37 pm

The Fueled/Safe Home deal happened because those CDs are of a similar length and by the same artist.  Gracenote is using the metadata to try and figure it out when you try to rip the CD - itunes uses Gracenote - and the closest it can get is Safe Home.  It probably means no one has uploaded the Fueled single to Gracenote/iTunes. Other CD playing/ripping programs use Gracenote as well, so it's not just an Itunes thing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Sentinel, what version of Stomp 442 do you have? The 1995 original release or the later release with bonus tracks? Just trying to figure out the timeline for the releases.

If it's the original '95 release, my theory works. If it's either the 2001 or 2003 re-releases, FF answer makes more sense. Just wonderin' while I'm waiting for my work computer to render an animation. I have another 23 minutes to spare.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sentinel, what version of Stomp 442 do you have? The 1995 original release or the later release with bonus tracks? Just trying to figure out the timeline for the releases.

If it's the original '95 release, my theory works. If it's either the 2001 or 2003 re-releases, FF answer makes more sense. Just wonderin' while I'm waiting for my work computer to render an animation. I have another 23 minutes to spare.

It's 100% what FF said. I have both versions and it's only in the reissue.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 pm

I was gonna say I never heard of that. Then I saw what WF said about the re-release (I have the original version). Either way, I would have ignored that release (and did so).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

BOOOO!! I like my made-up theory better. Razz

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 5:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

BOOOO!! I like my made-up theory better. Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:39 pm

I have both versions, MG.

FF, thanks for the info. I have the Go2E album. I thought there might be a live album out there that I was missing.

WF, blowin' my mind with knowledge as always. Thanks, brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anthrax  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax    Anthrax  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax
Page 1 of 1