Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax single!

Go down 
+18
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Rami Airola
Doomdance
Troublezone
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

New Anthrax single! Empty
PostSubject: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 am

Here's the lyric video for the new Anthrax single "Evil Twin."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 7:36 am

Thanks for posting. I listened to it twice and the second time I listened to it, I sort of forgot it was on...that's never a good thing. My first impression, just okay. I enjoyed the last 1/3 of the song. Hopefully there are better songs on the album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 am

It was okay. Like metalinmyveins said, it was better when they got to the breakdown. This is where it reminded me of older Anthrax. Other than that it was a bit bland. Question: if Thrash Metal bands didn't sing about Religion and Politics, what would they sing about?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 9:53 am

the sentinel wrote:
Question: if Thrash Metal bands didn't sing about Religion and Politics, what would they sing about?

Well, Anthrax used to sing about Stephen King and Judge Dredd. Maybe they feel too old now to sing about stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 10:01 am

I guess I'm easy to please. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Question: if Thrash Metal bands didn't sing about Religion and Politics, what would they sing about?

Well, Anthrax used to sing about Stephen King and Judge Dredd. Maybe they feel too old now to sing about stuff like that?

Yeah. War, nuclear war.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 10:53 am

I think it's pretty hot, and I'm not even an Anthrax fan. Sounds like something off of State of Euphoria.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Not for me  New Anthrax single! 352445
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Mildly catchy, unusually technical. In any case, it's much better than that Game of Thrones song (not sure if it will appear on the album or not).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm diggin' it. Sounds like late-80's/early 90's Anthrax.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:27 pm

I thought it was surprisingly good. Better riffs than I remember from Worship Music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Overall, I like it (especially the breakdown part). My friend mentioned how it sounds similar to their song Gridlock from Persistence of Time.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 5:58 am

Can't stand the vocals, Joey is the weakest link in this song.. A shame I always loved his vocals on the old records.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Better riffs than I remember from Worship Music.

I think Earth on Hell and Fight 'em Till You Can't off Worship Music were great, although the latter was partly a copy of Gridlock. In the End was pretty good too. The rest of that album was pretty forgettable, yeah.

This new song....... well I guess it has some drive going for it, but I feel it's mostly pretty forgettable too. It's something that any other thrash band could do and even in their albums it would be one of the mediocre songs.

Listened it three times. Not getting any better.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Not bad. When is the new album due?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Not bad. When is the new album due?

They're shooting for a first quarter 2016 release. They have 2 albums worth of material written so far.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 4:36 pm

Not bad, but not blowing my doors off either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 8:03 pm

New album's called For All Kings, scheduled for a March 2016 release.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 am

Wow, that's quite a way off.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 am

Hmmm, not really digging the new tune. Musically it's fine and Joey sounds good. The lyrics sound clumsy and forced to me. Trying to cram in too many words or something. Too clunky.

Quote :
New album's called For All Kings, scheduled for a March 2016 release.

I read it's been bumped up to a February 26th release.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Anyone post the album artwork yet? No? Ok, here ya go...
cd art..
New Anthrax single! Anthraxforallkingscdsmaller

Original painting...
New Anthrax single! Anthraxforallkingsfinalart_638

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Not bad but it reminds me a bit of Worship Music and We've Come For You All.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 2:06 am

007 wrote:
Not bad but it reminds me a bit of Worship Music and We've Come For You All.

Yeah, pretty much. Remember when they didn't have a pentagram on every album cover?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:16 am

They should have used that second one instead, that greyed-out shit looks awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax single!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next