Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax A.I.R.

Go down 
+10
XYZ
Leatherface
TrogDawn
Required Fields
Troublezone
Trial by Fire
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 am

Does anybody know what this acronym song title stands for? I got the Spreading the Disease album over 20 years ago and it has bugged me since then. Please help.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 pm

A quick googling comes up with "Adolescents In Red" but I have no idea if that is correct or what it means.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Here's the lyrics. Adolescents In Red sorta makes sense,but it's still just a guess.

A I R

Young and free, something you'll never be
A childhood's end, it's lunacy
Pure dictation, they don't listen
And you're just waiting for what you're missing

Welcome to your nightmare
You just can't walk away
It's time for you, to choose, your fate
You just can't let it lay
Welcome to your nightmare
Your whole life's on the way
Today

You're no good, misunderstood, A.I.R.
All their hopes and visions of what they want you to be
Crucial times, made up minds, A.I.R.
So high and mighty, though much too blind too see

Who are you gonna live your life for?
Conformity will trap you like a locked door
Independence means owning your decision's
Authority will put your soul in prison

Fight, go insane, there's no one else to blame
Stop, their influence, you can't give them a chance
Break, right through the wall, that separates us all
Start, your second life, without their hands in sight

You got your pride you got your visions
Don't subside, don't ever give in
Don't compromise just keep on grinning
The games they play you just keep on winning
Keep on winning
Keep on winning
Keep on winning
A.I.R.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:10 pm

It does indeed stand for "Adolescents (or perhaps "Adolescence") In Red." I remember hearing an interview with Anthrax on a metal radio show waaaayyy back when that album was released, and one of the questions the DJ asked was "What the heck does A.I.R. mean?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Adolescence In Red

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It does indeed stand for "Adolescents (or perhaps "Adolescence") In Red." I remember hearing an interview with Anthrax on a metal radio show waaaayyy back when that album was released, and one of the questions the DJ asked was "What the heck does A.I.R. mean?"

So the next question is:

Who are these adolescents and why are they in red?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

So the next question is:

They're in red because green makes them look fat, and plaid accents their calves a little too much.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Speaking of acronymns, does anyone happen to know what Flotsam & Jetsam's U.L.S.W. stands for? I've always wondered and didn't wanna make another thread. Off topic, I know, but I figured it was a good opporunity to find out.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Thank you, Metalguy,FF,Ult. I can rest a happy man now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Trial by Fire wrote:
Speaking of acronymns, does anyone happen to know what Flotsam & Jetsam's U.L.S.W. stands for? I've always wondered and didn't wanna make another thread. Off topic, I know, but I figured it was a good opporunity to find out.

I'd like to know too. scratch
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

So the next question is:

They're in red because green makes them look fat, and plaid accents their calves a little too much.

lol!

The term "in the red" means "negative values".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:54 am

The Adolescents were a great HC band from the OC. The s/t is essential for any fan of music, PERIOD!

Anthrax A.I.R. 41WX0E8B2SL._SS500_

Led by Los Angeles punk legend Rikk Agnew, the Adolescents lived up to their name, bawling out song after angst-ridden song about how much everything--mom, dad, the cops, and, most likely, you--totally sucked. Admittedly, that was nothing special for the scene that spawned them, but Agnew's jaw-dropping array of guitar tricks vaulted the Adolescents near to the top of the heap. Equal parts Dick Dale, Johnny Thunders, and Chuck Berry, Agnew didn't flaunt virtuoso moves, but the riffs he laid down on classics like "I Hate Children," "Wrecking Crew," and "Section 8" were instrumental in creating America's first mosh pits

1. I Hate Children
2. Who Is Who
3. Wrecking Crew
4. L.A. Crew
5. Self Destruct
6. Kids Of The Black Hole
7. No Way
8. Amoeba
9. Word Attack
10. Rip It Up
11. Democracy
12. No Friends
13. Creatures
14. Welcome To Reality
15. Losing Battle
16. Things Start Moving
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:57 am

the sentinel wrote:
Does anybody know what this acronym song title stands for? I got the Spreading the Disease album over 20 years ago and it has bugged me since then. Please help.
I've always heard it stands for "Adolescence in Revolt", which seems to go with the lyrics a lot better than "Red". surprised

Now, anybody want to reveal what the instrumental "S.S.C." right before "Stand or Fall" from the same album stands for? Twisted Evil

And one of my long time questions has been about "H.A.A.G." by SAINT VITUS. No clue what that one stands for. surprised

My all time favorite though, is "D.S.F.W." by ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT, which stands for "Doesn't Stand For Anything", which was a hardcore shot at the glut of acronyms present iin metal at that time (ca. 1986). growl
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:18 am

I've often wondered if A.I.R. was kind of a take off on NIB(the title, not the song).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am

TrogDawn wrote:

Now, anybody want to reveal what the instrumental "S.S.C." right before "Stand or Fall" from the same album stands for? Twisted Evil

I believe it stands for "suck some c**k"

And no, I'm not trying to be a wise a$$. That's what I heard years ago.

Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That's exactly what it stands for, and if you listen with that in mind it sounds so...sleazy...like Moroccan fellatio... Anthrax A.I.R. 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

You are correct.

What does A.D.I. stand for in A.D.I./Horror of it All?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:36 am

Required Fields wrote:

Awwww geez, y'know, I USED to know that one but now I can't think of it for the life of me.

Anybody else??

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 am

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

You are correct.

Andi Deris Impersonator. Sounds odd, but check out the lyrics. It makes total sense when you think about it.
Back to top Go down

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:15 am

Again, MG is 100% spot on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:24 am

spectrefate wrote:
Again, MG is 100% spot on.

Call me Butter, 'cause I am on a roll this morning! Hi-yoooooo!!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:10 pm

So that's what it means. This song rocks! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 pm

I always thought it meant air.
Back to top Go down
terrell39
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 pm

I met Frank Bello on the Stomp tour. He said A.I.R. stands for Adolescence In Rebellion. He said A.D.I. stands for Acoustic Dan Intro. I don't know what S.S.C. stands for (forgot to ask him).

Also met Troy Gregory when he was the bassist for Flotsam and jetsam. He said U.L.S.W. stands for Ugly Lying Stinking Wench. Also said P.A.A.B. stands for P aybacks Are A Bitch. He said E.M.T.E.K. stands for Edward Michael Troy Eric Kelly (band members names arranged to sound like a chemical company. )
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:39 pm

'Bout time someone spoke up!! We've been waiting almost 7 years to get a confirmation on this.

I'm gonna sleep well tonight. That's for certain.
Anthrax A.I.R. 337331

Anthrax A.I.R. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax A.I.R.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next