Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax single!

Go down 
+18
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Rami Airola
Doomdance
Troublezone
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 am

The new guy is getting the bottom point of the pentagram into his head. And if you zoom in for a close up, his face is like a animal.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am

I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

007 wrote:
Not bad but it reminds me a bit of Worship Music and We've Come For You All.

It should. It's the same artist, Alex Ross.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ross

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.

It does seem odd to start doing it quite recently. I have been wondering this since WCFYA and chalk it up to the artist they use and the redesigned "A" logo.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 am

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

It does seem odd to start doing it quite recently. I have been wondering this since WCFYA and chalk it up to the artist they use and the redesigned "A" logo.

Ha, I never even noticed the pentagrams on WCFYA. I don't own it, and I guess I never really gave the cover more than a quick glance. Funny.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Now I don't mind a bit of occult imagery but it doesn't suit Anthrax
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Can't say I'm fussed by it in anyway, but now that you've mentioned it, it does seem rather pointless in 2015.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:08 am

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am

I have to be honest. I am not that excited for this release. I can't believe I just typed that about Anthrax. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:11 am

"For All Kings" will be available on the following formats:

* Boxset (including a digipack, picture-2LP, poster, card, slipmat)
* 2CD digipack (including a bonus live CD)
* 2LP (black vinyl in gatefold)

Nuclear Blast mailorder exclusive:

* Nuclear Blast boxset (including a digipak, poker cards, buttons, dice)
* 2LP (clear, blue, yellow vinyl in gatefold)
* CD + 2LP Bundle (CD+ black vinyl bundle)

"For All Kings" track listing:

CD1
01. You Gotta Believe
02. Monster At The End
03. For All Kings
04. Breathing Lightning
05. Suzerain
06. Evil Twin
07. Blood Eagle Wings
08. Defend/Avenge
09. All Of Them Thieves
10. This Battle Chose Us
11. Zero Tolerance

CD2 (Bonus Live CD)
01. Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't
02. A.I.R.
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Madhouse

2LP
Side A
01. You Gotta Believe
02. Monster At The End
03. For All Kings
04. Breathing Lightning

Side B
01. Suzerain
02. Evil Twin
03. Blood Eagle Wings

Side C
01. Defend/Avenge
02. All Of Them Thieves
03. This Battle Chose Us
04. Zero Tolerance

Side D
- Etched -

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 am

I can't imagine a world without Anthrax poker card and dice!

Also, I do not believe that much thought was given to a single song title there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

Looks like I'll be getting just the regular version. Those other editions have nothing of interest for me.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Whatever happened to "Soror Irrumator"?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:07 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Whatever happened to "Soror Irrumator"?

That was recorded for the HBO 'Game of Thrones' soundtrack. Although it will probably show up on a re-issue or comp album sometime in the near future.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:20 am

Oh boy! A double CD containing a useless live album? Sign me up! Zzzzzzzzzzz.

...actually, that's likely going to be the cheapest version, so it's probably the one I'll end up getting....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh boy! A double CD containing a useless live album? Sign me up! Zzzzzzzzzzz.

...actually, that's likely going to be the cheapest version, so it's probably the one I'll end up getting....

Yea, the one with the bonus live ep looks like the standard release, so I'll probably be going with that one too. Live music and a short ep. 2 of my least favorite things!! Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:25 am

A live Anthrax album excites me about as much as anal leakage...but let's not completely diss live recordings in the process.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:28 am

S.D. wrote:
A live Anthrax album excites me about as much as anal leakage...but let's not completely diss live recordings in the process.

Eh, I've been pretty vocal about my disinterest in live albums (and too short ep's for that matter) for quite some time now. That's nothing new. I will admit that I have turned a corner though recently and starting giving certain ones more of a chance than I have in the past.

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances. Metal generally isn't one of them. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, the one with the bonus live ep looks like the standard release, so I'll probably be going with that one too. Live music and a short ep. 2 of my least favorite things!! Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes

Really ? Man, that's something I may listen to once and that's it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:37 am

S.D. wrote:
Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances.  Metal generally isn't one of them.  Laughing very hard

If you'e suggesting Jethro Tull or King Crimson, I'd rather listen to the sounds of 2 alley cats f*cking. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:39 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Really ? Man, that's something I may listen to once and that's it.

I said least favorite. LEAST!! Get with the program, man!! What a Face

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 am

I meant that the one with the bonus live cd is the one I will be going with too and I just wish there was a standard cd that's standalone. I would only listen to the live cd maybe once and that's it. I should have cropped out your second sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances.  Metal generally isn't one of them.  Laughing very hard

If you'e suggesting Jethro Tull or King Crimson, I'd rather listen to the sounds of 2 alley cats f*cking. Razz

I was thinking jazz actually. So, nice attempt but you broke your neck on the dismount.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I was thinking jazz actually.  So, nice attempt but you broke your neck on the dismount.  

HA!! Shows what you know!! Jazz is the live format I've branched out into, Mr. Smarty Pants. Which, of course, you're fully responsible for too.

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax single!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next