Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Anthrax done?

Go down 
+21
metalinmyveins
Svengo
Rex
mc666
powermacho
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
manny
Schbopo
MetalFRO
sheets
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Shiney
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Troublezone
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 am

Apparently the new singer Dan is already out of the band. It's not official but look at all the canceled shows out of the blue.

Is Anthrax done? 1ptrans ANTHRAX Cancels Oslo Show As Rumors Of Internal Strife Continue To Grow - July 21, 2009
Tomorrow night's (Wednesday, July 22) ANTHRAX headlining show in Oslo, Norway, has officially been cancelled. Concert promoter Ottar Stangeland has told the blog of "Pyro", a weekly rock and metal program which airs on Norway's national radio station NRK P3, that the gig, which was supposed to be held at Gamlebyen Skate Forening, a skate bowl in the old part of Oslo, was called off early this morning.

***UPDATE: BLABBERMOUTH.NET just spoke to ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, and the band will be making an official statement regarding this matter later today.***

The group, which recently played a number of European festivals and club dates, scrapped the first three gigs of its latest European tour — in Hultsfred, Sweden on July 18; in Copenhagen, Denmark on July 19; and Berlin, Germany on July 20 — after singer Dan Nelson "unexpectedly informed the band that he was seriously ill and unable to travel or perform at this time," according to a statement released by ANTHRAX on Friday.

ANTHRAX's new album, "Worship Music", will be released in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD, which was mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE), is the band's first studio effort in six years and marks the recording debut of Nelson.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:32 am

The never ending saga.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

I say just give Neil Turbin another go.
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 am

They weren't done already? Last album I liked was The Greater of Two Evils release, prior to that it was Sound Of White Noise.

You can keep the rest...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 am

detuned wrote:
They weren't done already? Last album I liked was The Greater of Two Evils release, prior to that it was Sound Of White Noise.

You can keep the rest...

Technically yes they were done already but now it looks like they are really "done". Unless they can get Bush or Neil Turbin to save the day.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:40 am

Maybe Scott and Charlie kissed and made up, or maybe Scott's daddy-in-law is the new singer
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am

thejokeriv wrote:
or maybe Scott's daddy-in-law is the new singer

"Bat Out of Hell IV : Bat In A Mosh"
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

I haven't given a toss about this band since "Persistence Of Time"...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 am

"Is Anthrax done?"

...we should be so lucky....

Seriously tho... it sounds like Dan Nelson is about to become the Martk St. John (or Damond Jiniya) of Anthrax...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 am

SpectreFate wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
or maybe Scott's daddy-in-law is the new singer

"Bat Out of Hell IV : Bat In A Mosh"

LMAO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:21 am

The guitarist Rob recomended this guy so it's probably embarassing for him. I wonder what the malfunction was with Dan?
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am

Maybe he actually got sick? "at this time" means "currently"...it's only one show.
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Maybe he actually got sick? "at this time" means "currently"...it's only one show.

It's actually 4 shows, there scooter. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You hear about musicians going out and playing even when they're sick all the time. This guy is either a wuss or he is just trying to get out of the band. When you start a new job you don't call in sick...
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Oh, I only read the first line about the headlining show. Either way, he could just be suddenly stricken ill. It happens.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 pm

I read about this the other day and read that Charlie and Scott got in an altercation prior to taking the stage.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 pm

uh oh..... Sad I just want everything to go back to the way it was.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm

That sure didn't take long. Who's next guys? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:26 pm

[quote]
ANTHRAX - Wednesday's Gig In Oslo Cancelled; Dan Nelson Out Of Band?

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 10:46:55 EST

Is Anthrax done? T118256

NRK P3's Pyro blog is reporting that ANTHRAX' scheduled date in Oslo, Norway tomorrow night (Wednesday, July 22nd) has been cancelled.

Promoters have told Pyro that the band's tour has been cancelled
due to "internal strife" within the band. It was also mentioned that
vocalist Dan Nelson is out of the band.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Last Friday, July 17th, Anthrax issued the following:

"The members of Anthrax regretfully announce that the first three
shows of their European tour scheduled to begin tomorrow, Saturday,
July 18th, are canceled.

Yesterday, lead singer
Dan Nelson unexpectedly informed the band that he was seriously ill and
unable to travel or perform at this time. Options for the balance of
Anthrax's European tour dates are being addressed posthaste.

The members of Anthrax are devastated by this unfortunate turn of
events and ask all of their fans to join them in wishing Dan the
speediest of recoveries."

Nuclear Blast Germany has confirmed an October 23rd release date for Anthrax' new album, Worship Music. The album will be available as a regular CD and limited edition digi.

Dave Fortman, a member of UGLY KID JOE, who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCEIs Anthrax done? 2 and SLIPKNOT, began mixing Worship Music recently in a New Orleans studio.

New confirmed Worship Music tracks include 'Vampires', 'Crawl',
'The Devil You Know', 'The Giant', 'Fight 'em 'Til You Can't', 'Earth
On Hell' and 'New Noise'.

The album was produced by guitarist Rob Caggiano and Anthrax.[/quote[

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 pm

I think its time they stopped. They've been a running joke for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:12 pm

It's easier to play sick when you are a guitar player than a singer.

Maybe he's just sick and needed to cancel a few shows to recover. Or maybe this is an excuse for him to bow out (or for them to dismiss him).

They have a new album on the way, seems a bit premature to fire him or for him to quit until they see what kind of reaction it gets.
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Well, the album hasn't been released yet, so it's not too late to pull an "Eternal Idol" and hire someone new to re-record all the vocal parts.
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:44 pm

They are a caricature of what they are were. I don't want Bush back in Anthrax I want new Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Quote :
ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"As announced last week, thrash legends ANTHRAX regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30.

"ANTHRAX is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush [ANTHRAX's singer from 1992 to 2005] joining them for a very special one-off performance.

"The members of ANTHRAX have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, ANTHRAX's slot on the U.S. SLIPKNOT dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. ANTHRAX is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and looks forward to hitting the road before the end of the year."

ANTHRAX's new album, "Worship Music", will be released in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD, which was mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE), is the band's first studio effort in six years.

ANTHRAX (with John Bush) performing in Chicago in February 2005:
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I don't want Bush back in Anthrax I want new Armored Saint.

Damn straight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is Anthrax done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Anthrax done?   Is Anthrax done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Anthrax done?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next