Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax single!

Go down 
+18
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Rami Airola
Doomdance
Troublezone
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 am

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 pm

I don't understand why they tacked on a live EP? If you are making a spot for and including a bonus disc why not give either a full set from a good show or make it at least 8 songs long and deep cuts fan favorites. This is a long established band so it's not as though they are trying to promote the band in a certain area and push a single (Helloween) or introduce the new band member (Dio, Metallica). Instead of 5 live tracks I already have I would have liked five more cover songs; but it's obviously not up to me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Okay this is probably going to divide people.

Personally I like it, I've heard it about four times now and it's a grower, it sure as hell ain't ATL but for me that's good as I think that Joey's voice doesn't suit that stuff nowadays (if it ever did)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:28 pm

It sounds like the last album to me, with a pointless one minute coda tacked on.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Anthrax has always had the worst of the worst when it comes to PR. As for "For all Kings"? Sounds like Persistence of Time to me. Which is still better than anything Bush-era related, imo.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It sounds like the last album to me, with a pointless one minute coda tacked on.  

Yup. Wut dis guy said.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:36 am

Not too bad. I agree with witchfinder it does sound like worship music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 3:17 am

not bad. but still too modern. I would have prefered an old school thrash assault.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:11 am

I think it's a pretty good tune. It does sound like Worship Music but I didn't mind that one at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:43 am

007 wrote:
I think  it's a pretty good tune. It does sound like Worship Music but I didn't mind that one at all.

Same here. I enjoy Worship Music very much, so if this new one follows down the same path, I've got no problem with that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:29 pm

I was flying back home this AM out of Syracuse (business trip) and had the 6 am flight. I was walking to drop my bad off at 415AM and Joey Belladona walked right by me. Later I saw him sitting at the gate next to mine (Delta commuter jet to Detroit, carry on bags.)

I want to go get a pic with him, but he looked like he had less sleep than I did. If it wasn't so early in the AM, I would have talked to him. No one wants to be bothered that early in the AM by some fan lol.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
I think  it's a pretty good tune. It does sound like Worship Music but I didn't mind that one at all.

Same here. I enjoy Worship Music very much, so if this new one follows down the same path, I've got no problem with that.

Agreed. I love Worship Music. I'll dust it off and give it a spin every few months and it always sounds great. Looking forward to the new one, even if I hate the cliche cover art. 

Of course, I've put a moratorium on purchasing CDs so I might need to persuade the wife for Easter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I was flying back home this AM out of Syracuse (business trip) and had the 6 am flight. I was walking to drop my bad off at 415AM and Joey Belladona walked right by me. Later I saw him sitting at the gate next to mine (Delta commuter jet to Detroit, carry on bags.)

I want to go get a pic with him, but he looked like he had less sleep than I did. If it wasn't so early in the AM, I would have talked to him. No one wants to be bothered that early in the AM by some fan lol.

cool
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:44 pm

I would have taken this pic if I were there.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Gilbert wrote:

You could tell he didnt want to talk to anyone, I'd rather be respectful than an ass. It was before 5 in the morning. Hell, I don't want to talk to anyone that early!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Props to you, sir, for respecting the man.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:24 pm

For what it's worth, I've met Joey and he's a super nice guy. He was very personable and talkative and seemed genuinely interested in whatever nonsense I was going on about. However, this was at about 5 pm and not 5 am, so giving him some privacy was probably the best idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You could tell he didnt want to talk to anyone, I'd rather be respectful than an ass. It was before 5 in the morning. Hell, I don't want to talk to anyone that early!

I totally agree. I am just used to waking up very early to go to work everyday.

so 5:00 is a normal time for me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Gilbert wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I'm up early, just not that early lol! For fun, looks like he was flying out for a gig in Pittsburgh tonight, I guess via Detroit.... pretty cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:40 am

You're lucky to be living among rock stars!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I'm up early, just not that early lol! For fun, looks like he was flying  out for a gig in Pittsburgh tonight, I guess via Detroit.... pretty cool lol!

A friend of mine went to that show. He stopped at a burger place on the way there and ended up sitting near Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God. He chose not to bother him at his meal.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:

We need to get those guys to start posting here, dammit! We make a pact, from this day on, whenever one of us meets a Rock star we talk up HoM and get our news straight from the source.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Sorry about the last post guys, my inner Metal nerd got control of the keyboard. It won't happen again. I promise.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I live quite close to Dumpy from Dumpy's Rusty Nuts. Does that count?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Got this album. LOVING IT! Alot of slower moments, but "Zero Tolerance" and "Suzerain" are shredding tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   New Anthrax single! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax single!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next