Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

Go down 
+48
Troublezone
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
metalken
A Handful of Wayne
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
Citanul
Red Kitty
Thelemech
Boris2008
Vexer6
ultmetal
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Runicen
Medieval Torture Device
exact33
nevermore
DallasBlack
Rex
Gilbert
journeyman
manny
thejokeriv
the sentinel
John Madden
Dark Horseman
Lari
brokentulsa
glassprison
choosemetal
Shawn Of Fire
bgsully
corplhicks
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
Infinite
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:12 pm

I have a feeling it will be available early. I got an email from my vendor already yesterday saying my copy is in the mail. I'm currently traveling and won't be back home until Friday, so it doesn't matter to me anyway. But it's nice to know it's waiting for me when I get back home.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Since I was placing a pre-order anyway, along with Maiden'd Book of Souls, I also pre-ordered Uncle Acid's Creeper, which is also due out this Friday.

This afternoon (Tuesday), I get an email that the Uncle Acid pre-order has shipped, but NOT the Maiden disc. I get my items shipped to work, so if the Maiden album doesn't arrive by Friday, I'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get it. Grrrr!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:22 pm

I got an email that my copy of the vinyl is being shipped already - really hoping for a Thursday delivery. I did also order the deluxe CD but haven't received the email from Amazon that it's on the way.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:38 pm

I will also take an open approach to it. Plus, I have all the other studio albums so I'd get it even if I knew it would be a disaster. I'll stop by Best Buy Friday to see if they have the deluxe edition.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Damn...seeing this pic and I want the vinyl!

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 3Q3uIdm_zps0vn9ffmp
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 pm

And why is it that all 3 of those pics look better than the one they went with for the cover? Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Damn...seeing this pic and I want the vinyl!  

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 3Q3uIdm_zps0vn9ffmp

I'll post more pics of it when it arrives \m/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:26 pm

The art work looks great! Initially I thought it was a Voodoo guy on the cover...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:56 pm

what is exactly in the deluxe version, anyone know?

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
what is exactly in the deluxe version, anyone know?

Hardbound book.

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 51LA8FqZCpL
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:03 pm

yea of what tho? A story? or just lyrics for the songs?

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:24 pm

No idea.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Almost looks like blank pages from that picture.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 am

Mine shipped. Should be here tomorrow. It's fun to be excited about a release. I'm thinking it might be time to get a turntable. That vinyl looks so cool.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 2:28 pm

007 wrote:

Yea it actually is cause thats just a photoshopped version of how it will look I guess. Just would like to know what the content is. If its something worth getting or not. Stupid things like that bother me a little cause if I get the book then I have to make room for it with my boxsets and can't put it with the other Maiden albums then it will look like I don't have it lol. I almost didn't want the last album in that limited edition tin because theres no spine on the side saying who or what the album is haha.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 2:42 pm

There are 3 listening parties at local bars around here. I LOVE "Speed of Light", but I will reserve my purchase until I hear from you guys [the album is $15 - me at the bar? $100 easy....].
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 3:08 pm

The album is released on september 4 right?

Obviously it will not be out here before next month.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
007 wrote:

Yea it actually is cause thats just a photoshopped version of how it will look I guess.

That's what I thought. The photo was just a mock-up of what it will look like, not the finished product. Maybe we'll get a book of doodles from Nicko. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 pm

As I'd hoped, the lil' indie record store I pass on my way home from work had their copies out early so I grabbed one tonight. Only got thru about half of disc 1 during the rest of my ride home, but so far, so good.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Gilbert wrote:
The album is released on september 4 right?

Obviously it will not be out here before next month.

Why? I thought Fridays were now the global release day?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Been listening to various leaks on YouTube--they're terrible quality and you have to speed them up--but I'm really, really impressed. The opener SMOKES.

I haven't purchased a CD in long-ass time but this may be an exception.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 5:44 am

I got my double CD earlier today (The good thing about New Zealand, is that it's Friday night at the moment Smile ).

Here's some thoughts I threw together on Amazon:

Iron Maiden have released their longest studio effort to date, ... in fact, it's so long that it's released as a 2 CD set! But don't let the length of this album put you off though, as this is an absolute masterpiece.
The first track, "If Eternity Should Fail" starts of a bit slow and spacey, but then after a few seconds, it suddenly roars into life, ... and you find yourself suddenly immersed into the Maiden sound of old. This track is a very catchy number, ..and you should find the tune will store itself in your memory bank, after a couple of good listens.
"Speed of Light", the second track, starts of with Bruce Dickinson's trademark wail of old. Bruce sounds like he's not aged a day since Piece of Mind. This track is a highly accessible number. Again, this is a very catchy number. At this point (my second listen through), I'm also getting blown away by the sheer quality of the production - it sounds so full, and is probably the best sounding of all their post-reunion albums.
The third track, "The Great Unknown" really showcases Bruce hitting the high notes. The guitar skills of all 3 guitarists are out of this world.
"Death or Glory" easily reminds me of something from Powerslave with Bruce displaying awesome pipes again, ... it's hard to believe he recently recovered from a major health scare. Nicko McBrain's drumming really comes to the fore on this one and "When the River Runs Deep". The latter track has solos that left my jaw on the floor! Steve Harris has really picked up the pace with his galloping chunky bass sound on these tracks - reminiscent of that NWOBHM sound of old.
The title track starts of with an acoustic guitar .. and once it gets going, it's top notch all round! Steve's hits it big time with his bass - check out his action 5 mins 50 seconds into this one. I could yabber on all day about this, but you really need to experience it for yourself. .

The 2nd disc ends with Maiden's longest track to date, the mammoth "Empire of The Clouds" which clocks in at over 18 minutes. It tells the true story of the final mission of the R101 British airship, which crashed in October 1930. Again, Bruce sounds like his younger days here. There's some piano playing on this track, but it really fits in quite well and adds atmosphere to the story telling. It takes you on a journey akin to "Rime of The Ancient Mariner".
For me, this is the most enjoyable Maiden album since the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (and I own their entire discography). The songs are more accessible and require less patience to warm to than much of the material on, say, Final Frontier. "Souls" reemphasizes a lot of the NWOBHM sounds of yore, ...and it sounds fresh, yet it still sounds exactly like Maiden. No Surprises there, ... and for me, that's a good thing.

If you lost interest in Maiden's recent efforts, this could be the release that reacquaints you with the band.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:31 am

I should be picking up mine on the way home from work this afternoon. The Best Buy I pass does not have the deluxe version but I'm ok with that.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 am

I'm listening to it on spotify right now and I'm loving it. The harmony riffs in "If Eternity Should Fail" are sweet.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 8:20 am

I just started it on Spotify also and so far the first song is better than anything off the last two albums in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls    Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next