Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls

Go down 
+16
Witchfinder
Lari
Wrecked Neck
MoonChild
Dark Horseman
glassprison
Gilbert
manny
MetalGuy71
nevermore
exact33
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
akeldama
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Nostradamus
Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Vote_lcap30%Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
The Book Of Souls
Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Vote_lcap70%Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Vote_rcap
 70% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Been jamming both 'Nostradamus' & 'The Book Of Souls' today and wondered what double album the HOM liked better. I liked both right away upon first listen but I have always really liked 'Nostradamus' a lot and it's held up me more than 'The Book Of Souls.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

I went with The Book Of Souls, but I have not really given Nostradamus a thorough listen since it came out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm

I haven't listened to Book Of Souls in a while, but I liked it better than Nostradamus, which did nothin' for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:33 pm

I know which ones gonna win this but for me Nostradamus by a mile.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Book of Souls for me. I thought Nostradamus was pretty generic.

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I know which ones gonna win this but for me Nostradamus by a mile.

Same here. Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls 604261
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 pm

I went with The Book Of Souls. I just think the material is better than Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Book of Souls by a country mile. I can listen to both albums in their entirety or one album at a time and enjoy it thoroughly.

I could take Nostradamus and make a halfway decent 5 song ep. Maybe.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:07 pm

I have to go with 'Book of Souls', I have owned 'Nostradamus' since it came out and still not sure what to make of it
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Nostradamus. Book Of Souls is good but it's more of the same old same old from Maiden. At least Priest was trying something different.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 pm

007 wrote:
Nostradamus. Book Of Souls is good but it's more of the same old same old from Maiden. At least Priest was trying something different.

Exactly but yet it didn't lose the earmarks of a JP release.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Both are awesome. But i chose nostradamus, because priest were doing something really different from their previous works, and the outcome was excellent.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 12:29 am

Easily Book of Souls for me. I don't like Nostradamus at all.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:09 am

Book of Souls has enough to keep me interested. Nostradamus was dull.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:18 am

Book of Souls for me....... It is not a great album, but a better listen of these two.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:37 am

Judas Priest all day every day.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am

I like both. Can't decide right away. Maybe I'll play them this coming week.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:15 am

Nostradamus was a disaster for Priest and The Book Of Souls was mediocre. I'll take Maiden even though Priest is my favorite band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:47 am

glassprison wrote:
Easily Book of Souls for me. I don't like Nostradamus at all.

I thought so when i first heard it. Then i had a sudden change of mind after a few listens.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am

The interludes are what hold Nostradamus back. The proper songs,however, are really good.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 pm

007 wrote:
The interludes are what hold Nostradamus back. The proper songs,however, are really good.
That's how I feel too, but I've even grown to like some of the less inspiring songs on the album. Reason I voted for it over the maiden album is, the songs that are good, blow away anything on book of souls. And there are enough good songs on nostradamus to outweighed the bad imo.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Book of souls
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 6:24 pm

I voted Nostradamus.

Why? Because I'm not a Maiden fan at all. I know, "sacrilege!". Bruce's high pitched wailing really grates on my ears while Halford's similar vocals don't. I actually only own 1 Iron Maiden album and it's a Best Of while I own many Priest albums.

So because I fully expect Maiden to run away with this poll I voted for Nostradamus. Normally I would have abstained but the anti-Maiden rebel in me couldn't resist. Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls 19976

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:38 pm

I have to agree those voted for Judas Priest for them trying something different this far into their career, but while I give an A for effort, a C for execution. I liked the Iron Maiden album ( even thou I still not own it) mainly because I like every Iron Maiden, this one less than others.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 am

I am a Judas Priest superfan but I gotta say I just can't get into Nostradamus at all...I like some of the songs on it but not all of them ..so I went with book of souls ..I generally like the whole album...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls   Nostradamus vs The Book Of Souls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next