Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+18
metaldude
Boris2008
Thelemech
thejokeriv
exact33
MetalGuy71
James B.
Required Fields
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
chewie
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Schlock-tober continues with...

"Asylum" (1972)

A job-seeking doctor arrives at a creepy old mental hospital and meets its four most interesting patients, who tell him their stories of how they got there. These tales involve a corpse in a freezer, a murderous imaginary friend, a tailor who makes an unusual suit, and a doctor who creates living dolls.
A creepy-cool British horror anthology from Amicus Studio, who also brought us the similarly styled "Vault of Horror" and "Tales From the Crypt." All four of the stories were written by Robert "Psycho" Bloch. Retro fun!

I absolutely loved that movie as a kid! (probably explains me now  Razz)

I watched American Horror Story SE5 E1 Had just about given up on this show but I loved it! Lady Gaga's entrance to the show was amazingly cool!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Varan The Unbelievable (1962) an Americanized version of a Toho made film. Much like Godzilla, this one has added footage with American actors supposedly interacting with the Japanese film. This is the first time I've ever seen this movie though I've known of it for years. I'd love to see the original Japanese version.

Goliath And The Dragon (1960) - Mark Forest as the title character up against a giant bat, three-headed dogs and the titular dragon to save his wife and people from an evil ruler. Typical sword and sandal film which could have been ultra cool if done by Harryhausen.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Gotham - first two episodes from this season on In Demand.  I love this show.  It's sooooo dark.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:13 am

I Spit On Your Grave 2010 - A-. Seriously. I've seen the original, which is really just a big slab of bore, but this is BRUTAL. It's actually a well-made, competently directed, and very well-acted low budget gem. The rape sequence, believe it or not, is less disturbing than the off-the-wall revenge portions, which do not hold back on gore and viscera. This one kind of left me with a knot in my stomach. Which receives my applause.

2001: A Space Odyssey - A++. Introduced this to my 6-year-old. He was fascinated with it until the intermission, which is impressive. He wants a model of the Discovery for Christmas. Proud dad here.

Boris2008 wrote:

I watched American Horror Story SE5 E1 Had just about given up on this show but I loved it! Lady Gaga's entrance to the show was amazingly cool!  Very Happy

Yes, saw the latest episode tonight, still going strong. You're in for a treat.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 11:38 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Spawn Of The Slithis (1978) - rather boring movie with a cool looking monster, created by semi intelligent radioactive mud (shades of X The Unknown!)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 8:23 pm

The Simpsons - Treehouse Of Horror

"Homerzilla"  Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 pm

The Walking Dead - Wow....what a powerful episode.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 am

"Rewind This!" (2013)

Cool documentary about the history of the VHS video format -- how it changed not only the way we watched movies, but its effect on the entire movie business and the retail industry. It also profiles a couple of diehard VHS collectors who refuse to let go of the format. Quirky, entertaining stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 8:20 pm

007 wrote:

Yes, yes it was
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 am

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Yes, yes it was

Agreed. That episode DESTROYED me. And not just because of (spoiler). There was simply little to no hope during the entire running time.

But there is a glimmer of hope here, though. Read at your own risk:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 am

corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:

Yes, yes it was

Spoiler:

I said that to my wife the instant we saw it. She told me to let it go Smile

Still , even that ending with Rick basically trapped in the RV was compelling enough. This season has probably been the best of them, so far.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:22 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 600full-tiger-claws-ii-artwork

WTF?!

I remember seeing the first Tiger Claws years ago. It was a martial arts B-movie (C-movie, maybe) which played things rather straight. Bolo Yeung played the villain, a martial arts trained serial killer who uses a style of martial arts called Tiger Claws.

In the sequel, which came out a few years after the original...Bolo Yeung returns...and this time...he is actually one of the good guys! Not only that, but Jalal Merhi's character, who plays the cop who brought him to justice in the original, actually calls him a "very honorable man" around the halfway point! Laughing Did Jalal Merhi forget that Bolo Yeung murdered his partner in the original? Either that, or he's the most forgiving man who ever lived. Laughing

Whereas the original was a "martial arts trained cops track down martial arts crazed serial killer" movie, this one goes for more of a Bloodsport-style tournament plot, at least towards the middle. Not only that, but we get elements of time travel around two thirds into the movie or so. WTF?!

There is a third Tiger Claws movie that came out a few years later, which I've never seen. Bolo Yeung did not return for it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 am

Disciples of the Crow
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm

I began watching Netflix's Narcos, and the first episode has me hooked. I'll have to see if it can keep me roped in.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Halloween 4 - C+. Okay, not a popular opinion, but I enjoyed this one by an inch. Some decent suspense was generated, little dependency on gore, a couple of decent shocks, and a bit more story. Also the girl who played Myers' niece was intense. And that final scene was a fun surprise. I will say that Donald is terribly misused from this point on.

Leatherface (TCM III) - D-. Even more boring than the first time I saw it, even with the great Ken Foree.

TCM: The Next Generation - B+. Still the king of the sequels and the closest in tone to the original. This is my second time seeing it and I'm still floored by Matthew McConaughey's OTT menace. Easily his best performance even when taking into account the lack of restraint and wild histrionics. Too bad we never saw him like this again. Only thing that keeps this from getting an A is the unexplained, left-field appearance of the businessman. What the hell was that about?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 11:49 am

Starz had their Evil Dead marathon last night so I watched:

Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 12:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Ash vs. Evil Dead

How was AvED? Looking forward to catching it tonight.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 12:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Ash vs. Evil Dead

I thought it was funny with the appropriate amount of slapstick gore. The first episode was written and directed by Sam Raimi so the tone is exactly the same as the movies.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Evil Dead 2
Army Of Darkness
Ash vs. Evil Dead

I thought it was funny with the appropriate amount of slapstick gore.  The first episode was written and directed by Sam Raimi so the tone is exactly the same as the movies.

I didn't know Raimi directed the pilot; I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Halloween 5 - F. So this is the shittiest of the bunch so far. It took me three times to finish this crap due to it being so dull and stupid. The blonde chick from 4 suddenly morphing into a bubble-gum barbie--Loomis completely cruel and out of his mind--unnecessary camera acrobatics and wide-angle close-ups--"Last House on the Left" style of bumbling cops complete with whimsy circus soundtrack--what the F*ck? And it's all a big rehash of the previous film. The most time I've wasted on a Halloween movie this year.

Watching a bunch of Treehouse of Terror episodes right now. Much more entertaining (and intelligent).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 6:28 pm

The Equalizer - cool flick with Denzel Washington taking the lead.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 6:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Halloween 5 - F. So this is the shittiest of the bunch so far. It took me three times to finish this crap due to it being so dull and stupid. The blonde chick from 4 suddenly morphing into a bubble-gum barbie--Loomis completely cruel and out of his mind--unnecessary camera acrobatics and wide-angle close-ups--"Last House on the Left" style of bumbling cops complete with whimsy circus soundtrack--what the F*ck? And it's all a big rehash of the previous film. The most time I've wasted on a Halloween movie this year.

Watching a bunch of Treehouse of Terror episodes right now. Much more entertaining (and intelligent).

"The Shinning"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 pm

A Halloween night double header; two different movies with similar titles....

"Trick or Treat" (1986)

Imagine Freddy Krueger as a member of Motley Crue and you have this movie. A dorky high school headbanger (Marc "Skippy from Family Ties" Price) learns that he can communicate with his favorite dead rock star by playing his record backwards, which leads to an accidental resurrection and major chaos at the Halloween dance in this delightfully cheesy '80s cult classic. Features cameos by Ozzy and Gene Simmons and a soundtrack by Fastway. A Halloween season perennial 'round my house.

"Trick 'r Treat" (2007)

A variety of interlocking tales of terror all center around a small town's Halloween celebration - including a psycho principal, a pack of female werewolves on the prowl, and a school bus driver whose terrible past comes back to haunt him. Features a great cast, loads of atmosphere and a delightfully sick sense of humor. This is the best horror anthology film since the original "Creepshow," hands down.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Trick or Treat" (1986)

Imagine Freddy Krueger as a member of Motley Crue and you have this movie. A dorky high school headbanger (Marc "Skippy from Family Ties" Price) learns that he can communicate with his favorite dead rock star by playing his record backwards, which leads to an accidental resurrection and major chaos at the Halloween dance in this delightfully cheesy '80s cult classic. Features cameos by Ozzy and Gene Simmons and a soundtrack by Fastway. A Halloween season perennial 'round my house.

I love this flick. The soundtrack is fantastic. I actually saw it in the theater. Twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 27 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next