Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+18
metaldude
Boris2008
Thelemech
thejokeriv
exact33
MetalGuy71
James B.
Required Fields
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
chewie
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Bubba Ho-Tep is a hoot, definitely worth watching once.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:18 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:06 am

"House of Whipcord" (1974)

This British exploitation flick is a strange, ultra sleazy combo of the Gothic horror and women-in-prison genres. A free spirited French gal living in swingin' London is kidnapped and deposited in a remote, privately owned women's prison run by an insane fundamentalist female warden (who is quite obviously inspired by Mary Whitehouse, the UK's infamous moral crusader and censor of the era). Features lotsa whippings, torture, a couple of murders, hints of incest (!) and a fair share of T&A, which kept me interested for a while, but eventually things got dragged out just a bit too long. Fans of vintage trash will probably get a kick out of it anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:50 am

S.D. wrote:
Bubba Ho-Tep is a hoot, definitely worth watching once.  

Agree - pretty funny stuff
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:51 am

"K-9" (1989)

Enjoyable - if a bit generic - action comedy with Jim Belushi as a lone-wolf narcotics cop (is there ever any other kind in movies?) who gets saddled with a new partner - a stubborn German shepherd police dog named "Jerry Lee" - in order to bring down a drug cartel. The dog is the best actor in the whole movie.

"Savage Island" (1985)

Tedious chicks-in-chains flick about a gang infiltrating your typical hellish third-world women's prison camp to steal a fortune in diamonds... or emeralds... or something. Rumor has it that this movie was actually stitched together out of leftover footage from two other prison-girl flicks, which might explain why Savage Island is seemingly plotless and simply stumbles from one poorly-shot action scene to the next. The prison girls aren't even much to look at. The best of the lot is Linda "The Exorcist" Blair, who gets top billing but she's only in it for about two minutes, tops. Ignore, delete, destroy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Mad Max Fury Road definitely gets an A but tbh it's not something I would ever return to. Highly impressive with eye popping color (loved the old fashioned technique of overexposing day shots for night scenes) and practical stunts trumping cgi--I mean, this really is the best 'F*ck you' to Michael Bay--but frentic action movies have never been my cup of tea. Still, being that Miller is 70, he deserves all the accolades being thrown his direction.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:57 pm

"Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade" (2007)

This documentary looks back on the glory days of video game arcades and catches up with a select group of high scoring kids who dreamed of becoming "professional" gamers - before the Great Video Game Crash of '83 wiped everything out and they had to face the "real" world.  Some have faced it better than others.
This flick works as a companion piece to The King of Kong, since it features a lot of the same people: kids who were famous for fifteen minutes in the '80s but have grown up into some seriously sad-sack mofo's who have obviously never kissed a woman.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be thankful that none of these guys live next door to you.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Ever see Game Over? It also details the fall of the Atari. Pretty interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Ever see Game Over? It also details the fall of the Atari. Pretty interesting stuff.

Yup, that was a fun watch as well.

There was a story in the news about the infamous Atari E.T. Cartridge Dump just a few weeks ago. The city of Alamagordo, N. Mexico (where the Atari dumping and subsequent excavation occurred) recently auctioned off the bulk of the material that was recovered from the dig, to the tune of $107,000:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/31/buried-atari-cartridges-ET-ebay-sale/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:03 pm

There is a lot more CG in Fury Road that most people realize.  Almost all the backgrounds were created digitally (mountains, everything, they basically just filmed out in the middle of a desert with nothing around, so any cliffs, rocks, trees, whatever was added after the fact).  

The stunts too, because there are LOTS of composites being used...yes, a sequence is full of real stunts, but it's often 7 or 8 different stunts layered together in post production to make it appear like it's all happening at the same time.

I would be willing to bet the CG shot-count for Fury Road isn't that far removed from any other blockbuster in the multiplex right now.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Today I watched a bunch of Adventure Time (man this show is intensely thought-provoking for being targeted at children, it's very psychedelic believe it or not). Also watched some Comedy Bang! Bang!, Maron, and the other day I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonrise Kingdom, both of which were immensely entertaining. Very quirky stuff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Savage Island" (1985)

Tedious chicks-in-chains flick about a gang infiltrating your typical hellish third-world women's prison camp to steal a fortune in diamonds... or emeralds... or something. Rumor has it that this movie was actually stitched together out of leftover footage from two other prison-girl flicks, which might explain why Savage Island is seemingly plotless and simply stumbles from one poorly-shot action scene to the next. The prison girls aren't even much to look at. The best of the lot is Linda "The Exorcist" Blair, who gets top billing but she's only in it for about two minutes, tops. Ignore, delete, destroy.

It was indeed stitched from leftover footage from two other movies.

Some versions gave secondary billing to Penn & Teller, even though only one of them (Teller, if I recall correctly) appeared in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Today I watched a bunch of Adventure Time (man this show is intensely thought-provoking for being targeted at children, it's very psychedelic believe it or not). Also watched some Comedy Bang! Bang!, Maron, and the other day I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonrise Kingdom, both of which were immensely entertaining. Very quirky stuff.

You should have been a kid in the '70's, most of the kids shows were very psychedelic due to everyone involved being off their tits all the time! 

Magic Roundabout was insane!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Some versions gave secondary billing to Penn & Teller, even though only one of them (Teller, if I recall correctly) appeared in it.

It's Penn actually (when his name showed up in the opening credits, I sez "what the hell is he doing in this?" Haha)... he plays a building security guard who gets shot & killed by Linda Blair about two minutes into the movie. Haha!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:52 pm

The Worriker Trilogy (BBC) - Episode 2: Turks & Caicos

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 71fqcE4WPvL._SX342_

I loved the first episode of this spy series (Page Eight also starring Bill Nighy, with Rachel Weisz) but didn't know it was part of a series because in the US it was released as "Page Eight" and I thought it was a standalone film. Amazon Prime has the entire series for streaming so I'm a happy camper.

Hell of a cast too...Bill Nighy, Christopher Walken, Winona Ryder and Helena Bonham Carter plus a fine cast of character actors including James Naughton, Dylan Baker, Rupert Graves, Zack Grenier and Malik Yoba. Typically excellent BBC production.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

You should have been a kid in the '70's, most of the kids shows were very psychedelic due to everyone involved being off their tits all the time! 

Magic Roundabout was insane!

Oh for sure, I'd loved to have been a kid back then. You can totally tell the creators of Adventure Time enjoy being "off their tits" a whole hell of lot too. Consciousness-expanding drugs are fairly obviously a huge influence on the show's style and themes.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:01 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 am

Fear The Walking Dead Episode 3
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Johnny Cash : American Rebel documentary.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
There is a lot more CG in Fury Road that most people realize.  Almost all the backgrounds were created digitally (mountains, everything, they basically just filmed out in the middle of a desert with nothing around, so any cliffs, rocks, trees, whatever was added after the fact).  

The stunts too, because there are LOTS of composites being used...yes, a sequence is full of real stunts, but it's often 7 or 8 different stunts layered together in post production to make it appear like it's all happening at the same time.

I would be willing to bet the CG shot-count for Fury Road isn't that far removed from any other blockbuster in the multiplex right now.  

I had a feeling. George Miller was quoted as saying the movie is 90% practical effects and 10% CG and the first thing that came to my mind after seeing the movie was "clever marketing."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:44 am

Worricker:  Salting The Battlefield (Masterpiece Theater)

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 71WA-ayRgpL._SX342_

An excellent conclusion to this series of television films.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:14 pm

I finally got around to watching Valkyrie the other night.

It's pretty decent, considering I know how things played out in the end (SPOILER: Hitler survived, but we still won!! USA! USA!!). The only thing that bothered me was the casting of Tom Cruise and other British actors to portray high-ranking Nazis. They didn't even try German accents. Granted, that could've been way worse, but it still kinda takes you out of the movie when Tom Cruise is being, well, Tom Cruise.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 pm

The only way to make a film like that authentic is to cast actual Germans speaking German and then use subtitles. But 'Muricans are generally too lazy to read subtitles and get confused by accents...so instead you get...Tom Cruise.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
The only way to make a film like that authentic is to cast actual Germans speaking German and then use subtitles.  But 'Muricans are generally too lazy to read subtitles and get confused by accents...so instead you get...Tom Cruise.  

Yea, I get that noone would watch it sub-titled and all. But it was weird to see all text in the movie written and typed in German when everyone spoke perfect English. You're telling me Kenneth Branagh couldn't have put on a little accent? Even Hitler spoke the Queen's English. Razz

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:47 pm

I think a fake German accent makes it even more laughable than just having the actors speak in their normal deliveries. Having them speak normally is a simple suspension of disbelief...but if they botch the accent? Then it's a comedic footnote in film history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next