Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrel Dane

Go down 
+18
ghostintheruins
MetalRob331
nevermore
Lurideath
DallasBlack
KissinMaiden
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
juanmiguel
Rex
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Smindas
Temple of Blood
INVADERS
mc666
Troublezone
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Warrel Dane - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:56 am

Sanctuary have far better vocals!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:03 am

firestar wrote:
Since we are talking about Warrel Dane, I was curious if anyone has heard his pre-sanctuary stuff with Serpent's Knight? As far as I know all they did was a demo and a full length independent release. If anyone has it I would love a cdr or mp3s Smile as I am assuming it is next to impossible to find.

I have the mp3's.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:21 am

kmorg wrote:
firestar wrote:
Since we are talking about Warrel Dane, I was curious if anyone has heard his pre-sanctuary stuff with Serpent's Knight? As far as I know all they did was a demo and a full length independent release. If anyone has it I would love a cdr or mp3s Smile as I am assuming it is next to impossible to find.

I have the mp3's.

What does it sound like? Sanctuary?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:26 am

Lurideath wrote:
Sanctuary have far better vocals!

I can't see how they can be far better when it's coming from the same source. You would think people would want more variety. surprised
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:53 am

troublezone wrote:
kmorg wrote:
firestar wrote:

I have the mp3's.

What does it sound like? Sanctuary?

They are closer to Sanctuary then Nevermore. Pretty subpar power metal from the 80's. The recordings are really raw though, and the lyrycs really childish.

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:23 am

Hmm I am interested to hear Serpent's Knight anyway, do the vocals show promise of what was to come?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:31 am

Give me your email address, and I'll send it to you

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Pm'd it to you kmorg! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:42 pm

I like Warrell's vocal style in both Sanctuary and Nevermore. I'd like to see a really really good mix of both styles on the next Nevermore disc.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:06 am

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FB5F5C7C712F64CD

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks for the upload Kmorg. Interesting stuff, a bit amateur but an insightful look into the origins of Warrel Dane and Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Thought I'd ressurect this thread to talk about the upvcoming solo album from Warrel. you can check out a brand new track, called "Messenger", on his MySpace page. And it is awesome, imho!

http://www.myspace.com/warreldane

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 pm

loved the track and Jeff Loomis solo is amazing..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Sounds promising, but I hope the cd is a little more diverse sounding. That track could easily have been a Nevermore track (not that there's anything wrong with that!). If he's doing a solo album, I want it to be at least a little different than the normal band stuff. I'll be getting this no matter what, but I'm just sayin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm

I think it's hard when a singer is so distinct sounding to not sound like the band he fronts. Unless they totally change styles and I don't see Warrel going country.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:01 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I think it's hard when a singer is so distinct sounding to not sound like the band he fronts. Unless they totally change styles and I don't see Warrel going country.

Oh God, please not that!! I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if it sounds like Nevermore, why does it need to be a solo album? And it's only one track that I've heard, so who's to say what the rest of the cd's gonna be like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't think this sounds like Nevermore at all. And Dane doesn't much sound like his normal self, either. His vocal style is a little different for most of the song, and the music is very different. It kind of reminds me of Anders Friden's (In Flames) Passenger side-project, for some reason. Or maybe even some of the mellower songs on the past few In Flames or Soilwork albums.

Definitely not a Nevermore-sounding song to these ears. Decent song, though. But I'm not blown away.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't know, I thought it had a Nevermore tinge. Didn't sound liek one of their songs, but it had that... edge to it. It's a cool song, but I'm hoping for something a bit more impressive.

Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:10 am

It doesn't really sound like Nevermore to me. Should be a great album. Released the end of April isn't it? Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds promising, but I hope the cd is a little more diverse sounding. That track could easily have been a Nevermore track (not that there's anything wrong with that!). If he's doing a solo album, I want it to be at least a little different than the normal band stuff. I'll be getting this no matter what, but I'm just sayin'.

Dane always said why would i do solo cd if it sounded like the band i am in. I think he hit that comment right on this doesnt sound at all like Nevermore and even his vocal approach is different as well.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 pm

Anyone heard his new cd's song? On his myspace?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Dude, read before you post. Your mother would be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

I don't bother, it just goes to show how lazy I can be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
I don't bother, it just goes to show how lazy I can be.
You might find the answers to your question, you know.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 pm

nevermore

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane   Warrel Dane - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next