Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released

Go down 
+8
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Empty
PostSubject: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Warrel Dane's (of Sanctuary and Nevermore, duh) first band, Serpent's Knight, will see their work officially released in a fancy-schmancy 2-cd set. Warrel only apprears on disc 1 however. Another vocalist is featured on the 2nd disc.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135104

Could be interesting or it could be horribly dated, poorly recorded garage-band stuff. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm

If this sounds anything like Sanctuary's first release,it will be good. I hope that's the case because that thing rocks!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Sanctuary are simply outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:42 pm

\m/ \m/
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Yup, it's out as of today. Get your's @ www.shadowkingdomrecords.com. Unfortunately one of the guitar players didn't want the material to be remastered, and insisted on using that horrible cover...

When you're at it, also get the Argus, Sinister Realm, Genocide Nippon and Altar of Oblivion discs over at Shadow Kingdom. METAL! Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 pm

007 wrote:
If this sounds anything like Sanctuary's first release,it will be good. I hope that's the case because that thing rocks!

I agree 100%!!!

I'm STOKED to hear this!!!

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 911681
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:53 pm

One of the posts under this news item @ Blabbermouth claims that Warrel Dane is "super pissed" about this being released.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
One of the posts under this news item @ Blabbermouth claims that Warrel Dane is "super pissed" about this being released.

I wonder why? Is he somehow ashamed of it?

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 685534
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I wonder why? Is he somehow ashamed of it?

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 685534

Possibly. I suppose for Warrel, it could be kinda like looking at a high school yearbook photo. "Man! I was dorky as hell!"

Or maybe he's not getting a cut of the sales.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Regardless, I'm still stoked for this one.

I have been hoping for quite some time that this would eventually be released.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

This has been floating around out there for years. I wonder if the sound quality is better.

And man, that artwork is so f*cking lame! Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Quote :
Possibly. I suppose for Warrel, it could be kinda like looking at a high school yearbook photo. "Man! I was dorky as hell!"

I could see that. Just because it can be released doesn't always mean it should.

As far as money goes, I doubt anyone's getting rich off of this release. This sounds like something for real die-hard fans. How many are they gonna sell realistically?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm a Warrel fanboy, and I heard one of the "floating copies" a few years ago......and I just didn't care for it. I don't remember why at the moment, but I just remember being less than excited about it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This has been floating around out there for years. I wonder if the sound quality is better.
i was wondering that myself. i have this on a cassette i got from a trade years ago. the sound quality is very bad.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Quote :
How many are they gonna sell realistically?

A couple thou I would guess.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Here is what I have.

http://rapidshare.com/files/351203542/Serpent_s_Knight.zip

I downloaded it years ago, and it's called Released From the Crypt. Whether that title is correct is beyond me. Sounds like the name of a bootleg.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :
How many are they gonna sell realistically?

A couple thou I would guess.

I doubt they're gonna sell that much. Sure, it's got Warrel Dane on it, but Shadow Kingdom isn't exactly Metal Blade when it comes to distribution. Oh well, I'll get a copy of this sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:52 am

Eyesore wrote:

And man, that artwork is so f*cking lame! Haha.

The article says that the guitarist did the re-mastering. Who knows what kinda studio magic can be performed on 25 year old tapes? Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 436688 And yea, my 12 year old neice coulda created a better cover in MS Paint. Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_wink

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

You listen to what I uploaded? It's going to be those songs...louder.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 am

Eyesore wrote:

I didn't hear them. I'm getting that "server is overloaded right now" message. I'll try again later.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
And yea, my 12 year old neice coulda created a better cover in MS Paint. Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_wink

Pozer! That cover is the epitome of KULT! Quality artwork is not tr00 mettle!!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I didn't hear them. I'm getting that "server is overloaded right now" message. I'll try again later.
Yeah, I got sick of that so I paid for a premium account. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Here is what I have.

http://rapidshare.com/files/351203542/Serpent_s_Knight.zip

I downloaded it years ago, and it's called Released From the Crypt. Whether that title is correct is beyond me. Sounds like the name of a bootleg.

That's it. Their one and only album that ever got released back in the early 80s.

This new reissue will be that PLUS another album that was never released (with a different vocalist than Dane).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 am

Based on what I've heard, I might be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 am

Leatherface wrote:
Based on what I've heard, I might be picking this one up.

I will for sure.

Even if only for the collection's sake.

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released 25679
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released   Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrel Dane's Serpent's Knight to be released
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next