Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept vs. Riot

Go down 
+21
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
James B.
Red Kitty
Witchfinder
Nomadic Drifter
thejokeriv
brokentulsa
assault_attack
BearOnUnicycle
nevermore
stpatrik
Boris2008
manny
Thelemech
choosemetal
80s Metal Lady
MoonChild
corplhicks
Gilbert
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which gets your vote?
Accept
Accept vs. Riot Vote_lcap67%Accept vs. Riot Vote_rcap
 67% [ 24 ]
Riot
Accept vs. Riot Vote_lcap33%Accept vs. Riot Vote_rcap
 33% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:09 am

Two of the best and most popular bands.

this is a tough one. Which wins?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:12 am

That's impossible. I can't even try to vote. Tie.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:58 am

You should have included a BOTH option as well.

With a great difficulty and a torn mind I am voting Accept.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:07 am

Accept!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:08 am

MoonChild wrote:

hehe. Sometimes we have to take tough decisions in life!
Back to top Go down

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:38 am

Riot, because every new style was well-done. Accept didn't do too well in the mid-1990s. Even the Mark Tornillo-sung albums are pretty average for me, save for some very good songs.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:02 am

Accept
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:29 am

Accept - one of my favs!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 am

I like both, but this was easy for me, Accept
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:26 am

I like both so it came down to the fact that Fast as a Shark is one of my all time favorite songs., so Accept. Haven't listened to anything past Russian Roulette though.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:21 am

Two fantastic bands that really don't have a lot stylewise in common even though they're both in and around the Traditional Metal field.

But, you know what, I'll go with Riot. They had 8 great albums in a row (´77 - ´94) plus 2 really strong releases in recent years.

Accept had a fantastic five year run (´81 - ´86) with 5 strong releases including a few classics.

Then there's the remaing discography of the two. Here Riot wins too, even though the DiMaio era has a few sorta "meh" releases for me, they are still better than Accept's mid-90's and the groups debut. Of the Tornillo releases, only Nations are a as strong of the two latest Riot (including the Riot V).

Accept are a stronger live act though but still Riot's overall, more even discography weighs in for me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:04 am

I love both bands but Accept gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 am

Nothing tops '81-'92 Accept for me. My first band.
Balls To The Wall should be THE definition of heavy metal alongside Priest's Defenders.
Thundersteel and Privelege are both scorchers though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Riot, because every new style was well-done. Accept didn't do too well in the mid-1990s. Even the Mark Tornillo-sung albums are pretty average for me, save for some very good songs.

You know, I gotta say, the man has a point. I did enjoy some of the later underrated work after Balls (save for the unlistenable Eat the Heat) but it wasn't near as strong as Riot's consistent output.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:20 pm

I think I have everything released by Riot so............. I think that says it all for me.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Quote :
That's impossible. I can't even try to vote. Tie.

THIS...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Accept
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Apples and oranges. If I had to choose I would pick Riot because Fire Down Under will always be one of my favourite albums. On the other hand, Restless and Wild will always be one of my favourite songs...
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

hehe. Sometimes we have to take tough decisions in life!

affraid Accept vs. Riot 754598
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Riot had an incredible run with Guy Speranza and Rhett Forester. Fire Down Under is one of my all time favorite albums and "Outlaw" is one of the best songs in history. Their early material is criminally underrated and needs much more attention than it gets. That being said, I don't like anything that came after that. I find the praise heaped on Thundersteel puzzling (which is odd because I love USPM) and everything that followed does nothing for me. I don't even consider Riot V to be Riot, but I listened to the new album and I wasn't impressed.

Accept is also one of my absolute favorite bands and they were hugely influential. Their 80s material is amazing and I listen to it all the time. Their 90s material was okay, but nothing special. The Tornillo albums were mostly excellent.

I therefore will pick Accept, but I love both bands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Accept!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Both bands have similar timeframes of flying into my radar (late 1979) I prefer original Riot.
"Thundersteel" and after was typical of the times with many other bands doing the same thing. So everyone, myself included has their favorite band from that era and style. Accept had UDO, which was quite the distinctive attribute. I lost interest in both bands by 1985 and only Accept has released anything as of late that is enjoyable (IMHDO)

So overall, Accept gets the vote. Both have a lot of material that is something I don't care for much.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Love 'em both. Voted Accept. I was into them before Riot and songs like Fast as a Shark, Restless and Wild, Son of a Bitch, etc. were part of my youth.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:55 am

Accept by default. I have more of their albums. Riot's no slouch either, but I only own 2 or 3 albums.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39467

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Riot for me. I think their varied styles have all been consistently good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accept vs. Riot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept vs. Riot   Accept vs. Riot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept vs. Riot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next