Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riot Anyone????

Go down 
+6
krokus
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Required Fields
brontotex
mr.electric39
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:46 pm

I loved these guys big time... Fire Down Under, Restless Breed and Born In America..... Great American Metal with melodic quality.... unfortunatley fell into the Y&T, Armored Saint, Saxon, black hole of crappy label support.....

Does anyone know how to obtain the 6 song live disc (only seen on vinyl and cassette) 'Riot Live' with Rhett Forrester.... track list is 'Hard Lovin Man', 'Restless Breed', 'Loanshark' (destroys live), 'Swords and Tequilla', "Showdown" and "Loved By You"..... was this ever released on cd....?

the cover is the same as the what is now out as 'riot Live' with Guy Speranza.... That six song ep is Fantastic... !!

I saw 'em on 'thundersteel' and it just wasn't the same at all... different vibe... LONG LIVE RIOT.... just listen to 'Heavy metal Machine' on 'born in america'....man... !

how 'bout some video for Born in America a little cheezy but who cares !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVTHM8zbtZk

I'd found video for "restless breed' live and 'outlaw' unfortunatley removed ..... ^&%$!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Big time RIOT fan here. Bought Narita on 8 track when it came out. I have all 17 albums and 5 or 6 bootlegs.
They are still going strong. You should check out their new album "Army Of One".
I also have a copy of Fire Down Under on vinyl, autographed by that entire lineup and a 12" single of Road Racin' autographed by Rhett Forrester and Sandy Slavin.

By the way, I have that live EP on cd. A friend transfered it from vinyl for me. It is also available as bonus tracks on one of the reissues of Restless Breed.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:49 pm

brontotex wrote:

By the way, I have that live EP on cd. A friend transfered it from vinyl for me. It is also available as bonus tracks on one of the reissues of Restless Breed.

I had heard that, but on the issues I keep finding(metal blade) it's not listed.... Those guys were so good.....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:12 am

Riot fan here! I still need to get "Army Of One". I've heard it and it's excellent melodic heavy metal.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:55 am

The only Riot disc I have is THUNDERSTEEL, which is a great album... for whatever reason, I never got around to investigating much else from them... sounds like maybe I should?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:03 am

Fat Freddy, if you like THUNDERSTEEL so much maybe you should try the follow up THE PRIVILEGE OF POWER, a little more experimental but with some killer songs like on THUNDERSTEEL.
I love all RIOT albums, from their heavy rock days(ROCK CITY) to their more melodic rock/hard rock days(ARMY OF ONE), or from their heavy metal days(BORN IN AMERICA), speed metal(THUNDERSTEEL) to their more neo classic hard rock/metal days of NIGHTBREAKER for exemple.
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 2:30 pm

I've a few albums by these guys, Thundersteel is the best for me but I do enjoy Inishmore alot too,

Isn't Mike Tirelli (Holy Mother / Messiah's Kiss) the full time vocalist now ?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:51 pm

Who cares if they got no label support they are still around and putting out metal. Better off where they are now!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:58 pm

I've only heard 'Thundersteel.' Pretty decent speed metal release - sounds like I needs ta check out more from them.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:39 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIOT-Restless-Breed-6-Bonus-CD-NEW-RARE-REMASTERED_W0QQitemZ230135186117QQihZ013QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one on EBAY for you mrelectric
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:46 pm

I got "Restless Breed" from a friend a couple of months ago.
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:28 am

I like Riot...out of all the eras I've heard, I prefer the Mike DiMeo era (which is now over)...
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm a great RIOT fan and I have a question for those who got the vinyl of Fire down under: the lateral title on the album cover says "Fire down below"? The one that I got...YES! (????)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 12:44 am

You got me thinking about what a unique band they are. They've explored several styles, and kicked ass with each of them. My faves are Rock City, Fire Down Under, Restless Breed, Nightbreaker, and Inishmore; but I almost think of them as being four different bands in a way. Thanks for reminding me to take a moment to appreciate them in their totality.
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:40 am

Just bought my first Riot CD yesterday. I plucked Night Breaker out of the used bin and I'm totally diggin' it. I can't believe it's taken me this long to hear an album by them! It's right down my alley.

They're just one of those bands that everyone has suggested I check out over the years and for whatever reason, I just didn't. I'm always amazed at how much you can overlook when it comes to music, especially the bigger named bands. There's just so much out there.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just bought my first Riot CD yesterday. I plucked Night Breaker out of the used bin and I'm totally diggin' it. I can't believe it's taken me this long to hear an album by them! It's right down my alley.

They're just one of those bands that everyone has suggested I check out over the years and for whatever reason, I just didn't. I'm always amazed at how much you can overlook when it comes to music, especially the bigger named bands. There's just so much out there.

I've not heard that one. Finding used Riot is beyond all realms of possibility it seems to me.... at least here in California.!! The last disc I heard was Thundersteel. The song BloodStreets... wow..... I've often compared Rhett Forester to Ronnie James Dio. They don't sound the same but same range and power. wow... They deal with Riot is songwriting. In the same way Steve Harris has a melody maker within.... Tag that with Mark Reale... should be link to their homepage.

http://www.riotsweb.com/
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 1:30 am

THUNDERSTEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:03 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I've not heard that one. Finding used Riot is beyond all realms of possibility
Nuggets in Boston has at least six or seven of their CDs used. The prices range from $8 to $10, I think. I've been seeing them for a long time, contemplating buying one, but just wasn't sure. Night Breaker cost under $5, so I may be more inclined to pay $10 now. It's a solid album.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 pm

Eyesore, get Thundersteel if they have it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:12 pm

Fire Down Under is one of my all time favorite albums. A really overlooked classic.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Riot Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riot Anyone????   Riot Anyone???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riot Anyone????
Page 1 of 1