Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the second time yesterday. It still kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Hansel and Gretel (unrated blu ray)

Too much phony-looking CGI for my tastes but still a fun watch.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Vacancy

(hopefully I can escape my gf's house before I am subjected to "The Crazies.")
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Vacancy

The Crazies is actually pretty good. Vacancy was a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Vacancy

The Crazies is actually pretty good.  Vacancy was a piece of shit.

Yeah, I really enjoyed The Crazies.  Especially since I saw the original one at a drive-in and thought it really sucked. I actually thought "Vacancy" was OK too but it was pretty predictable.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:38 pm

I saw The Crazies in the theater and enjoyed it. I have never seen the original.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Saw both versions of the Crazies (the remake in the theater) and enjoyed both of them. Vacancy was rather run of the mill but not overtly terrible.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Gotham
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy for the second time yesterday.  It still kicks ass.

I hear it has become the highest grossing Marvel movie to date. I can understand why, it is fantastic. One of the few movies I will certainly get on Blu Ray.

Sunday:

Once Upon A Time
Resurrection

Monday:

Gotham
Slippy Hollow

Tonight:

The Big Bang Theory

Later:

Monday Night Raw (Hulu version)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:51 pm

A's vs Royals wild card game.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Catching up with the first couple weeks of the new tv season:

Gotham
Sleepy Hollow
The Blacklist
Bones
The Good Wife
Big Bang Theory
Forever

also finishing up Grimm season 3 on Amazon Prime
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 am

Night of the Dead
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 am

S.D. wrote:

Bones

How could they?!! It's Bones, not Game of Thrones! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 am

Agents of SHIELD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:29 am

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Bones

I take it you are referring to Sweets? Yeah, that was a shocker, but then again this season (or possibly next) will be the last for this series, so maybe the actor wanted to get out early to pursue other possibilities?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:36 am

It's the start of the Halloween season so y'all know what that means... it's time for SCHLOCK-TOBER at Casa Del Freddy! :cheese:

I kicked off this season's crap-a-thon with:

"Haunted High" (2012)

A bunch of private school students (and their janitor, played by Danny "Machete" Trejo) are trapped in the building overnight with the spirit of a former headmaster and cult leader - who has a thing for human sacrifice. Hilarity ensues. This is a SyFy movie so naturally the effects are cheap, the gore is plentiful, and the acting is terrible. Poor Charisma Carpenter (ex-"Buffy") must need a new agent desperately if this is the kind of stuff she's appearing in nowadays.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Giants vs Pirates wild card game.

I'm pulling for the Pirates. I still resent the Giants from the Jeffrey Leonard "one flap down days".

Go Bucs!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Schlock-Tober entry #2:

"Robo Vampire" (1988)

An absolutely insane no budget horror/sci-fi/kung fu mashup from Hong Kong. A drug cartel is using Chinese hopping vampires (?) to protect their shipments, and a dead narcotics agent is reborn as an extremely cheap RoboCop knockoff to battle them. In a totally unrelated plot line, a female agent is taken prisoner by the cartel and a team of commandos goes to their jungle base to free her.

...supposedly this flick was stitched together from bits and pieces of two unfinished films which might explain why Robo Vampire appears to have no story whatsoever. It's just a bunch of poorly dubbed, random chop socky action scenes one after another for the entire run time.

I have tried to watch this movie (it's available in its entirety on YouTube) several times over the past couple of years but have always bailed out around the 15 minute mark. Now that I have finally completed it, I believe that I have scaled the top of Bad Movie Mountain.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:54 am

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Bones

I take it you are referring to Sweets?  Yeah, that was a shocker, but then again this season (or possibly next) will be the last for this series, so maybe the actor wanted to get out early to pursue other possibilities?

I thought that too, Rapture Palooza seemed to do okay, so he's most likely looking for more films.

On a side note, I thought that the prison fight scenes were really well done, although a little Rocky esque.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 am

Modern Family
South Park
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

The debacle that was the Pirates vs Giants playoff game. Way to play small Bucs ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 pm

007 wrote:
The debacle that was the Pirates vs Giants playoff game. Way to play small Bucs ! Rolling Eyes

Now you're free to root for the Cardinals! lol!

Seriously, your Bucs scared me right down to the last day of the season. Good run!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:46 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Catching-fire
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Schlock-Tober entry #2:

"Robo Vampire" (1988)

An absolutely insane no budget horror/sci-fi/kung fu mashup from Hong Kong. A drug cartel is using Chinese hopping vampires (?) to protect their shipments, and a dead narcotics agent is reborn as an extremely cheap RoboCop knockoff to battle them. In a totally unrelated plot line, a female agent is taken prisoner by the cartel and a team of commandos goes to their jungle base to free her.

...supposedly this flick was stitched together from bits and pieces of two unfinished films which might explain why Robo Vampire appears to have no story whatsoever. It's just a bunch of poorly dubbed, random chop socky action scenes one after another for the entire run time.

I have tried to watch this movie (it's available in its entirety on YouTube) several times over the past couple of years but have always bailed out around the 15 minute mark. Now that I have finally completed it, I believe that I have scaled the top of Bad Movie Mountain.

That movie was directed by the same guy who directed the movie which featured this fight scene, which made the rounds as an online meme several years ago:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 4 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next