Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Sleepy Hollow
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Red Line" (2013)

A low budget thriller that revolves around a terrorist bombing in the Los Angeles subway system. While waiting for rescue, a small group of survivors must deal with the fact that the bomber may still be among them. Pretty average stuff; I've seen better, but I've seen lots worse.

Yeah but to paraphrase my brother, "You've seen more turds than the bottom of a public toilet."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Quote :
Yeah but to paraphrase my brother, "You've seen more turds than the bottom of a public toilet."

Laughing very hard This is true.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:19 pm

I ride the Red Line train frequently...still not going to watch the movie however. lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Watching the Buffalo Sabres vs. the St. Louis Blues
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Restaurant: Impossible

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:26 am

Graduation Day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 am

"Blood and Chocolate" (2007)

A gothic/horror/romance set in Bucharest, Romania about a female werewolf who breaks away from her "pack" when she falls for a puny human. Her fellow wolves, naturally, don't take kindly to her betrayal. Stylish flick with some nice European scenery but a little too "Twilight-y" for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 am

S.D. wrote:
I ride the Red Line train frequently...still not going to watch the movie however.  lol!

Just watch Alfred Hitchcock's "Lifeboat" again... it's essentially the same story, with the setting changed to a subway tunnel. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Finished Godzilla (2014).

I don't know why I read so many complaints about the pacing in this movie. It's paced like most Godzilla movies. And the MUTOS appear early enough in the film that I didn't mind waiting for the Big G. This film is much more entertaining than several other Godzilla movies (like Godzilla vs the Sea Monster). I think anyone complaining about this film isn't familiar with the Toho catalog of Godzilla flicks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 pm

"The Taking Of Deborah Logan" (2014)

A surprisingly effective faux-documentary horror flick shot in "hand-held" style, which usually irritates the crap out of me. A grad student is filming an alzheimers patient's struggle with the disease as part of her senior thesis, but as symptoms progress and events begin heading in disturbing new directions, it appears that there may be something supernatural at work within the woman as well. My wife picked this flick and though I bitched at first about the "Blair Witch" POV style, I'll admit I got drawn in quickly and even jumped a few times...which I rarely, if ever, do.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:55 pm

I just watched this video of my mother-in-law, Toni Myers, talking to Christoper Nolan:

http://www.space.com/27742-interstellar-imax-featurette-exclusive.html

The world is a crazy place.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Finished Godzilla (2014).

I don't know why I read so many complaints about the pacing in this movie.  It's paced like most Godzilla movies.  And the MUTOS appear early enough in the film that I didn't mind waiting for the Big G.  This film is much more entertaining than several other Godzilla movies (like Godzilla vs the Sea Monster).  I think anyone complaining about this film isn't familiar with the Toho catalog of Godzilla flicks.

If there isn't an explosion every 5 minutes modern movie audiences don't know what to do.

Not only is it paced identically to most 60s Godzilla films, the structure is a combination of 50s monster movies and Jaws. Remember Jaws? The film where the creature is only seen for about 7 minutes of the entire running time? Modern audiences wouldn't be able to handle that, they'd be squirming in their seats.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:11 pm

The Dirty Dozen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Cujo and Firestarter on AMC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I just watched this video of my mother-in-law, Toni Myers, talking to Christoper Nolan:

http://www.space.com/27742-interstellar-imax-featurette-exclusive.html

The world is a crazy place.  

That was very cool, thanks for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:03 pm

"The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992)

...yeah, the Christmas movies are turning up on Netflix already, so my kids asked me to watch this with them. Very Happy

Anyway, Kermit, Fozzy, Gonzo and the gang's version of the Charles Dickens holiday classic is actually quite faithful to the source material (aside from some added Muppet-y sight gags), with a great turn by Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge. This may actually be one of the better film versions of it that I've seen!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:08 am

"Video Games: The Movie" (2014)

A disappointingly dry documentary about the video game industry and its effects on technology, the entertainment industry, and pop culture in general that looks nice but has very little to say. I was hoping for something a little more in-depth about video game history (particularly the early years of arcade games ) but this flick barely scratches the surface, giving you a condensed, Cliffs Notes version mixed with interviews with various gaming biggies all saying, in effect, "Video games are cool and they'll always be cool." Skip this one and watch "The King of Kong" instead.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Futurama
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Kelly's Heroes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 2:32 am

Required Fields wrote:
Kelly's Heroes.

Love that movie! I think that I still have it on videotape around here.......... somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 am

Dumb and Dumber To
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:06 am

Netflix double feature last night:

With the kiddos:
"The Aristocats" (1970)

A family of spoiled French kitties must find their way back to Paris after they're dumped in the wilderness by a villainous butler in this Disney 'toon. Along the way they befriend an alley cat and his friends, a gang of jazz loving "scat cats." Not one of Disney's best but the animation is charmingly old fashioned and the kids were entertained.

"Turbulence" (1997)

A serial killer (Ray Liotta) being transported on a cross country Christmas Eve flight by federal marshals breaks loose in mid-air, turning it into a hell ride for the airline stewardess (Lauren Holly) he's fixated on. This action/suspense thriller doesn't rank very high on the believability scale but the constant mid-air mayhem is fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 4:51 pm

"Dumb & Dumber" (1994)

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are a pair of morons who set out on a cross country quest to return a "lost" briefcase to Carrey's dream girl (Lauren Holly), causing chaos and mayhem everywhere along the way. "D&D" is stupid as hell but it appeals to my inner 12 year old.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next