Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Watched my Rams upset the Niners 13-10.

We came into this game last in the league in sacks but sacked Koepernick 8 times and recovered his fumble at our goal line to preserve the win.  And yet we were completely blown out by the Chiefs last week.  I guess it really is "any given Sunday".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 TheFrenchConnection
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:12 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Hitcher+poster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Hitcher+poster

I love that one!
It established Rutger Hauer as a major badguy IMO.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Gotham
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:57 pm

"Vampyre Nation" (2013)

SyFy nonsense set in a world where humans and vampires live side by side in an uneasy truce. When a virus begins mutating vamps into something that threatens both species, a human cop puts together a team from both sides to battle them. A cheap looking flick shot in Eastern Europe that rips off "Underworld," "Daybreakers," "Blade" and a host of other bloodsucker flicks. Avoid!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 pm

"Dinosaur Island" (1994)

In this typically brain-free softcore action comedy co-directed by Z-movie legends Jim Wynorski and Fred Olen Ray, a group of Army plane crash survivors find themselves stranded on an uncharted tropical island...which happens to be populated by a lost tribe of hot, large breasted, half naked warrior cave women. Oh, and there are some (EXTREMELY cheaply animated) dinosaurs too.
Don't expect a great story or mind boggling special effects. Just turn your brain off and enjoy the eye candy!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Star Trek: Enterprise. Finished up the series yesterday, a shame it was canceled so early because seasons 3 & 4 were great and a marked improvement over the first two seasons. I think it was a better overall show than either Deep Space Nine or Voyager.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Star Trek: Enterprise.  Finished up the series yesterday, a shame it was canceled so early because seasons 3 & 4 were great and a marked improvement over the first two seasons.  I think it was a better overall show than either Deep Space Nine or Voyager.

That's one I stopped watching and couldn't really get into...... maybe I should give it another chance. Voyager was mindless fun, but DS9 got much better in the later seasons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Star Trek: Enterprise.  Finished up the series yesterday, a shame it was canceled so early because seasons 3 & 4 were great and a marked improvement over the first two seasons.  I think it was a better overall show than either Deep Space Nine or Voyager.

That's one I stopped watching and couldn't really get into...... maybe I should give it another chance. Voyager was mindless fun, but DS9 got much better in the later seasons

A new producer took over at the start of season 3, the jump in quality was immediately evident. Caveat: you need to see the final episode of season 2 for the season 3 arc to make sense.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 pm

"Carrie" (2013)

The 21st century update of Stephen King's story still packs a decent punch.  Chloe Grace Moretz is great as the troubled telekinetic teen, and Julianne Moore's portrayal of Carrie's abusive, religion-crazed Mom is even scarier than Piper Laurie's take on the same character in the 1976 version.
A lot of remakes suck but this one was actually pretty damn good.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:02 am

Walking Dead - a flawed episode in some regards (auto-aim in pitch black?? Get real...), but still riveting. It's good to have Beth back.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:56 am

Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

A new producer took over at the start of season 3, the jump in quality was immediately evident.  Caveat:  you need to see the final episode of season 2 for the season 3 arc to make sense.

I think 1/2 way though S2 was when I stopped watching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

The Rocketeer (1991)

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Rocketeer (1991)

Thoughts?  I've always thought this was an underrated film.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The Rocketeer (1991)

I've always liked it and agree it's quite underrated. This was the first time I have seen it since the VHS days, they just added it to Netflix streaming this week.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The Rocketeer (1991)

I've always liked it and agree it's quite underrated.  This was the first time I have seen it since the VHS days, they just added it to Netflix streaming this week.  

I'm thinking of checking it out tonight. It was a slow go for me as a kid in the theater; I remember it being talk-heavy and short on SFX sequences. But hell, I was 11.

Needless trivia: the writing team for The Rocketeer is best known for that awesome The Flash TV series a year before it--as well as that old VHS B-favorite, Zone Troopers in 1985. They also did Arena, and at this point a lot of you have left the room.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:17 pm

"Bait" (aka "Bait 3D," 2012)

A far-fetched but fun Aussie thriller that combines the disaster-film and creature-feature genres. A massive tidal wave traps a group of people inside a flooded supermarket, and if that didn't suck enough, there's a hungry Great White shark in the store with them. Watery, toothy mayhem ensues as the shoppers try to plot their escape without becoming Shark Chow. A solid B-Movie!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Behind The Music: Thin Lizzy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Finished Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters

Sure it's silly and anachronistic but damn, it sure is a fun movie.  And really gory...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 pm

"Arachnoquake" (2012)

An earthquake caused by natural gas "fracking" unleashes a horde of giant, subterranean fire breathing spiders (yes, really) that descend on New Orleans, and it's up to Tracey "Carol Seaver from Growing Pains" Gold to stop them. Yet another cheesily charming tongue-in-cheek SyFy movie from the director of the far superior "Ghost Shark."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Bait" (aka "Bait 3D," 2012)

A far-fetched but fun Aussie thriller that combines the disaster-film and creature-feature genres. A massive tidal wave traps a group of people inside a flooded supermarket, and if that didn't suck enough, there's a hungry Great White shark in the store with them. Watery, toothy mayhem ensues as the shoppers try to plot their escape without becoming Shark Chow. A solid B-Movie!

The little hottie shown in the still photo of that trailer is actress Phoebe Tonkin who now has a lead role on the TV show The Originals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 4:17 pm

S.D. wrote:

The little hottie shown in the still photo of that trailer is actress Phoebe Tonkin who now has a lead role on the TV show The Originals.  

Yep, my wife pointed that out to me while we were watching last night. Julian McMahon of "Charmed" and "Nip/Tuck" fame was also in the cast.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
far superior "Ghost Shark."

I bet you that's the first time that line has been written in human history, regardless of context.

Keep the reviews coming, FF! TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 56834
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next