Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?

Go down 
+35
tohostudios
iamrockerfun
mikeinfla
80s Metal Lady
thejokeriv
deathisgain
bgsully
Short-Fuse
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
mr.electric39
exact33
Hadley
glassprison
mc666
Lari
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Lovecraft
James B.
Lurideath
TrogDawn
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Runicen
A Handful of Wayne
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:32 am

There are plenty of books and real documentaries out there that are nothing to do with tin foil hat wearing crazies or overweight Texan opportunists that factually discuss the ways in which the governments of this world and corporations use the media (including the news) to further their agendas. The news is mostly bullshit.

But I don't believe for one second that Bush was behind the murder of thousands of Americans or that Obama spends his days plotting the murder of cinema goers.

Sometimes bad stuff happens.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:13 am

mlotek wrote:

there are many documentaries posted online that show actors in "tragedies" being in other tragedies elsewhere.

I thought it was crazy at first, until I started watching everything on Youtube and seeing the SAME PEOPLE in different news stories.
It is all actors.

You got any links to back this up? Now that's something I'd like to see with my own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am

Boris2008 wrote:
There are plenty of books and real documentaries out there that are nothing to do with tin foil hat wearing crazies or overweight Texan opportunists that factually discuss the ways in which the governments of this world and corporations use the media (including the news) to further their agendas. The news is mostly bullshit.

But I don't believe for one second that Bush was behind the murder of thousands of Americans or that Obama spends his days plotting the murder of cinema goers.

This is pretty much where I fall on the matter. Now, something I don't think is controversial is that our government (Dem and Rep) has a total hard-on for turning tragedies into excuses for going to war, militarizing local police departments (at taxpayer expense, natch), and cracking down on everyone's civil liberties... you know, for 'Murica and safety and terrorism or whatever...

Given that this trend has ony been more and more poorly veiled (are they even hiding it anymore?) over the last ten or so years, I can't really blame people for seeing a conspiracy here. Fairer to say it's the Lusitania all over again - you send a boat where it's likely to be sunk, let it get sunk, and then use the outrage you stir up to get what you want. I.e. this is how "false flag" works. You attach higher meaning to something that was either allowed to happen or overtly orchestrated... or that you were just lucky enough to be in office at the same time as...

I was thinking about some of the critiques of what Nugent has said over the years and I have to ask: is the problem that we're just allergic to people who don't care how they're received? I mean, we live in the era of "-ists" and "-isms." If someone doesn't agree with what you're saying, no matter how calm and methodical you may be about saying it, you're immediately tagged with some very damning label that's supposed to discredit you. Most people faced with this shut up and back off. It's like soft censorship, really. So, what you're left with are people like the Nuge or Vedder or whoever who are either such big asses that they don't care or are too stoned to care. We've kind of lost the moderate, well-spoken opinionated celeb.

You know who I miss? Marilyn Manson circa the mid-90s before he got stupid and rotted his brain on drugs. That guy was brutally intelligent back when. You didn't even need to agree with him to respect the mind at work. At this point, his brain has disappeared much like his chin and jawline.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
For me - I love punk.  I love the sounds of SkrewDriver and other nazi Oi! bands.  But I won't ever give them my money or listen to them.  

Yeah that one bums me out too. There are bands that musically fall in line with the other punk bands I like, but no way in hell would I ever listen to any of these bands.

And Skrewdriver, one bummer about them is that their very first record is not racist. It's just working-class street punk. After that band broke up Stuart re-formed them as the band they are known as now. But I still can't listen to that first record, even though the lyrical content is not the same as later stuff. The dude behind it is the same dude, and I'm sure had the same ideas at the time, even if he wasn't expressing them in the songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 am

I've decided to purge my collection of artists that have used or abused drugs and alcohol, have slept with groupies or have used unsavory language. My collection will now only consist of material by the legendary Boots Randolph. Benny Hill be damned!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:01 am

You mean to tell me that Boots didn't enjoy the odd coctail or martini?

Nobody writes Yakety Sax without being on something. I'm just sayin'.

Bringing that heathen boozer drug addict music in here... Oughta be ashamed of yourself.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

007 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

there are many documentaries posted online that show actors in "tragedies" being in other tragedies elsewhere.

I thought it was crazy at first, until I started watching everything on Youtube and seeing the SAME PEOPLE in different news stories.
It is all actors.

You got any links to back this up? Now that's something I'd like to see with my own eyes.

I've seen some of those videos.... can't remember where I got the link... But, I can't tell if it's truth or creative editing...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Runicen wrote:

This is pretty much where I fall on the matter.  Now, something I don't think is controversial is that our government (Dem and Rep) has a total hard-on for turning tragedies into excuses for going to war, militarizing local police departments (at taxpayer expense, natch), and cracking down on everyone's civil liberties...  you know, for 'Murica and safety and terrorism or whatever...

Given that this trend has ony been more and more poorly veiled (are they even hiding it anymore?) over the last ten or so years, I can't really blame people for seeing a conspiracy here.  Fairer to say it's the Lusitania all over again - you send a boat where it's likely to be sunk, let it get sunk, and then use the outrage you stir up to get what you want.  I.e. this is how "false flag" works.  You attach higher meaning to something that was either allowed to happen or overtly orchestrated...  or that you were just lucky enough to be in office at the same time as...

Just look at the picture of the "small town America" police force in Ferguson, MO..... They seriously needed all that equipment and military style camos on hand in "small town America?" Love the quotes from our boys in Uniform that spent time in Afghanistan that they have MORE equipment than they did patrolling areas with insurgents!

It's no wonder their are more conspiracy theorists around theses days!!!!!

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm

So, you don't even LOOK at the evidence?

and where did I say 9/11 used actors?
That was MORE than a few years ago.

Funny you mention Sandyhook.
When I see people on camera laughing and smiling, how am I supposed to believe what they say?
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm

007 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

It is all actors.

am starting to search a hard drive with videos I saved to find the names of them first.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Bombshell Sandy Hook Massacre Was A DHS Illusion Says School Safety Expert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2a1FwYEZS4

SANDY HOOK The real truth Documentary FULL VIDEO) 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbG3G1EPPUI
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
For me - I love punk.  I love the sounds of SkrewDriver and other nazi Oi! bands.  But I won't ever give them my money or listen to them.  

Yeah that one bums me out too. There are bands that musically fall in line with the other punk bands I like, but no way in hell would I ever listen to any of these bands.

And Skrewdriver, one bummer about them is that their very first record is not racist. It's just working-class street punk. After that band broke up Stuart re-formed them as the band they are known as now. But I still can't listen to that first record, even though the lyrical content is not the same as later stuff. The dude behind it is the same dude, and I'm sure had the same ideas at the time, even if he wasn't expressing them in the songs.

I had a Skrewdriver mix tape that someone gave me back in the late 80s. Shortly thereafter, I was working in a Tower Records and one of my co-workers was a cool black guy who was also a jazz trombonist. We had some drunk white power shithead come in the store one day with his racist prison tattoos on display and I remember Alan getting really upset when he saw them. I ditched the cassette after that because I was really into not offending anybody at the time and wouldn't have wanted him to see it in my collection and get upset about it (maybe a bit of an overreaction on my part, but those were pretty intense times for me).

Many years after that, I revisited the band and made a great CD comp (complete with my own cover art - Back With a Bang!) that has some cool songs and covers by them (you can really hear they were not very good players on the covers) but without the National Front racist crap (I never really got turned on the racist songs by the person who shared them with me anyway, so most of my experience with them is just wicked cool old punk songs with a general skinhead/oi! culture vibe).  I believe I downloaded the songs for free during the music piracy mania of the early 2000s...so I put the skrews to 'em, so to speak  Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 382568 

I'm able to separate the music from the man, so I'll gladly share with you wankers and spread the love if you're interested.  It hits the spot really well when I'm in that kind of mood, but I totally get it if you're not into it at all.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:59 pm

I know a few newer thrash bands put off a really elitist attitude I don't like. Elitism and generally idiotic attitudes push me away from wanting to throw my money at someone.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I fail to see how the news is "mostly bullshit"(except for Faux, almost everything they say is total BS).

I wasn't saying all documentaries were fake, don't know where on earth you got that impression, I was mainly criticizing the ones that try and prove nonsense like "9/11 was an inside job" and things like that.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:14 pm

mlotek wrote:

You are officially the craziest person I have encountered, you are truly delusional if you actually all that nonsense, you need serious help.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 pm

mlotek wrote:
So, you don't even LOOK at the evidence?

and where did I say 9/11 used actors?
That was MORE than a few years ago.

Funny you mention Sandyhook.
When I see people on camera laughing and smiling, how am I supposed to believe what they say?

You're a total nutcase, plain and simple, I didn't say 9/11 used "actors", you did, so get over yourself already.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Runicen wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

This is pretty much where I fall on the matter.  Now, something I don't think is controversial is that our government (Dem and Rep) has a total hard-on for turning tragedies into excuses for going to war, militarizing local police departments (at taxpayer expense, natch), and cracking down on everyone's civil liberties...  you know, for 'Murica and safety and terrorism or whatever...

Given that this trend has ony been more and more poorly veiled (are they even hiding it anymore?) over the last ten or so years, I can't really blame people for seeing a conspiracy here.  Fairer to say it's the Lusitania all over again - you send a boat where it's likely to be sunk, let it get sunk, and then use the outrage you stir up to get what you want.  I.e. this is how "false flag" works.  You attach higher meaning to something that was either allowed to happen or overtly orchestrated...  or that you were just lucky enough to be in office at the same time as...

I was thinking about some of the critiques of what Nugent has said over the years and I have to ask: is the problem that we're just allergic to people who don't care how they're received?  I mean, we live in the era of "-ists" and "-isms."  If someone doesn't agree with what you're saying, no matter how calm and methodical you may be about saying it, you're immediately tagged with some very damning label that's supposed to discredit you.  Most people faced with this shut up and back off.  It's like soft censorship, really.  So, what you're left with are people like the Nuge or Vedder or whoever who are either such big asses that they don't care or are too stoned to care.  We've kind of lost the moderate, well-spoken opinionated celeb.

You know who I miss?  Marilyn Manson circa the mid-90s before he got stupid and rotted his brain on drugs.  That guy was brutally intelligent back when.  You didn't even need to agree with him to respect the mind at work.  At this point, his brain has disappeared much like his chin and jawline.

No, people are "allergic" to those that spout racist and ignorant crap like Ted does(he sure loves calling minorities "mongrels" doesn't he?).  There's a big difference between not agreeing with someone and being flat-out repulsed by their comments, there are plenty of extreme leftists like Chris Hedges that I personally do not agree with(I also would not call Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning or Julian Assange heroes in any sense of the word), but many of Nugent's comments thoroughly disgust me and make me ashamed to be a man, I can't tell whether he's willfully ignorant or just starved for attention, and he's anything but "calm" and "methodical" (calling the president a "mongrel" and saying that Hilary can "suck on his machine gun" Rolling Eyes )

Manson is still pretty intelligent, I was really impressed when I saw him in Bowling For Columbine and when asked what he would say to the kids of Columbine, he said something like "I wouldn't say a word, I would just sit and listen to them, that's something no one else did".

Also being calm and methodical does not excuse you from spouting racist, sexist and homophobic crap.

So no, I would not qualify calling people out on offensive comments as "soft censorship" at all, people may have the freedom to say whatever they want, but what they often fail to comprehend is that it goes both ways, and people also have the freedom to call people like Ted out for his ignorant and offensive comments if they see fit to do so.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 pm

mlotek wrote:

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Shocked Oooookay....how did I end up in that weird part of the internet again?? Exit stage left.....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shocked Oooookay....how did I end up in that weird part of the internet again?? Exit stage left.....

Ned Flanders turned zombie and planned 9 11.....
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ned Flanders turned zombie and planned 9 11.....
Also, vaccines turn your kids autistic Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
No, people are "allergic" to those that spout racist and ignorant crap like Ted does(he sure loves calling minorities "mongrels" doesn't he?).  There's a big difference between not agreeing with someone and being flat-out repulsed by their comments, there are plenty of extreme leftists like Chris Hedges that I personally do not agree with(I also would not call Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning or Julian Assange heroes in any sense of the word), but many of Nugent's comments thoroughly disgust me and make me ashamed to be a man, I can't tell whether he's willfully ignorant or just starved for attention, and he's anything but "calm" and "methodical" (calling the president a "mongrel" and saying that Hilary can "suck on his machine gun" Rolling Eyes )

Manson is still pretty intelligent, I was really impressed when I saw him in Bowling For Columbine and when asked what he would say to the kids of Columbine, he said something like "I wouldn't say a word, I would just sit and listen to them, that's something no one else did".

Also being calm and methodical does not excuse you from spouting racist, sexist and homophobic crap.

So no, I would not qualify calling people out on offensive comments as "soft censorship" at all, people may have the freedom to say whatever they want, but what they often fail to comprehend is that it goes both ways, and people also have the freedom to call people like Ted out for his ignorant and offensive comments if they see fit to do so.

I'm gonna call crap on that simply because it doesn't take anything to be "sexist" or "racist" anymore.  You ask where a rape occured or under what circumstances and you're "victim blaming."  You suggest someone of a different skin color should be held to account for a law they broke or just say you don't like them for something or other and you're "racist" even if you apply that logic across the board.  That whole "you can't get away with being racist/sexist/whatever" argument has taken several sharks in a single bound.  

We'll also ignore the fact that having racist views but not hurting anyone (short of their feelings) is a far cry from the KKK and Jim Crow laws anyway...

It's also a point of convenience that you really can't say anything bad about the president without being accused of being either ignorant or racist, which is also crap.  I don't like the guy.  I think his policies suck and I think he reeks so strongly of elitism and arrogance that I can smell it 3 hours from DC when the wind blows right.  Thing is, he doesn't need dark skin for those things to be true.  It doesn't seem to be helping him and the annoyance factor increases every time someone says something REMOTELY unflattering about the guy and some quarter of the media or internet chimes in with the "You're a Closet Racist" dancing girls...

The bar has just been set too low.  Well, that and some people have lost the ability to think, apparently.

I mean, when someone tells a white man they can't say anything negative to a black man because of the difference in skin color, how is that any less wretched than the inverse?  Yeah, it's couched in terms of, "Racism is bad and horrible things were done because of it," but what it becomes is this loose paternalism that prevents people from just being people and, you know, meeting each other as people rather than representatives of a %$#@ing demographic.  

I mean even the statement "Nugent's comments thoroughly disgust me and make me ashamed to be a man" is pretty fubar when you really take it apart.  So, somebody who has the superficial trait of genitalia in common with you is now lumped in with you and you need to worry about how his comments reflect on you?  Holy crap...  Just...  I'm...  No words.

Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Bert_2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Let's try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum. As a reminder this is NOT a political discussion board, this is a MUSIC discussion board and this topic is in the main music section.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome back, S.D.!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Runicen wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

I'm gonna call crap on that simply because it doesn't take anything to be "sexist" or "racist" anymore.  You ask where a rape occured or under what circumstances and you're "victim blaming."  You suggest someone of a different skin color should be held to account for a law they broke or just say you don't like them for something or other and you're "racist" even if you apply that logic across the board.  That whole "you can't get away with being racist/sexist/whatever" argument has taken several sharks in a single bound.  

We'll also ignore the fact that having racist views but not hurting anyone (short of their feelings) is a far cry from the KKK and Jim Crow laws anyway...

It's also a point of convenience that you really can't say anything bad about the president without being accused of being either ignorant or racist, which is also crap.  I don't like the guy.  I think his policies suck and I think he reeks so strongly of elitism and arrogance that I can smell it 3 hours from DC when the wind blows right.  Thing is, he doesn't need dark skin for those things to be true.  It doesn't seem to be helping him and the annoyance factor increases every time someone says something REMOTELY unflattering about the guy and some quarter of the media or internet chimes in with the "You're a Closet Racist" dancing girls...

The bar has just been set too low.  Well, that and some people have lost the ability to think, apparently.

I mean, when someone tells a white man they can't say anything negative to a black man because of the difference in skin color, how is that any less wretched than the inverse?  Yeah, it's couched in terms of, "Racism is bad and horrible things were done because of it," but what it becomes is this loose paternalism that prevents people from just being people and, you know, meeting each other as people rather than representatives of a %$#@ing demographic.  

I mean even the statement "Nugent's comments thoroughly disgust me and make me ashamed to be a man" is pretty fubar when you really take it apart.  So, somebody who has the superficial trait of genitalia in common with you is now lumped in with you and you need to worry about how his comments reflect on you?  Holy crap...  Just...  I'm...  No words.

Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Bert_2

I'm gonna call crap on your post, because like it or not racism DOES exist and sometimes minorities get executed by cops for no good reason(just look at what happened to Michael Brown)

Having racist views DOES hurt people, there's simply no valid excuse for having those ignorant and despicable views whatsoever.  I have zero respect for people with racist attitudes.

I don't think Obama is "elitist" or "arrogant" at all(though I would certainly use the terms to describe the Tea Party) I think his policies have been great and i'm very proud to have voted for him, if you want to insult me for that, then so be it.

I don't think the "bar" has been set "too low" at all, i've never seen any instances if the things you've mentioned happen.  (There is a huge degree of blaming the victim in many rape cases, especially those on college campuses)

I don't see how what i've said about Ted is "fubar" in the least, I simply think he makes other men look bad with his backwards viewpoints, that's all i'm saying, if you can't understand that, then oh well, I really don't know what to tell you.

Anyways back to the discussion, there are a lot of country artists like Toby Keith that I feel have wrongheaded viewpoints, I would say that's the reason why I don't listen to country music, but regardless of viewpoints I think country music just plain sucks for the most part lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?   Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refuse to support and artist/band because for moral reasons?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next