Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam

Go down 
+19
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Rami Airola
Leatherface
Thrasher73
corplhicks
DeathCult
Lurideath
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DakotaRogers
allthingsmetal
ze_mau
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 12:50 pm

Lari wrote:
Yes, but the contents of the DVDs are not explained. It can't be a 2DVD long concert, can it?

No clue my friend. Gonna have to google it.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 6:31 pm

Here you go Lari :

https://www.flotstildeath.com/discography/live-in-phoenix-live-album/

Looks like there might be a documentary on this too, from reading the comments on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 10:11 am

I read some reviews and ordered the Once in a Deathtime CD+DVD instead.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2023 2:43 pm

If the Live in Phoenix package is awesome, I'll get that too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 6:44 pm

I didn't know there was a video for this:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 2:10 am

Lari wrote:

I'm going to get all their CD's and they will become my favourite band ever. That's like my 2023 New Year's resolution. I've missed out on so much all these years.

Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Fj_110
Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Fj_210
Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Fj_310
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 5:00 pm

Flotsam is one of the best!

I’m rarely disappointed. Only a few albums have crap production.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 5:05 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Dreams of Death, very much so. But it also has a couple of really good tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Dreams of Death, very much so. But it also has a couple of really good tunes on it.

IMO, Dreams Of Death is their weakest album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 6:47 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah that one has bad production, but I actually dislike “Unnatural Selection” worse. Those super loud bass drums are annoying. And the guitar tone is a bit weak. They got two songs on the same album titled with “Noose”. Not exactly their most creative effort. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 6:53 pm

I like the concept of Dreams of Death. Every song was supposed to be a different nightmare. I’d need to revisit it, but there are a few good songs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 7:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah that one has bad production, but I actually dislike “Unnatural Selection” worse. Those super loud bass drums are annoying. And the guitar tone is a bit weak. They got two songs on the same album titled with “Noose”. Not exactly their most creative effort. Laughing

Those two are the weak points. And what's with the giant ant on the cover?! I'm not complaining though, my 5-year-old twins think it's the coolest CD cover ever.
Laughing

But I like that those two are both very different albums. Unnatural Selection is a unique sounding release. I like that it's in their discography. And Ugly Noise and Cuatro and all those other journeys they've taken (Drift). And it's all still done well enough to sound like Flotsam and Jetsam.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 8:50 pm

I picked up High a few weeks ago and now my F&J studio albums collection is completed.

High was ok on the first couple of spins. Nothing that special really.

Some songs started getting better after repeated spins.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 3:13 am

I like High. Yeah, it's not the most memorable songwriting, but it's pretty heavy and Eric sounds as good as always.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 6:00 am

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Those two are the weak points. And what's with the giant ant on the cover?! I'm not complaining though, my 5-year-old twins think it's the coolest CD cover ever.
Laughing

But I like that those two are both very different albums. Unnatural Selection is a unique sounding release. I like that it's in their discography. And Ugly Noise and Cuatro and all those other journeys they've taken (Drift). And it's all still done well enough to sound like Flotsam and Jetsam.

The former bassist Jason Ward was a graphic designer. They opted to save money by having him create the album cover artwork.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 6:03 am

Lari wrote:
I like High. Yeah, it's not the most memorable songwriting, but it's pretty heavy and Eric sounds as good as always.

The vocals are somewhat buried on High.

Other than that, I like it! Final Step and Your Hands are highlights.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 6:11 am

Unnatural Selection could be a much better album if they remixed it. I like the song “promise Keepers”.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Yes, but the contents of the DVDs are not explained. It can't be a 2DVD long concert, can it?

No clue my friend. Gonna have to google it.

So, how is that DVD set?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4