Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal bands with ONE guitar player

Go down 
+31
DallasBlack
choosemetal
metalhead777
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Hadley
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Rex
Glower
bass63
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Lovecraft
bgsully
Red Kitty
ze_mau
mlotek
brokentulsa
Temple of Blood
glassprison
chewie
Citanul
Lari
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetallicSeminarian
Sword Of The Heretic
Shawn Of Fire
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Thread edited to remove a whooooooooole lotta off topic nonsense.

ze_mau: you seem hell bent on getting yourself banned from this forum today in order to make some kind of point (whatever the hell it may be). One more time and you'll get your wish.

Don't make me get the hose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

ze_mau: you seem hell bent on getting yourself banned from this forum today in order to make some kind of point (whatever the hell it may be). One more time and you'll get your wish.

OK I´d like to know if you´re referring to the "ego fly free" topic or this "secular music bla bla bla" stuff I started here because I go back to this all the time , but that´s it. I think I´m not violating any board rules on this topic ( not sure about the other one mentioned )
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

I'll spell it out for you: you seem to have issues with Christianity in general, and a thing for baiting Scott Waters (owner of this board) and the Christian metal fans here....because you keep dragging your baggage into every single frickin thread you post in. Keep it on topic or shut the hell up.

Clear enough?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Sorry, Freddy  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'll spell it out for you: you seem to have issues with Christianity in general, and a thing for baiting Scott Waters (owner of this board) and the Christian metal fans here....because you keep dragging your baggage into every single frickin thread you post in. Keep it on topic or shut the hell up.

Clear enough?

yes mom.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:58 pm

I mean as I mentioned previously I am a potential Christian in my religion´s definition ... that´s why I quit using the word "Christian" to define "evangelicals" ... some evangelicals are Christ like , for sure ... so they are Christians ...
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 pm

But please don´t send me to hell ( pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease ) , I´ll try to completely avoid the religion related stuff. I was banned from CMR and I really regret that.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Mortification & Disciple? I know they've gone through some member changes and I'm not sure if they are a 1 or 2 guitar band now.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:13 pm

(I´ll only mention the band here, no religious commentaries) well Mortification cetainly doesn´t count because I think they had some line ups in some albums when they hired 2 guitarrists to play.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Haven't seen anyone mention Living Colour yet. I think they qualify. I've never been aware of them having any live guitarists.

Some might not consider them metal though I guess.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
Haven't seen anyone mention Living Colour yet. I think they qualify. I've never been aware of them having any live guitarists.

Some might not consider them metal though I guess.

Good one. I would certainly call them metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm

I just bought Living Colour's Vivid a few weeks ago. They had a whole combo-platter thing goin' on with that album, depending on what track you listen to it could be hard rock/metal, funk rock, soul, a hint of punk, etc.

"Cult of Personality" was pretty damn metal in my book... and Vernon Reid can definitely wail.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just bought Living Colour's Vivid a few weeks ago. They had a whole combo-platter thing goin' on with that album, depending on what track you listen to it could be hard rock/metal, funk rock, soul, a hint of punk, etc.

"Cult of Personality" was pretty damn metal in my book... and Vernon Reid can definitely wail.

Living Color is a band I keep meaning to check out further and always forgets about.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:43 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Living Color is a band I keep meaning to check out further and always forgets about.

Stain is an absolutely fantastic record.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I love Living Colour but was very disappointed by their post-reunion work.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Living Colour is great , I like the lyrics for "Glamour Boys" a lot ...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 pm

How about metal bands without ANY guitar players?

Bassinvaders can't be the only one.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bassinvaders/116964
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:42 pm

I mean , Living Colour would not qualify for the creator of the topic / thread because its not always "Metal". But I think I noticed nobody here has ever mentioned SODOM.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 pm

I think that Whiplash have been a three piece pretty much straight through. Bathory only had Quorthon

Burzum and Germ are one man bands so it's a safe bet that they only have the one guitarist  Laughing (Although, in the case of Burzum, Euronymus did play one solo on one song on the debut so I'm not sure how strict we are being)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Lari wrote:

Bassinvaders can't be the only one.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bassinvaders/116964

One of my favorites... Neoandertals
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Neoandertals/46293

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 pm

I remember a band with one guitarist, but two bass players. Can't remember the name though. It was metalcore or something like that, and the band described the need for having two bassists was like having balls (two).
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 am

How about Bride?As far as I know Troy Thompson has always been the only guitarist.
The Crucified
White Lion
Alice in Chains
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 am

Lari wrote:

Van Canto

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Van_Canto/87185

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Rush

Rush might not count according the rules of this thread as they have done a live acoustic version of Resist with both Lifeson and Lee playing guitar.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:24 am

Bride started out with 2 guitarists.

Living Colour most certainly counts.

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal bands with ONE guitar player
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next