Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal bands with ONE guitar player

Go down 
+31
DallasBlack
choosemetal
metalhead777
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Hadley
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Rex
Glower
bass63
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Lovecraft
bgsully
Red Kitty
ze_mau
mlotek
brokentulsa
Temple of Blood
glassprison
chewie
Citanul
Lari
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetallicSeminarian
Sword Of The Heretic
Shawn Of Fire
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am

I played in some bands with both one and 2 guitarrists in the past, and I must confess that I prefer the 1 guitar format ( to play ) but there are MANY good one guitar only bands out there. Coroner for example.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Pretty Maids
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Has anyone mentioned Bloodgood yet? .......at least up until the latest album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm

bgsully wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Bloodgood yet? .......at least up until the latest album.

They used a second guy live as far back as 1989 though....

I guess (as usual) I needed to be more clear.

METAL bands with ONLY ONE guitar player...ever...in the band...playing live and recording.

Like Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin or (NOT) Motorhead (CUZ MOTORHEAD WAS A 4-PIECE FOR A WHILE)...

lol!

Last edited by Shawn Of Fire on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

METAL bands with ONLY ONE guitar player...ever...in the band...playing live and recording.

That is rather limiting. What about a group like Budgie? They released 8 albums as a power trio, then once their original guitarist left they replaced him with 2 guitar players. The first 8 albums are the best and the most well-regarded, surely they should still qualify?

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Joe Satriani
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned King's X yet
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Adrenaline Mob

Last edited by bass63 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
or Motorhead...

Your own example doesn't work. Motorhead had 2 guitarists (Phil Campbell and Wurzel) on No Remorse, Orgasmatron, Rock 'N' Roll, 1916, March or Die and Bastards.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
or Motorhead...

Your own example doesn't work.  Motorhead had 2 guitarists (Phil Campbell and Wurzel) on No Remorse, Orgasmatron, Rock 'N' Roll, 1916, March or Die and Bastards.  

Well then, I'll take them off my list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That is rather limiting.  What about a group like Budgie?  They released 8 albums as a power trio, then once their original guitarist left they replaced him with 2 guitar players.  The first 8 albums are the best and the most well-regarded, surely they should still qualify?

I was being limiting on purpose...if the band EVER had more than one guitar player, they don't qualify.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Fair enough, though personally I think that parameter makes the list basically worthless.

An example would be Van Halen, one of the ultimate single guitar bands in history, but since Sammy Hagar occasionally played guitar in concert with them they would be disqualified from your list based on those rules.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
Fair enough, though personally I think that parameter makes the list basically worthless.  

An example would be Van Halen, one of the ultimate single guitar bands in history, but since Sammy Hagar occasionally played guitar in concert with them they would be disqualified from your list based on those rules.  

You're correct about Van Halen.

But the list isn't worthless...short, maybe...but not worthless.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:26 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Van Halen
Overkill (early)
Tourniquet (now)

Sammy played guitar some, and even Dave plays some now on stage...so that disqualifies Van Halen.

Overkill & Tourniquet don't qualify as they have not always been 1-guitar bands.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

When you can't include Van Halen on a list of single-guitar bands, trust me, the list is worthless.   lol!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Van Halen
Overkill (early)
Tourniquet (now)

Sammy played guitar some, and even Dave plays some now on stage...so that disqualifies Van Halen.

Overkill & Tourniquet don't qualify as they have not always been 1-guitar bands.

Yes, I realize they don't qualify after you clarified what you were asking for.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
When you can't include Van Halen on a list of single-guitar bands, trust me, the list is worthless.   lol!

They're the band I immediately think of when I think one guitar bands.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Poison and Barren Cross don't count either...cuz Brett & Mike play guitar on stage.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Well , but even Motorhead doens´t qualify I think if you´re saying that the band could never ever had 2 guitars on their career ...
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Well , but even Motorhead doens´t qualify I think if you´re saying that the band could never ever had 2 guitars on their career ...

That was already covered several posts back.

Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Shawn I´m noticing some traces of OCD on you. but its OK. perfectionism and OCD are related , and sometimes I feel both on me ...
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm

The RODS - I mean c'mon - David Rock Feinstien ! Let The Eat Metal !
 affraid 
The RAMONES - Johnny Ramone - even Eddie Van Halen admited he was tough to copy !
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Joe Satriani

Shawn will say that Joe Satriani is a solo project , not a band , and that he uses 2 guitars when playing live ( I assume )

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:52 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Shawn I´m noticing some traces of OCD on you. but its OK. perfectionism and OCD are related , and sometimes I feel both on me ...

Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 2f65d9ef142e91b6260de8543c3815a67c41ad8359c0650571b0696d632dbb70
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm

BTW I am NOT referring to Scott when I mention "hypocrisy". DON´T GET ME WRONG. the thing is some evangelicals listen to bands like Impelliteri and Mass only because they are labeled by the market as ".
"Christian bands".

If Deicide and Morbid Angel where labeled as "Christian bands" they would listen to them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal bands with ONE guitar player
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next