Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal bands with ONE guitar player

Go down 
+31
DallasBlack
choosemetal
metalhead777
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Hadley
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Rex
Glower
bass63
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Lovecraft
bgsully
Red Kitty
ze_mau
mlotek
brokentulsa
Temple of Blood
glassprison
chewie
Citanul
Lari
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetallicSeminarian
Sword Of The Heretic
Shawn Of Fire
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:15 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
So I'm just curious as to why Sach didn't make the list...did he ever tour with an extra guitarist? I doubt G3 would count.

Joe Satriani is not a band...he is a solo artist.

Ahaaaaaaaaaa. Thanks.  Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 am

Rex wrote:
Mortification & Disciple? I know they've gone through some member changes and I'm not sure if they are a 1 or 2 guitar band now.

Mortification used 2 guitarists only once on their Relentless album and did one live show with them (with Jeff Lewis leaving afterward). I would still list them since I don't think (I could be wrong) he was intentionally looking to have 2 guitarists in the band at the time, just that both happened to impress him when they auditioned for the position so he used both.

Don't know if anyone mentioned Sleep and High on Fire
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:56 am

I was wondering about High on Fire as well, and Warlord should qualify.

Sodom?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The Nitro guy had a guitar with four necks and he could play them simultaneously, so wouldn't that count as more than one guitar player?

...sorry, I couldn't help myself... Laughing
 Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:01 am

Allen-Lande
Masterplan
Axel Rudi Pell
Leave's Eyes
Seasons Of The Wolf
Life Of Agony
Lana Lane
Ice Age
Axxis
Empire
Alestorm
Crematory
Nightwish
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:17 am

Ignore my last post, i neglected to look at the updated list before writing that.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Lana Lane

Lana Lane has had more than one guitarist on some of her albums, but I don't know if two of them have ever played on the same song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Citanul wrote:
And I mentioned it earlier in the thread - Geddy Lee has played guitar live, so does that disqualify Rush?

That's kinda tricky...I'm not sure.
Of course it does.According to this list,if any other member plays a guitar then they're off.Thats why Alice in Chains,Van Halen,Motley Crüe etc are disqualified.

The thing is with those, is that in those instances it's the singer who doesn't play an instrument normally that is occasionally picking up a guitar. In Rush's case, Geddy 99% of the time plays bass & keys. I  have never, ever seen pics of him playing guitar live...pics, or it didn't happen. Smile

Does this discount Led Zeppelin now?  Razz 
Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 70af11897ab318ba2a8a5f6a96689c9f

A shrunken JPJ plays a giant mandolin...
Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 B8d3da4c33a6504bd6bfbd051336c986

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 am

How about Black Country Communion? I believe Joe Bonnamassa (sp?) handled all the guitar duties there. And Glenn's new band California Breed. They're a power-trio, right? The young-gun does all the guitar there too I guess.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Yes, based on my too-rigid criteria, even Led Zeppelin is now off the list.

I suck...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Now I'm just being nit-picky ( crazy happy ), but I believe on some of their later albums, Dee Dee contributed some guitar work, as well as some other studio guitarists, on Ramones' albums.

I seem to recall in Johnny's book that when the record company wanted a radio hit, he said "This is how I play, take it or leave it. You want a solo, get someone else to play it."

EDIT: Walter Lure (of Johnny Thunder's Heartbreaker's band) is credited on a few Ramones albums as "extra guitar". Also a neat bit of trivia I just discovered, Vernon Reid of Living Colour plays a solo on the song 'Cabbies on Crack' from the Mondo Bizarro album.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Now I'm just being nit-picky ( crazy happy ), but I believe on some of their later albums, Dee Dee contributed some guitar work, as well as some other studio guitarists, on Ramones' albums.

I seem to recall in Johnny's book that when the record company wanted a radio hit, he said "This is how I play, take it or leave it. You want a solo, get someone else to play it."

EDIT: Walter Lure (of Johnny Thunder's Heartbreaker's band) is credited on a few Ramones albums as "extra guitar". Also a neat bit of trivia I just discovered, Vernon Reid of Living Colour plays a solo on the song 'Cabbies on Crack' from the Mondo Bizarro album.

Those are guest appearances...not band members.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Fair enough. Although you still have Dee Dee's contributions.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Didnt bother to check band history but what about

Savatage???

never been a huge fan but they just popped into mind.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:36 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

Savatage???      

They've had a second guitar player quite often, actually...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Still no Mentors on "the list" ....how DARE you continue to ignore the mighty Sickie Wifebeater?? (shakes fist)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Savatage???      

They've had a second guitar player quite often, actually...

Oh well!!! LOL .... I tried....  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Yeah, and Chris Caffery has amazing solo albums too, he's not just "that 2nd guitarist".
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Lari wrote:
Yeah, and Chris Caffery has amazing solo albums too, he's not just "that 2nd guitarist".

Word.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:

Word.

Double word.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Budgie
Sir Lord Baltimore
Captain Beyond
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal bands with ONE guitar player   Metal bands with ONE guitar player - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal bands with ONE guitar player
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6