Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam

Go down 
+22
Lovecraft
MetallicSeminarian
exact33
James B.
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Vexer6
assault_attack
ultmetal
Eyesore
tohostudios
DakotaRogers
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Really.

Lets take a look at some of the hate-spewing far left radicals:

2. Cher wished that Tea Partiers would die.

2.- Yeah so?  I've wished the very same thing myself.

you wish people to die? and you dont think there is anything wrong with that??

Not if they're mass murderers like James Holmes or Joseph Kony..

Maybe I wouldn't so far as to wish that members of the tea party would die, but if say they did, then I can't really say I'd be too broken-up about it either.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok, sorry if I came on a bit strong with my past few posts, some of you raised some good points.

I just responded the way I did partly due to my Aspberger's Syndrome and also due to being in a rather foul mood from being sick and barely getting any sleep last night because of it.

So I'd be more then happy to go back to talking about the album
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Vexer:

I'm not trying to convert you into believing anything.

As to the protestors, in California where I lived at the time, they protested the wars way more than the man who started them.  So how else explain the lack of protest after the power lines change?
Was it war they had issue with in the first place " If not why protest it at all ?

Your failure to see anything remotely wrong with your party platform is why nothing will ever get done to help our nation solve it's problems.   Compromise and diversity is what made our nation great.  The arrogance and polarization of so many is slowly ripping it apart at the seams. Why ? Because people like you won't even consider utilizing a plan of action to benefit the populace unless it has the "proper" political affiliation attached.  Regardless of political party, I'd much rather have people making decisions with common sense than by the over educated whom dismiss alternatives due to frivolous connotations as silly as "you're not qualified" or "that's too bi-partisan for me to back".  Mileage may vary.

Sorry if my "stranglehold" of certain issues did the "wango tango" in your brain and my "free for all" didn't upset anybody too much.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Ok, sorry if I came on a bit strong with my past few posts, some of you raised some good points.

I just responded the way I did partly due to my Aspberger's Syndrome and also due to being in a rather foul mood from being sick and barely getting any sleep last night because of it.

Been enjoying a lot of dialogue and research these past few years regarding Aspberger's due to my son's autism; you have my understanding. Smile You're a good man, Vexer. Hope you feel better.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Ted Nugent threads always end in a vale of tears.   Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:13 pm

James B. wrote:
Vexer:

I'm not trying to convert you into believing anything.

As to the protestors, in California where I lived at the time, they protested the wars way more than the man who started them.  So how else explain the lack of protest after the power lines change?
Was it war they had issue with in the first place " If not why protest it at all ?

Your failure to see anything remotely wrong with your party platform is why nothing will ever get done to help our nation solve it's problems.   Compromise and diversity is what made our nation great.  The arrogance and polarization of so many is slowly ripping it apart at the seams. Why ? Because people like you won't even consider utilizing a plan of action to benefit the populace unless it has the "proper" political affiliation attached.  Regardless of political party, I'd much rather have people making decisions with common sense than by the over educated whom dismiss alternatives due to frivolous connotations as silly as "you're not qualified" or "that's too bi-partisan for me to back".  Mileage may vary.

Sorry if my "stranglehold" of certain issues did the "wango tango" in your brain and my "free for all" didn't upset anybody too much.
Well everyone has their own definition of what a proper plan is, I don't care what political affiliation the plan has as long as it makes sense, there are some republicans I do like, mostly the moderate ones who want nothing to do with the Tea Party

Never said my platform didn't have problems, but that still doesn't mean they don't make good points.

There's no such thing as being over-educated, that's one term that makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Been enjoying a lot of dialogue and research these past few years regarding Aspberger's due to my son's autism; you have my understanding. :)You're a good man, Vexer. Hope you feel better.
Thank you for your understanding, it's one of those things you just have to take one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:44 pm

I try to keep the art and the artist separate, I'm only interested in the music.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
I try to keep the art and the artist separate, I'm only interested in the music.  
I generally try to do that myself, though it does get difficult at times.

Two of my favorite of his albums are Penetrator and Little Miss Dangerous.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Ive been a Nugent fanatic since I was a little kid and discovered Double Live Gonzo. He really hasn't released an album I don't at least like and many that I absolutely love. His last two albums have been great IMO. Craveman and Love Grenade are both stellar albums. Both have a couple of duds, but are mostly solid albums. I'm looking forward to the new CD. (Hope it will be available on vinyl.)

Painkiller wrote:
He may be a total wacko with his political views, but there are many other rock and metal musicians just as bad as him -- or worse.

That was my point as well. It's just people like to point fingers at Ted Nugent because it fits their personal or political agenda. Like I said, I don't know the man personally, but I have met him a few times and even spent a day with him. He was a perfect gentleman with us and was very kind. I don't agree with all his opinions and political views but I am a huge fan of his music. I really don't understand how people accuse him of being a hatemonger and then those same people turn around and wish death upon the man. Kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle.

Painkiller wrote:
Back on thread, I never was heavily into Ted Nugent's music, but I've always respected his style of hard rock (I don't find him any more metal than Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin). That self-titled debut album is great stuff.

Personally, I hate the history revisionism that has gone on with heavy metal over the past decade or so. Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, UFO, Aerosmith, Riot, Budgie, Deep Purple, Scorpions, Priest, Rainbow, Kiss...this was heavy metal in the 1970's.

When heavy metal was "born" it didn't have the rigid definitions people like to put on it now. These days we have guys screaming at you like drill instructor on a lazy cadet, crappy down-tuned garbage and "breakdowns" called metal, and the true innovators of heavy metal being described as "just hard rock", as if that downgrades them to something lesser than heavy metal. The fact is, heavy metal and hard rock were used interchangeably in the 1970's.

I have enough "proof" in history books, periodicals from that time, testimony from those who were metal fans in the 70's, etc. to prove the point of what is and isn't "heavy metal" in any court of law. Those who argue usually use the "in my opinion it isn't heavy enough" or "it's not as heavy as so and so" or some other personal opinion.

Here's one of my favorite definitions of heavy metal, written in 1978 by Grooves Magazine...
Heavy Metal–stacks of speakers and high voltage amps; deep, thunderous, surging sounds from the bass; screaming lead guitars emitting doomsday warnings; pumped up percussion; instruments (and minds) being demolish on stage. There is no subtlety in Heavy Metal; it's the hardest of hard rock with electric shock treatments and vibrating air churning right before your eyes.

Remember, in order to have a New Wave of Heavy Metal in the late 1970 and early 1980's, there had to be a FIRST wave. Ted Nugent was definitely part of that first wave.

From the back of Nugent's first album...
Ted Nugent is most probably the only legit metal guitar showman America has spawned in the face of the British onslaught; and Ted has been ripping apart concert halls as long as any of them.

"The madman's band is the greatest gonzoid heavy metal outfit to be found anywhere-
but anywhere-on the whole of our beleaguered planet"
-Sounds, 1978

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:41 pm

I've never heard anyone say they wished "death" on Ted, and people don't just point fingers at him because it suits their agenda.

That said I agree that the history revisionism is rather annoying, Ted was and is heavy metal.

I also disagree with modern music being "tuned-down garbage", also they don't all have screaming vocals.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
All this stupid fear-mongering "government is going to take EVERYTHING away from you" nonsense is completely ridiculous.  The REAL people you should be afraid are individuals like the Koch Brothers, i'd MUCH rather have the government take control of everything then have those money-grubbing bastards have thier way and completely remove all pollution regulations so that they can continue to destroy natural resources(and cause dozens to get sick with cancer in the process).

wow. So because you don't like them you believe the government should be able to take everything from them? No wonder people feel the way they do about government intrusion.
Um, I NEVER said that, I simply said it would be preferable then having the Koch brothers have the same and be given free freign with no regulations.

uh yes you did "i'd MUCH rather have the government take control of everything then have those money-grubbing bastards have thier way".

But that doesn't I believe they should, just that it's better then the alternative, having madmen libertarians in charge who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and only care about making as much money as possible at the expense of everyone else.

#1, you obviously don't understand what it means to be a libertarian. Your statements is 100% false. But, I can understand why - thanks to the media. All of it (FOX, CNN, MSNBC, ETC.)  are owned by the same majority stock holders. You've also been sold those lies for years about the two party system, it keeps a other political parties from gaining power when we basically have a one party system. The differences between the two parties are minimal. Both start wars, both borrow and spend, one party starts a war, the other keeps it going. One party passes the Patriot Act, the next party adds steroids to it and starts listening to every single call you make (and much, much more - just see the Snowden docs, of which les sthan 1% have been released.) Both parties keep putting the exact same people in charge of the federal reserve (just look at the past three Fed Chairpersons - one party puts someone in, the other part keeps them in.) Go read up on what Libertarians really believe. The media whould have you belive they are all "tea-bagging wackos", which is not the case.

#2, you obviously don't understand the constitution - many of the amendments are their to protect the citizens of the US from the government. 4th amendment has been so weakened during the past 10 years - Bush started to weaken in and obama swooped in to keep weakening it. The next president is just waiting to jump in and finish it off. Damn straight we need protection from the government.

And BTW - their is no difference between the Koch bros and Soros - they both have the same end goal.

End of rant.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:50 pm

I have not been sold any lies good sir, my statements about the Koch brothers are not in any way false(I'm sorry, but I can't take rabid climate-deniers seriously), and I believe it is you who does not know what it means to be a libertarian(there are some I like such as Penn Jilette)

For your information I do not even watch any of those networks that you mentioned, it is common sense that the Kochs are crooks, you don't need the media to tell you that.

Don't believe me? check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTwqkl8BqSc

The 4th Amendment has not been weakened.

Snowden is NOT the hero people claim he is, he used to be very much in favor of the very same things he came out against, and he also sold secrets to China, I'd love to hear his supporters try and defend that.

The fact that you can't see a difference between the Koch's and Soros(say what you will about Soros, but nobody has ever got cancer because of his actions, can't say the same about the Koch's) greatly disturbs me.

It is obviously you who does not understand the constitution.

Some libertarians ARE wackos, the Koch's are at the top, what other term is there for people that fund junk science to claim that global warming doesn't exist even though there's irrefutable proof that it is real.

We do not have a one-party system, that is nonsense.

I don't think we need protection from the government, I think we need protection from lunatics like Paul Ryan, Michelle Bachmann and Allen West.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Wow. Remember when we used to discuss MUSIC around here? Good times, good times.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes, and on that note I'd like to ask what you feel is ted's most underrated album?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Yes, and on that note I'd like to ask what you feel is ted's most underrated album?

(shrugs) I'm no Nuge expert (I only own a cheapie best-of from his 70s period and an "Extended Versions" by Damn Yankees) so I'll let Ult field that one...he's our resident Nuge fanboy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat May 31, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:30 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I have not been sold any lies good sir, my statements about the Koch brothers are not in any way false(I'm sorry, but I can't take rabid climate-deniers seriously), and I believe it is you who does not know what it means to be a libertarian(there are some I like such as Penn Jilette)

For your information I do not even watch any of those networks that you mentioned, it is common sense that the Kochs are crooks, you don't need the media to tell you that.

Don't believe me? check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTwqkl8BqSc

The 4th Amendment has not been weakened.

Snowden is NOT the hero people claim he is, he used to be very much in favor of the very same things he came out against, and he also sold secrets to China, I'd love to hear his supporters try and defend that.

The fact that you can't see a difference between the Koch's and Soros(say what you will about Soros, but nobody has ever got cancer because of his actions, can't say the same about the Koch's) greatly disturbs me.

It is obviously you who does not understand the constitution.

Some libertarians ARE wackos, the Koch's are at the top, what other term is there for people that fund junk science to claim that global warming doesn't exist even though there's irrefutable proof that it is real.

We do not have a one-party system, that is nonsense.

I don't think we need protection from the government, I think we need protection from lunatics like Paul Ryan, Michelle Bachmann and Allen West.

Looks like you've bought into the lies hook, line and sinker. Good luck with that - you're still asleep.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm

All right kids, that's enough. Don't make me get the fire hose.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I've never heard anyone say they wished "death" on Ted, and people don't just point fingers at him because it suits their agenda.

That said I agree that the history revisionism is rather annoying, Ted was and is heavy metal.

I also disagree with modern music being "tuned-down garbage", also they don't all have screaming vocals.

Sorry Vex, wasn't talking about you directly. I've seen it from many people though.

But yes, many people do point fingers at him because they have a political agenda.

Let me clarify, I wasn't talking about all modern music, I was talking about metalcore mostly. It's suddenly become the cool thing to say that you are "metal" rather than calling it metalcore. I was speaking to the guitarist from one band that was trying to get people to check out his band. When I asked what type of music they play he said, "it's just metal." I replied, "oh so then like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden?" The reply back was, "no, it's metal, not classic rock."

I've argued with metalcore fans that say bands like Saxon and Judas Priest are "just hard rock" because they aren't as heavy as As I Lay Dying or some other band with a sentence for a name.

Last edited by ultmetal on Sat May 31, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 9:11 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

If You Can't Lick 'Em-Lick 'Em, followed closely by Nugent, Craveman and Love Grenade.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Sorry Vex, wasn't talking about you directly. I've seen it from many people though.

But yes, many people do point fingers at him because they have a political agenda.

Let me clarify, I wasn't talking about all modern music, I was talking about metalcore mostly. It's suddenly become the cool thing to say that you are "metal" rather than calling it metalcore. I was speaking to the guitarist from one band that was trying to get people to check out his band. When I asked what type of music they play he said, "it's just metal." I replied, "oh so then like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden?" The reply back was, "no, it's metal, not classic rock."

I've argued with metalcore fans that say bands like Saxon and Judas Priest are "just hard rock" because they aren't as heavy as As I Lay Dying or some other band with a sentence for a name.

Yeah I think wishing death on Ted is a bit much, as much as I disagree with him sometimes I wouldn't go that far.

I know some Metalcore fans can be quite annoying like that, I personally enjoy those types of bands, but their fanbase does sadly seem quite ignorant at times wit statements like the one you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:58 pm

Lovecraft wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

Yeah I think wishing death on Ted is a bit much, as much as I disagree with him sometimes I wouldn't go that far.

Just last week a guy on Facebook questioned my faith because I like Nugent's music and because I eat meat. His agenda is animal rights, as he's a hardcore vegan. He talked about how hateful Ted was and how he and I were "devils" because we "eat lives". He also said he couldn't wait for Ted's death and he will celebrate and dance upon his demise.

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:11 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:40 pm

Painkiller wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Just last week a guy on Facebook questioned my faith because I like Nugent's music and because I eat meat. His agenda is animal rights, as he's a hardcore vegan. He talked about how hateful Ted was and how he and I were "devils" because we "eat lives". He also said he couldn't wait for Ted's death and he will celebrate and dance upon his demise.
Sounds like Ted Nugent's trolling was a success. Very Happy

Some animal rights people are f**king lunatics! Just ask Glen Benton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next