Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Nugent protest?

Go down 
+19
Thrasher73
ultmetal
mlotek
martinsane
Thelemech
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
deathisgain
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
mc666
Glower
tohostudios
Boris2008
BillRoxx
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Ted Nugent protest? Empty
PostSubject: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Did this really happen? Thoughts?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-nugent-county-fair-protest/
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Laughing very hard

That is all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Yeah I believe it. 

This is the same state that elected former pro-wrestler Jesse Ventura governor and former SNL "comedian" Al Franken as senator so nothing from Minnesota surprises me. 

I'm not totally down with all the crap that comes out of Nugent's mouth either but this kind of reaction at a county fair from this state doesn't surprise me at all.

To me it's a case of "Left-wing nutjobs meet right-wing nutjob"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 pm

I do believe in free speech - lol - Motormouth City madman !
My older brother saw him in concert a few years back....
I was surprised...and he's a police officer...
Nugent came out on stage with a gun in each hand...or something like that....NRA for sure.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm surprised anyone gives a crap about Nugent one way or another. Or his political opinions anyway.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 pm

I like Ted Nugent's music but hate his politics. The way I would protest is with my wallet, I just do not go to a Nugent show, I do not wish to hear him spew his right wing rhetoric, but I still enjoy his music.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 9:25 pm

I totally agree with both points above.

The thing that amazes me is that anyone anywhere gives a rat's ass that Nugent is performing at some third-rate county fair.  The only thing protesting that performance does is draw attention to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 8:05 am

The guy is a full-on dickhead and I take offence to your comments, Toho.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:00 am

And the point of this was what exactly?

Some protesters made some polite noise, Ted still played and life as we know it still carries on.

Remember when folks would stand outside Ozzy concerts, protesting and handing out leaflets. They were good times, huh?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:58 am

I like Ted's music but couldn't care less about his politics. And any place that would elect my man Jesse Ventura is alright by me. Who wouldn't want this guy in charge ? Laughing

Ted Nugent protest? Jesse-the-body-ventura-promo
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm

“brain-fried subhuman mongrels” - sounds like a good name for a band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:58 pm

deathisgain wrote:

It would be tough to fit all that on a concert t-shirt though...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Small font. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 3:16 pm

I'm still trying to work out which i care less about. Ted Nugent or a Minnesota state fair? surprised

It's pretty close!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 4:01 pm

I am not american nor do i know much about him. Is he really a racist?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I'm not exactly sure where you are from but Ted probably wants to bomb you! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Gilbert wrote:

At the very least, he's....controversial.

He posts weird things on Facebook and stuff. Posts and comments that lead me personally to answer you question with a 'yes, he is.'

Others might interpret things differently. You can google "Ted Nugent racist" and a whole bunch of articles will come up and, if inclined, you can take a look and see what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:42 pm

manny wrote:
I like Ted Nugent's music but hate his politics. The way I would protest is with my wallet, I just do not go to a Nugent show, I do not wish to hear him spew his right wing rhetoric, but I still enjoy his music.
Same here, I like his music but Ted is completely clueless when it comes to politics(same with Dave Mustaine), so I simply do not buy any of his CDs(at least not new, I have no objection to anyone getting them secondhand, at least that way no money goes to him).

I was pretty sad to see some actors that I was a fan of at the RNC saying unbelievably stupid crap(Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr), i'll still watch their films(either rented from the library or bought secondhand) but I no longer respect them.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I'm not exactly sure where you are from but Ted probably wants to bomb you! Shocked
Well one of the members of his band was black for what that's worth. Half the time I can't tell if actually means what he says, or he just likes saying controversial things for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Nugent has always been a clueless prick, but a fine guitar player.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Nugent has always been a clueless prick, but a fine guitar player.
True, unfortunately I now also have to say the same thing about L.A. Guns vocalist Phil Lewis after his racist comments about black musicians being "one-dimensional" in the wake of Prince's death, guess that's one more artist i'm not giving any money.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Hahaha that would be so ignorant of him. A big mistake is to think that anyone from the middle east is a muslim bearded arab and an anti-american Laughing

Well i would love to tell ted that i am a middle eastern catholic who fights every day so that christianity doesn't leave this land. So i guess we have the same enemy after all Smile
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 12:26 am

deathisgain wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Small font. Wink

Or an acronym

B.F.S.H.M.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 3:25 am

Gilbert wrote:

what if he is / was racist ?
how does that affect you ?,
Why is it that nobody asks if black rappers advocating violence against whites ask if they are "racist".
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 4:17 am

mlotek wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

what if he is / was racist ?
how does that affect you ?,
Why is it that nobody asks if black rappers advocating violence against whites ask if they are "racist".
People have every right to not support someone if they find a person's beliefs offensive. Would you really hold it against someone if they didn't want to buy any of Lostprophets CDs after what their lead singer did?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent protest?   Ted Nugent protest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Nugent protest?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next