Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam

Go down 
+22
Lovecraft
MetallicSeminarian
exact33
James B.
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Vexer6
assault_attack
ultmetal
Eyesore
tohostudios
DakotaRogers
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Just last week a guy on Facebook questioned my faith because I like Nugent's music and because I eat meat. His agenda is animal rights, as he's a hardcore vegan. He talked about how hateful Ted was and how he and I were "devils" because we "eat lives". He also said he couldn't wait for Ted's death and he will celebrate and dance upon his demise.
Sounds like Ted Nugent's trolling was a success. Very Happy

Some animal rights people are f**king lunatics! Just ask Glen Benton
Who's Glen Blenton?

Not all animal rights people are lunatics, though PETA most certainly are, they are truly insane.

The TV show "Penn and Teller BS" did an episode about PETA, and it was revealed that they had ties to the ALF(Animal Liberation Front, a radical group known for arsonist attacks on animal testing facilities) and that despite their hardline stance against animal cruelty(even going so far as to being against people having animals as pets, and of course you can't forget they're hilariously stupid rants against Pokemon becuase it's "promoting animal cruelty"), PETA themselves had killed(or as they put it "euthanized") hundreds of animals, which made them look like complete hypocrites.

The American Humane Society are much more reasonable by comparison.

I have no beef(no pun intended) with vegetarians whatsoever as long as they don't try to demonize people like myself who actually do eat meat without feeling guilty about it.

I'm all for animal rights, but some people take it way too far.

That guy on Facebook does sound insane, the animal activists I know by comparison are very nice people who wouldn't harm a fly.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Just last week a guy on Facebook questioned my faith because I like Nugent's music and because I eat meat. His agenda is animal rights, as he's a hardcore vegan. He talked about how hateful Ted was and how he and I were "devils" because we "eat lives". He also said he couldn't wait for Ted's death and he will celebrate and dance upon his demise.
Sounds like Ted Nugent's trolling was a success. Very Happy

Some animal rights people are f**king lunatics! Just ask Glen Benton
Who's Glen Blenton?

Not all animal rights people are lunatics, though PETA most certainly are, they are truly insane.

The TV show "Penn and Teller BS" did an episode about PETA, and it was revealed that they had ties to the ALF(Animal Liberation Front, a radical group known for arsonist attacks on animal testing facilities) and that despite their hardline stance against animal cruelty(even going so far as to being against people having animals as pets, and of course you can't forget they're hilariously stupid rants against Pokemon becuase it's "promoting animal cruelty"), PETA themselves had killed(or as they put it "euthanized") hundreds of animals, which made them look like complete hypocrites.

The American Humane Society are much more reasonable by comparison.

I have no beef(no pun intended) with vegetarians whatsoever as long as they don't try to demonize people like myself who actually do eat meat without feeling guilty about it.

I'm all for animal rights, but some people take it way too far.

That guy on Facebook does sound insane, the animal activists I know by comparison are very nice people who wouldn't harm a fly.

PETA's new campaign, linking autism to dairy, has really got me burned for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:25 am

Let's just agree to disagree here. No one is gonna convince the other to change sides and like a few have mentioned before both parties have their faults and whack jobs!So Vexer,You're a metal brother and I hope you have no ill feelings toward me.I know we can find plenty other things in common.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:31 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Let's just agree to disagree here. No one is gonna convince the other to change sides and like a few have mentioned before both parties have their faults and whack jobs!So Vexer,You're a metal brother and I hope you have no ill feelings toward me.I know we can find plenty other things in common.
Ok fair enough, and for future reference, I don't really classify myself as liberal or conservative, as there are certain things I agree and disagree with from both parties, I guess you could say i'm moderate or independent.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:09 am

I'm a progressive. Lots of conservative friends I talk to like to throw bunny ears around that for some reason, but whatever, the nation needs change. I tend to side with libertarian views like Joker's, but some conservative and some liberal viewpoints apply. I'm also open-minded--as I get older, perspective is going to mature, and overconfidence is part of man's ruin. Better to evolve than to chide with stagnation. Plus I just don't trust politicians or cheer them on, and I don't trust the government...I simply don't have intimate ties with the system and its members to contain true knowledge of their intentions, and so far those intentions are looking pretty sour. I also trust no media outlet. None of these people have done anything to earn my trust. Anyway, I used to be a hardcore conservative, but saw things in my own party that I thought lacked common sense and intelligence. The liberal party tends to be greatly arbitrary with their arguments as well, and both ignore important elephants in the room that should have been addressed decades ago. The one thing I did grow tired of, however, and what still gets under my skin, is all the excessively repetitive bumper-sticker rhetoric that seems to be uttered with such a heightened sense of smug sarcasm and carries no further argumentative reasoning. They're nothing but bad cliches, and both parties need to really, really, really rethink how to communicate their ideas without sounding like a broken record of bad music.

All that to say, I understand why one has problems with Nugent. His vitriol is highly, shall we say, creative, and fuels said public rhetoric ad nauseam. In wishing for him to express humility for his rants, it's difficult to hear the same sort of confidence in his music, even though he's not expressing any politics whatsoever. So it's a loose connection, if anything. Yet I enjoy his music quite a bit. Those first five albums are 70's gold, and he has one of the greatest live albums I've ever listened to, so my preference is to separate the two as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:24 am

Ok enough!!!

We start fighting with each other over politics, we are no better then the tools in Washington who got us in all these messes in the first place.

Right, left, conservative, liberal, these are just words used to divide people, when in reality, what people are need of is dialogue. Pointing fingers is fun, but its unproductive.

As far as Ted Nugent, IMO its not that Nugent's a conservative that makes people angry, its just that he says stupid shit. I do not agree with his politics whatsoever, my personally politically views are more in lean with liberal stance for lack of a better world ( I support gay rights, abortion rights etc) but just because I do not agree with them, does not mean I should not listen to their music or not be their friend.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:32 am

Apologies if my wording came across as hostile. I just wanted to establish my platform. :-)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:45 pm

This thread has really gone down the pathway to absurdity. As for Ted Nugent, I like his music (don't own anything by him though), have seen him twice in concert, and think a new album from him is great.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Now I don't want to put too much tention between me and you liberals around here. Most of you have been wonderful people to deal with (Manny, Uncle Saxon, Spectrefate, etc.) and have shown me that we can co-exist peacefully by staying away from political debates (though it was a little rough in the beginning). But the demonization of conservatives has gotten so out of hand these days that I just can't stand for it anymore. Sometimes a man just has to stand up for his values even though it might cause problems with others.

I've been away from the board for a few days and apparently missed some BIG FUN. I've never taken the sensible course of avoiding political debate, so I won't make an exception here. A few points that seemed worth bringing up and weren't touched on (that I saw):

-DB is absolutely right. The notion of being "Conservative" is becoming so dirty in our culture that to say someone is in the Tea Party is almost an ad hominem attack. Seriously? This is a group that started over increases in taxation that were pissing people off. Who can fail to understand why that would torque people off? It could be argued that it has since been co-opted by moneyed interests, but the same can be said about Occupy since it ended up being the Obama re-election campaign after starting as "we need to ditch the status quo."

-I'm going to sort of offer a flimsy pseudo-apology to the liberal-leaning on the board for this because I know it's not an all/nothing ratio, but the public face of liberalism has completely jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned. Most conservative arguments seem to really boil down to, "I don't give a rat's about X and I'm not going to let you tax me to pay for it." Fair enough. You can call that person a jerk, but clearly X is not in their scheme of value and they don't want to have money taken away from their interests to pay for it. That's a pretty fixed, logical argument. You either convince them otherwise or you have to accept that they don't and won't care about whatever X is. Even that's an over-simplification as sometimes the issue isn't with X, but the way in which X is being addressed.

-On the other hand, the liberal side (again, PUBLICLY, not down to every single individual) seems to involve this bizarre, guilt-ridden, fact-devoid culture of these weird groups of victims who need to be saved (they have been saved enough, for the most part, thank you very much) from invisible oppressors who are largely people who are struggling to get by. Most of the "projects" they seem to push are these pie-in-the-sky things like, "Wouldn't it be nice if healthcare, college, etc. were all free?" Funny thing, they seldom seem to have real ideas as to how to wrangle up the money for it, assuming it will just appear and nobody will feel the pinch. Wave goodbye to reality on this front. Lest we forget, there are equally rich and detached interests pushing the Dems and most of their agendas and all of those folks at the top seem to get along just fine outside of their poo flinging when it's time to politically grand-stand.

-Look at the old liberal/conservative dichotomy. In the old days, it was a Conservative culture that passed harsh laws to punish any sign of lack of patriotism, drug use, etc. That was the steamroller of government and it mostly bore down on youth culture in a reactionary way. Now, you have this pseudo-liberal prevailing wind that attempts to court the youth culture without actually doing it. Sure, we have politicians who admit to puffing a joint, but they don't relax the drug laws. Re-election looming? Come out in support of gay marriage after years of silence on the subject and claim you changed your mind. Now, the harsh and repressive laws are all in the name of "public good," "tolerance," etc. It's nebulous, can't be tied to anything, and speaking strictly for myself, it's $#@#ing scary! I mean, if people will buy the notion of robbing some of freedom because they're the wrong group or think the wrong thing, that seems a little regressive, doesn't it? And yet, that is the prevailing wind among liberal friends of mine when things that trip on their pet issues come up. The ends justify the means, regardless of what those means are. You can't get very far in a democratic (sorry, republic) society with that kind of mentality. Before you know what's happened, you'll have cannibalized freedoms in the name of easy answers and we're starting to get there. I can't say I blame people for being torqued off and reactionary to it. Problem really is, it's not about there being a Democrat in the white house. It was the same crap under Bush. This is a systemic problem and the big failing of the Nugents is that they're blaming one side of the coin.

Full disclosure, I'm Libertarian leaning because I can't see much sense in either left or right and their major party representation. Both sides seem to want to force people to live in some proscribed manner and that ethically really sets me on edge. It doesn't help me in any way that most of the policies both sides put in place seem to make a handful of people very rich (see Green Energy and for-profit prisons for striking examples on BOTH sides).

This is a simplification, but I didn't want to write a novel here. I'm sure I'll have to refine a few points going forward, but it's worthy pointing out that even people who come off as wing-nuts like Nugent and Mustaine are coming from a place where to have any view not EXACTLY in keeping with the prevailing cultural wind already marks you as an extremist. Being a bit pissed off and extreme in turn may not be the right answer, but it's certainly understandable.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:24 am

All interesting but we got off the topic about Nugent's new album ( I am guilty of doing this myself) I am locking up this thread and throwing away the key
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5