Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam

Go down 
+22
Lovecraft
MetallicSeminarian
exact33
James B.
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Vexer6
assault_attack
ultmetal
Eyesore
tohostudios
DakotaRogers
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Ted Nugent is a stage character, just as Alice Cooper is a stage character.  These are roles that people play for various reasons.  It doesn't mean Ted or Alice are like this as real people.

However, I personally wish artists would keep their controversial opinions to themselves - it makes business sense for them to do so.  Why eliminate half or your audience?

I must admit that it amuses me to no end to hear liberals complain about conservative musicians - I mean how many openly conservative popular entertainers are there?  You can count them on one hand.  
I think they have every right to complain when the comments they make are incredibly insensitive and disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Ted Nugent is a stage character, just as Alice Cooper is a stage character.  These are roles that people play for various reasons.  It doesn't mean Ted or Alice are like this as real people.

However, I personally wish artists would keep their controversial opinions to themselves - it makes business sense for them to do so.  Why eliminate half or your audience?

I must admit that it amuses me to no end to hear liberals complain about conservative musicians - I mean how many openly conservative popular entertainers are there?  You can count them on one hand.  
I think they have every right to complain when the comments they make are incredibly insensitive and disgusting.

Who ever said you had no right to complain?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
It's really hard to get into the music knowing what a shit-heel Ted Nugent is.
Yeah, I can enjoy the music well enough, though I think Ted should heed the words of the album title and shut his mouth and jam. When it comes to politics especially it's painfully obvious he has no effing clue what he's talking about.

I think he knows exactly what he's talking about. Whether you or I agree with him on those opinions is a different story.

I've met Ted several times. Spent a whole day with him once. He was a total gentleman the entire day. He talked music, old times, politics, and everything else under the sun with us. We ate shrimp gumbo together. He handed me all sorts of "stuff", including a drum head he had the band sign, a set list from the show that he signed himself and a bunch of guitar picks. He sat for an hour signing all the crap my buddy and I brought along to have signed and reminisced about different albums as he signed them. He was particularly taken back by the Japanese pressing of the first Amboy Dukes album. Had a big old smile on his face. I snapped a picture of that. When he got on stage though, woaaahhh Nelly, that's when the loudmouth came out. Haha!
Well I have to disagree there, I think he's very much clueless in that area, he's also very unprofessional by making disgusting comments like telling Hilary Clinton to "suck on his machine gun"

He's also comes across as a hypocrite by attacking people for being against the war when he himself was a draft dodger for the Vietnam War.

His insensitive comments about mass-shootings and gun control also piss me off.

Don't get me wrong I like his music(at least when it's not a creepy lyrical subject like "Jailbait"), but I think he'd be more well liked if he stopped talking about politics, besides I don't think his fans are really interested in that sort of thing anyways.

And I wish Bruce Springsteen would stop spewing his liberal crap during concerts.  Does that make me throw out my Springsteen albums and disown him? No, because I can separate the man's politics from his music. 

In the end, I totally agree with Witchfinder; musicians should shut up about politics and do what they do, at least in concert.  I'm OK with musicians expressing their political views in interviews but when I go to a show, I don't want to be preached at and I don't care whether it's the left or right doing the preaching.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Please, I beg everyone here to abstain from usage of the word "preachy" for the rest of this thread...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:17 pm

I didn't say "preachy"; I used other forms of the word.  Very Happy

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I didn't say "preachy"; I used other forms of the word.  Very Happy

lol Not you Toho I was just begging everyone in general. I feel it comin'... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

I hate Ted Nugent's politics, and even if I agreed with them, he should say them so he does not sound like a douche bag.

That being said, I am still a major Ted Nugent fan, sadly thou I think his stature as a metal/hard rock legend has been hurt because of his various statements on all sorts of things in the last 20 years. Judging him by his music alone, the man has made a huge impact, and thou to some he is not a heavy metal artist, he certainly was considered one in the 70's.

The guy has an excellent tone on his guitar, plays with the energy of some meth headed hopped up on cocaine.

My only complaint about the announcement of his new album, is who greenlighted such a shitty cover?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:46 pm

I get tired of hearing people complain about Nug being a "draft dodger" as if that diminishes his opinion on supporting the troops now. That was well over 40 years ago. What person hasn't grown up, matured, changed ideals, etc. in that amount of time? What person didn't do something incredibly stupid when they were a teenager?

If someone was a drug addict as a younger person, does that mean they have no right to speak out about drug addiction years and decades later?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Here are the facts about Ted's draft status:

An analysis of Ted Nugent's Selective Service classification record doesn't prove or disprove either version of the story. He did indeed receive a high school student deferment (1-S) in 1967 and then (as he stated) a college student deferment (2-S) in 1968. However, he was reclassified as "available for military service" (1-A) in 1969 and then subsequently rejected as a result of a physical examination and given a 1-Y classification.
(The 1-Y classification denoted persons "qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency" and was generally assigned to registrants who had exhibited medical conditions that were limiting but not disabling.) After the 1-Y classification was eliminated by the Selective Service at the end of 1971, Nugent was reclassified as 4-F ("registrant not qualified for any military service").
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugent.asp#6v7okRuhmM5IM2GS.99
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:03 pm

I'd dodge it. Buy my record.  Razz lol! 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/horrifying-song-ted-nugent-released-1981-nobody-seems-talking-video/

Infinite proof that Ted Nugent is a worthless human...no guitar playing skills make up for that.
I wouldn't call him "worthless"(I reserve that label for true low-lifes like the Koch brothers), but he is an idiot about a lot of things, and while he claims to believe in god, many of his actions are not very "Christian" at all.

I'm guessing this was supposed to go in the Nugent thread. Anyway, I will say that, yeah, Jailbait is almost equal to a Mentors song. Okay, well not quite, but it is disgusting.

Kiss wrote Christine Sixteen, Aerosmith wrote Jailbait, the Beatles wrote I Saw Her Standing There. That's not to mention that Steve Tyler, Bill Wyman, Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, David Bowie, among many others rock stars had notorious relationships with young teen girls. Unfortunately, and though it's disgusting, in the 1960s through the mid-1980's it was almost accepted that rock stars dated young girls. Anyone remember the movie "Almost Famous"? It was about this very thing. Anyone read Pamela Des Barres' memoirs? It's all about her exploits as a well-known teenage groupie and the rock stars she slept with and dated.

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Teen-main

I say all that to say, it amazes me that people only seem to point out that Nugent was with young girls in the 1970's when it was disgustingly and shockingly common in that era.

Also, nobody seems to point out that he's been married to the same woman since 1989.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri May 30, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:23 am

What Ted stands for is your God given American Freedom.Anyone who has a problem with that whether they be liberal,conservative or middle of the road,there's something wrong there.I hate bringing up politics because I learned a long time ago there's two things you don't talk about with friends,one is politics,the other religion.But I do know that people hold conservatives to a higher standard than they do liberals.Ok,carry on with the music discussion. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:54 am

Whatever the case may be it still dosen't make Ted sound like any less of a hypocrite to me, and besides, you can still support the troops without supporting the war itself.  

I most certainly did not support the Iraq war, I and many others thought it was a colossal mistake that never should've never happened, but nevertheless I supported the men and women in uniform who were shipped out to fight for ouw country.

To me Ted dosen't stand for "god-given freedom"(a statement which I find is way overused by the Tea Party), to me he stands for everything that's wrong with Republicans today, with their sexist, homophobic and racist white supremacist ideals that I find incredibly disturbing.

I have good reason to hold conservatives to a higher standard, as from my experiences they tend to preach hatred and ignorance much more often then anyone else.

In general i'm not a fan of "having sex with underage girls" being used as lyrical subject matter, it just comes across as creepy to me, and I can't blame others for feeling the same way.  Just becuase it was "accepted" back then dosen't make it OK in my eyes.

Ted's way of getting out of Vietnam is kind of funny(and gross) actually, he constantly drank coke and stopped going to the bathroom for several days so that he would deliberately fail his army physical.

Don't really see anything wrong with Bruce Springsteen's lyrics at all, don't see how it's "liberal crap" in the least, at least he dosen't preach hatred.

I can seperate the music from his lyrics most of the time, I just think Ted needs someone to tell him when to tone it down once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:44 am

A wise man once said:

"I'm not anti-Reagan,
Reagan's anti-me.
I'm not anti-anything,
I just wanna be free."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Vexer6,
please note that I did NOT say, "because it was accepted back then that it is ok." In fact, I said quite the opposite; disgusting and shocking.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to constantly point this out about Ted Nugent, while they are wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt or rocking to some Rolling Stones or Beatles. It was rampant and a disgusting trait of rock and roll in general at the time.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Because Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler never claimed to be men representing family values, happy pie and that people should live life as they do, where Nugent has.

Yes Ted Nugent has been married to the same woman since 1989, but it did not stop him from fathering a child during this happy marriage with another woman, and was forced to pay child support when he contested this and later it was proved he was the father.

Most rock stars are up front about their debauchery and lack of moral compass.

Of course this has nothing to do with Nugent's music, which I am still a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6,
please note that I did NOT say, "because it was accepted back then that it is ok." In fact, I said quite the opposite; disgusting and shocking.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to constantly point this out about Ted Nugent, while they are wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt or rocking to some Rolling Stones or Beatles. It was rampant and a disgusting trait of rock and roll in general at the time.
I know all about Jimmy Page's little excurcisions with that 14-year old as well, I read about that on "Cracked".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:07 am

Quote :
I have good reason to hold conservatives to a higher standard, as from my experiences they tend to preach hatred and ignorance much more often then anyone else.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

BULL Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 288219 ! I've heard some of the most hateful, disrespectful, downright despicable vitriol from liberals moreso that conservatives. Most "hate" speech attributed to conservatives are either misquotes, out of context soundbites, or downright slanderous lies. I don't normally speak politics because I don't want that kind of riff between me and others. But I am sick and tired of my side of politics getting stuck with titles like racist, fascist, homophobes, etc. Are conservatives totally blameless and pure? Of course not! They're human flawed human beings that make mistakes like anyone else. However, liberals all too often seem to overlook the far left radicals of their side. Like that one recent shooting done by that white supremacist. The guy was a loyal democrat and outspoken anti-Semite but you never hear about that. However, if the guy was a tea party member (which is NOT an actual party but a series of grassroot groups that were tired of their values not being represented in political speech) it would be all over the news.

Now I don't want to put too much tention between me and you liberals around here. Most of you have been wonderful people to deal with (Manny, Uncle Saxon, Spectrefate, etc.) and have shown me that we can co-exist peacefully by staying away from political debates (though it was a little rough in the beginning). But the demonization of conservatives has gotten so out of hand these days that I just can't stand for it anymore. Sometimes a man just has to stand up for his values even though it might cause problems with others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:28 am

Well said DB!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:08 am

lol SD would've had this thread locked down on page one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:14 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:33 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

BULL Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 288219 ! I've heard some of the most hateful, disrespectful, downright despicable vitriol from liberals moreso that conservatives. Most "hate" speech attributed to conservatives are either misquotes, out of context soundbites, or downright slanderous lies. I don't normally speak politics because I don't want that kind of riff between me and others. But I am sick and tired of my side of politics getting stuck with titles like racist, fascist, homophobes, etc. Are conservatives totally blameless and pure? Of course not! They're human flawed human beings that make mistakes like anyone else. However, liberals all too often seem to overlook the far left radicals of their side. Like that one recent shooting done by that white supremacist. The guy was a loyal democrat and outspoken anti-Semite but you never hear about that. However, if the guy was a tea party member (which is NOT an actual party but a series of grassroot groups that were tired of their values not being represented in political speech) it would be all over the news.

Now I don't want to put too much tention between me and you liberals around here. Most of you have been wonderful people to deal with (Manny, Uncle Saxon, Spectrefate, etc.) and have shown me that we can co-exist peacefully by staying away from political debates (though it was a little rough in the beginning). But the demonization of conservatives has gotten so out of hand these days that I just can't stand for it anymore. Sometimes a man just has to stand up for his values even though it might cause problems with others.
It's not "BS" at all, in my personal experiences I've NEVER heard any liberal say ANYTHING as revolting, disgusting, repulsive and sickening as someone like say Rush Limbaugh or Pat Robertson, those sick bastards can go to hell for all I care angry 

I'm not saying all republicans are like that, there are some moderate and reasonable ones that I like.

But unfortunately the conservative movement has been almost completely hijacked by all those wackjobs in the Tea Party, that's one group that to me stands for everything that's wrong with America today.

I honestly don't know of any far left "radicals", and besides right-wing radicals are talked about more because of how much more well-known they are, because of the sheer amount of hatred in everything they say, and thanks to Faux News they have a vehicle to spread they're lies and propaganda to everyone who will listen.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:27 am

Faux news? Hmm, And then there's the rest of the news channels that cater to the liberals.
The Tea Party isn't what's wrong with America,it's the current Administration and all their sheep that want the Government to take care of them and hand them everything.Just remember,A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it all away.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:06 am

(Sigh) Why does every thread about Ted Nugent turn into a political pissing contest?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:06 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Faux news? Hmm, And then there's the rest of the news channels that cater to the liberals.
The Tea Party isn't what's wrong with America,it's the current Administration and all their sheep that want the Government to take care of them and hand them everything.Just remember,A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it all away.
No channel has spread more lies and half-truths as much as Faux does.

The Tea Party absolutely IS what's wrong with America, NOT the current administration.  The TPers preach hatred, ignorance, misogyny(calling Wendy Davis an "abortion Barbie", seriously how effing disgusting and sickening is that angry ), racism, sexism, homophobia and a crapton of other negative things.

People aren't "sheep" that "want the government to take care of them" , that's competely and utterly asinine.

All this stupid fear-mongering "government is going to take EVERYTHING away from you" nonsense is completely ridiculous.  The REAL people you should be afraid are individuals like the Koch Brothers, i'd MUCH rather have the government take control of everything then have those money-grubbing bastards have thier way and completely remove all pollution regulations so that they can continue to destroy natural resources(and cause dozens to get sick with cancer in the process).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam   Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted Nugent - Shutup&Jam
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next