Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats

Go down 
+24
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Highway Star
HeavyThrashhead
Mac & Cheese
Dark Horseman
kethdredd
martinsane
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
Crasher
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
mikeinfla
Glower
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mlotek
scottmitchell74
exact33
Eyesore
tohostudios
MoonChild
glassprison
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Glower wrote:

Breuer is absolutely hilarious. I swear, if he wasn't so funny looking he'd be a lot more popular. Haha. He's actually got a metal album coming out at some point. Supposedly it's not goofball stuff, but a real-deal metal album.

And speaking of him, check out his More Than Me documentary. It's a really great, heartwarming film.

Breuer was on MLB Network today and he had the hosts of MLB Tonight in stitches after the Astros beat the Yankees. He compared the 'stros to New Jersey bears. When your kid says "Dad there are bears in the front yard" and you say "Don't worry, they'll go away soon. Except the next thing you know they're eating Mark Teixiera" (followed by Breuer standing up and making snarling noises like a bear tearing away at meat).

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:28 pm

BTW, I think during my upcoming vacation I'm going to make a "Best Of AC/DC Clones".  Off the top of my head, these are the bands I'm going to include:

Rhino Bucket
Sin/City
Hardbone
Broken Teeth
Johnny Crash (both versions)
Sideburn
Boned
Bullet
Four Wheel Drive

That's a boatload already.  Who am I missing (assuming I have it)?

Last edited by tohostudios on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Heard this band on Justified last week.

Not quite copycats, but very similar.

Thanks for the tip!  I've been waiting for their next album.  I love "From The Flames". 

Listening to the samples though this new one sounds different.  "FTF" sounded more like Bad Company meets Grand Funk with some Cry Of Love thrown in.

Regardless I'm going to buy this download immediately.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 pm

BONED! Good one, Toho. Even stole the font.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 7:17 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
BONED!  Good one, Toho.  Even stole the font.

So did Sin/City (and the logo to boot):

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Rose Tattoo kinda has an AC/DC vibe... Cinderella has alot of songs that sound like AC/DC...Britny Fox also has alot of AC/DC style in the first 2 albums...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, I think during my upcoming vacation I'm going to make a "Best Of AC/DC Clones".  Off the top of my head, these are the bands I'm going to include:

Rhino Bucket
Sin/City
Hardbone
Broken Teeth
Johnny Crash (both versions)
Sideburn
Boned
Bullet
Four Wheel Drive

That's a boatload already.  Who am I missing (assuming I have it)?

You gotta have Airbourne in that mix.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

I knew I was forgetting someone!

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:14 pm

While most of their material doesn't sound like AC/DC, this song by Masters Of Reality has a perfect "clone riff" to kick off the tune.  Also, I think Bon Scott would approve of these lyrics...

"Got myself a hatchet, going to lay these woods to waste"..

and

"Sugar girl I wanna piece of that stuff.  Going out of my skin and I'm down on my luck.  Sugar girl knocks me offa my feet.  Yeah the price is high but the candy's sweet."  

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:17 pm

I actually have that song somewhere.  What album was that originally on?  I thought it was Sunrise On The Sufferbus because I know I have that but I see it's not on there.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually have that song somewhere.  What album was that originally on?  I thought it was Sunrise On The Sufferbus because I know I have that but I see it's not on there.

The s/t album, also known as The Blue Garden album because of the cover art. It's the only MoR I have.

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:35 pm

That debut Masters of Reality album is one of my favorites from the decade. Like a refreshing trip back to the 70s in the height of the overly-polished 80s.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 5:01 pm

And I agree that riff is AC/DC-like

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

S.D. wrote:
That debut Masters of Reality album is one of my favorites from the decade.  Like a refreshing trip back to the 70s in the height of the overly-polished 80s.  

Yea, I dig that album. I've been on the look-out for their other stuff, but I guess it's out-of-print, judging by some of the prices I've seen.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 11:14 am

Well, I created my AC/DC clones album yesterday.  361 tracks by:

Airbourne
Bonafide
Boned
Broken Teeth
Bullet
Hardbone
Johnny Crash (UK)
Johnny Crash (DEU)
New American Shame
Rhino Bucket
Sideburn
SinCity
The Upper Crust

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm

great stuff there toho!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 am

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned yet. Dynamite, from Sweden.

I picked up their disc over the weekend. The singer kinda switches between Brian Johnson and Bon Scott from song to song. Decent enough AC/DC worship. You can listen to the whole Blackout Station album from 2014 here...

I believe this is their 2nd album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm

That first song - sounds entirely worth that cd - happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 4:17 pm

For the longest time, I generally dismissed many of the AC/DC-like bands out there with the attitude of "If I wanted to hear AC/DC, I'll play AC/DC". That attitude is all but gone these days. Really been digging '77 lately.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 5:42 pm

'77 is one of the best clones out there IMO.  I think my favorite track is Big Smoker Pig.

I hope that's not the video you posted but for some reason all of a sudden today I can't see any YouTube videos on the board so I don't know.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 12:20 am

tohostudios wrote:

I hope that's not the video you posted but for some reason all of a sudden today I can't see any YouTube videos on the board so I don't know.

that's effected me as well. i wonder what's causing that?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 3:50 am

I dont have any issues with videos............ still visible and playing good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:07 am

Wurthless wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

that's effected me as well. i wonder what's causing that?

Same here. Logged in through my desktop computer, no videos appear. However, if I look through my iphone, the videos are there. WTF?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:21 am

The same video problem is happening to me. FF is looking into it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 10:24 am

It's not just happening at this board either.

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next