Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats

Go down 
+24
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Highway Star
HeavyThrashhead
Mac & Cheese
Dark Horseman
kethdredd
martinsane
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
Crasher
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
mikeinfla
Glower
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mlotek
scottmitchell74
exact33
Eyesore
tohostudios
MoonChild
glassprison
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Kix's Monkey Business has a serious AC/DC sound to it.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Great thread! Running Wild was the first that came to my mind. I love their sound, even though they are so AC/DC-like.

Here's the "Christian" AC/DC

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:10 pm

What was the Australian or New Zealand hard rock/metal band that had only one hit video song in the 1990s?
In the video, it was mainly only the singer with his shirt off, singing into the camera outside.
I always missed getting the band name when on TV.
Nobody else I knew liked them, they thought they were an AC/DC ripoff, but even simpler.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Kix's Monkey Business has a serious AC/DC sound to it.

I've always thought Kix had some AC/DC vibe and you're right, this one especially does.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:41 pm

I've got so many albums by bands like these; I know I'm forgetting some.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:43 pm

MoonChild wrote:

The Angels

The Angels can be an AC/DC-type band but they are by no means a clone band; some of their stuff is closer to Springsteen than AC/DC while other stuff is way more punkish than AC/DC ever was.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Vocals aside, Coney Hatch has plenty of AC/DC-ish riffs:

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Watch?v=1sK8Zz28Mys
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:04 pm

And then there's this album that Frontiers put out recently. This guy looks ridiculous, but the music is in the same vein as most bands in this thread:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I remembered another one. Dirty Age.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:16 pm

glassprison wrote:
And then there's this album that Frontiers put out recently. This guy looks ridiculous, but the music is in the same vein as most bands in this thread:

I like that! Never heard of the guy before; is the whole album like that?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I like that!  Never heard of the guy before; is the whole album like that?

I can't answer that, but I do know his debut EP was not hard rock. It had elements of it, but it was more alt-rock/modern rock.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Here's another one; not really a "clone" but I think the songwriting is similar:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Here's another one; not really a "clone" but I think the songwriting is similar:

I dig that. And their name reminded me...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Quote :
I like that! Never heard of the guy before; is the whole album like that?

I know, he actually has a pretty good voice. The thing is I can't tell if it is just a joke or not! The only song besides this one on his website is a cover of "Thriller"--and actually that one sounds pretty good too. Apparently he sings occasionally for Reb Beach's solo band. I could easily see him doing Winger songs.

The album is called Rock 'N' Roll Animal. It came out in 2012 (for some reason I thought it was more recent). Unfortunately the album as a whole is a little different from the single. There are a few really good songs though. Just pm your dropbox email and I can share it.

Oh, and on top of all that, he also released a horror film, which looks terrible:

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I like that!  Never heard of the guy before; is the whole album like that?

I can't answer that, but I do know his debut EP was not hard rock. It had elements of it, but it was more alt-rock/modern rock.

it had one great song (the above) and the rest was pretty meh in my opinion.

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:53 am

This thread really rocks -
KISS never  Evil or Very Mad  influenced other bands as much as Angus and company -
My one contibution - the band was called TRASH - song is ' Boogie Woogie Man ' -
I must have listened to that one particular song 200 times -
then 20 years later - remembered em - got the CD -
Hey Glassprison -
bought that SIDEBURN cd - " Devil May Care " - hell ya !
Have to crank that one in my car this summer for sure -
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks Glower--I've never heard Trash before, but they sound excellent:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:37 am

I never heard of Trash before either but that sounds right up my alley!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:56 am

Back to Sideburn, I get the AC/DC comparisons but I think they sound a lot less like AC/DC than they used to. The album "Sell Your Soul (For Rock N Roll) (from '97 I believe) really sounds like AC/DC IMO. Like this track:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:26 pm

glassprison wrote:

You beat me to this one GP, I LOVE Gene. Yeah, they look quite silly but they kick ass. They have some really good tunes. Wicked Love, Firecracker and a cover of Michael Jackson's Thriller.... Before Gene did the construction worker gimmick he dressed in a white suit like Sat. Night Fever. But I love this album from Gene The Werewolf.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:29 pm

And I know Krokus has been mentioned too but I love this song. Funny Video too. DOG SONG.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I just downloaded the latest Johnny Crash album "Fight The Cause".

I'm listening to a cover of U2's "One" that actually rocks!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:55 pm

glassprison wrote:
Thanks Glower--I've never heard Trash before, but they sound excellent:

they do. thanks for the suggestion!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next