Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACDC - Black Ice

Go down 
+10
Glower
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
mikeinfla
tohostudios
manny
glassprison
T-Roy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Still one of my favorite guilty pleasures, I had no idea they had another album. Yes, I live under a rock! A farewell album I take it?

I just listened to Black Ice a couple weeks ago and love it! Definitely a better hat-tip to the old days.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 5:53 pm

I love the first half of Black Ice. After the first six tracks I have a hard time remembering any of the songs.

Quote :
I had no idea they had another album. Yes, I live under a rock! A farewell album I take it?

No, they are reportedly working on a follow-up to Rock or Bust now using tracks that Malcolm Young recorded before he died. There were a few photos of Brian Johnson hanging around their studio. Hope to hear more info soon!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I love 'Black Ice' but I am an AC/DC fanboy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:10 pm

I need to break that one out again.  I remember enjoying it at the time I got it but now I don't remember a single track from it.   I never did bother with Rock Or Bust.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:39 pm

I liked it too, I need to play it again. I was reminded of it this past weekend in Walmart. They have hardly any CDs left, just one small section. The entire bottom row was Black Ice for $5 each. Well worth the 5 bucks if you don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 pm

I like it, like all AC/DC albums. We always get a solid release from them.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 9:54 pm

LEGO put out an AC/DC stage set around the time this came out. The members don't look accurate at all, but it has the big train that they used in the background on this tour, a reference to the lead single "Rock 'N Roll Train."

I'd buy it because I love these things...but it goes for over a grand on Ebay!

ACDC - Black Ice 8c05d89020311436791e7361f48c8734-full
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 pm

Rock n Roll Train, War Machine and Skies on Fire are excellent songs and the rest are different levels of good. Like most of their albums a few standouts and the rest are listenable.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm

I'll need to revisit this one. With 10 hour work weeks I certainly have the time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 pm

I remember enjoying it when i first bought it.

But to be honest, i can't remember any single track after all these years.

Need to give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 am

Their 15th studio album. Over 55 minutes. 15 songs.
They switched to SONY records.
This particular tour grossed 441.6 million dollars.
My favorites are A LOT - on this one

1. "Rock 'n' Roll Train" 4:21
5. "War Machine" 3:09
7. "Spoilin' for a Fight" 3:17
10. "Stormy May Day" 3:10
13. "Rock 'n' Roll Dream" 4:41
14. "Rocking All the Way" 3:22
15. "Black Ice"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 am

I need to revisit this album too.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

I listened to it today. What stood out to me--aside from a ton of great riffs, and the songs that I remembered well from the first half of the album--was the slide playing on "Stormy May Day." I think that was a first jab at the slide for Angus. Hope he'll give it another go on the next album!

"Rock 'n Roll Dream" is also a really stand-out track for its minor-melodic key and mellow vibe in the verses.

From the first half, I think "Rock N Roll Train" and "Anything Goes," both songs that were featured in the live set on the tour, should be considered classics...or would have had they been released in the 80s or 90s.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:04 pm

OK, I'll admit it.  I was running around today and could've listened to Black Ice but I have been too into the new Quireboys album and didn't feel like digging out a "moldy oldy".  I'll spin it sometime over the next few days.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm

I completely forgot about that Quireboys album, need to check it out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:28 pm

I think it's the best they've sounded in years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 pm

glassprison wrote:
I think that was a first jab at the slide for Angus. Hope he'll give it another go on the next album!

That would be one miraculous return, indeed! lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:08 pm

I think it’s a good modern Ac/Dc album. It motors along ok, but it somewhat lacks the fire of their classic material. They were coasting on cruise control but it’s still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Quote :
I think it’s a good modern Ac/Dc album. It motors along ok, but it somewhat lacks the fire of their classic material. They were coasting on cruise control but it’s still enjoyable.

I guess the reason it doesn't really seem that way to me is because they wait so long between albums. It would be one thing if they another one coming out every couple of years. They'd all become pretty forgettable. But in the last 20 years they have only released 3 studio albums. I count every one as a treat!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 pm

To be honest, I think I like Rock or Bust better. And I hate to say that because Black Ice was Malcolm’s last album with the band.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:01 am

It's funny because I hadn't listened to this album forever, but gave it a spin a day before thread was started. Since there are a lot of tracks on this album, I wanted to go back through it to see if there were those that I had sort of skipped over. I sort of figured out that I now like "Decibel" and "Stormy May Day". I remember it being a solid album and probably my favorite output from the band since the days of "Fly On the Wall".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 10:13 am

I haven't listened to it in a while, but I remember particularly liking "War Machine."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ACDC - Black Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC - Black Ice   ACDC - Black Ice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACDC - Black Ice
Page 1 of 1