Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats

Go down 
+24
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Highway Star
HeavyThrashhead
Mac & Cheese
Dark Horseman
kethdredd
martinsane
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
Crasher
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
mikeinfla
Glower
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mlotek
scottmitchell74
exact33
Eyesore
tohostudios
MoonChild
glassprison
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Here's another one; not really a "clone" but I think the songwriting is similar:

i like that too.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Listening to the Johnny Crash cover of Ghost Riders In The Sky.  This has got to be one of the weirdest covers I've ever heard.  I'm not sure it works but it sure is different.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 5:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Listening to the Johnny Crash cover of Ghost Riders In The Sky.  This has got to be one of the weirdest covers I've ever heard.  I'm not sure it works but it sure is different.

this is one of my favorite versions of Ghost Riders in the Sky (from the movie Ghost Rider):

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:02 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Wow.   That sounds just like Udo fronting AC/DC.  Not sure I like it because of the vocals but to my ears that's a dead ringer for Udo and the music definitely sounds like AC/DC.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Gx Project is X-Sinners singer Rex..thus is a side project of his...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:57 pm

The new Johnny Crash is pretty interesting. The majority of the album sounds closer to Rhino Bucket than their earlier material.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:03 pm

glassprison wrote:
The new Johnny Crash is pretty interesting. The majority of the album sounds closer to Rhino Bucket than their earlier material.

Witchfinder is questioning whether this is the same band and I'm starting to agree with him.  I can't find any common denominators between this Johnny Crash and the original.

Not that it really matters because this Johnny Crash is still a definite AC/DC clone and I'm happy with my download.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:26 pm

You know, I saw the name and never thought twice about that possibility, but after a quick search it seems you guys are right: the band that released Fight the Cause is from Germany. They released an album called Beyond the Highway to Hell in 2012 which was apparently all Johnny Cash songs performed in a rock style.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Sure seems like 2 different bands to me but like I said, who cares?  This new Johnny Crash still adheres to the AC/DC style so I'm happy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:57 pm

How about The Treatment? Definitely not their entire catalogue but they frequently border on the AC/DC style:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Witchfinder is questioning whether this is the same band and I'm starting to agree with him.  I can't find any common denominators between this Johnny Crash and the original.

Not that it really matters because this Johnny Crash is still a definite AC/DC clone and I'm happy with my download.

Apparently a member of the "new" Johnny Crash is posting here. I asked and they are NOT the same Johnny Crash from the 80's, despite the name and similar sound.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:51 am

glassprison wrote:
How about The Treatment? Definitely not their entire catalogue but they frequently border on the AC/DC style:

I've been checking out these guys. They have a new one coming out soon too. I'm liking what I hear.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:58 am

I'm just skimming over this thread, but has noone mentioned Rose Tattoo yet? Think AC/DC if Angus played some slide guitar.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:16 am

best Album after Let there be Rock 'n Powerage  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnycrash.de
Crasher
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:21 am

Our Friends from Argentina, it ROOOCKS

Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnycrash.de
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Not surprising, this one.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

this is a nice one, Phil Rudd yeah!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
Not surprising, this one.

Yep - sounds like AC/DC... especially with No Fill Phil on the drums!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

That rocks. Did Phil Rudd do this CD for kicks ?
This video - damn that dude had no class whatsoever towards Rudd -
I hope he got beat-up by someone -
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:43 am

Heard this band on Justified last week.

Not quite copycats, but very similar.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 am

Can't believe no one threw in the ultimate ACDC Clones.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 11:31 am

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 am

Glower wrote:

Breuer is absolutely hilarious. I swear, if he wasn't so funny looking he'd be a lot more popular. Haha. He's actually got a metal album coming out at some point. Supposedly it's not goofball stuff, but a real-deal metal album.

And speaking of him, check out his More Than Me documentary. It's a really great, heartwarming film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats   ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACDC Sound-Alikes and Copycats
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next