Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?

Go down 
+40
stepcousin
DallasBlack
brokentulsa
krokus
Addy
Citanul
80s Metal Lady
tohostudios
James B.
Hadley
jstate
metalinmyveins
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Vexer6
journeyman
TheGreatDuck
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
nevermore
mc666
snooloui
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
manny
corplhicks
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 pm

I like the albums by Priest, Dangerous toys, Coven, & Winger. Don't care for the rest on that list.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:03 pm

It's just someone's opinion, but it makes for interesting discussions and debates. I can see how he picked some of those and like I said, Hysteria would make my list as well.

I love the Frehley's Comet album.

Love Dangerous Toys too, but he does have a point with some of the lyrics. I mean "Sportin' a Woody"? Haha!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:33 pm

snooloui wrote:
It's funny that a list of the '10 worst metal albums of the 1980s' is made up of albums most would not consider metal albums. Fail!

In the 80's, every single album on that list was considered to be metal
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't agree with this list at all.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:49 pm

I like most of the albums on that list.

As far as worst album from the 80s, I think Lust Control would top my list with This is a Condom Nation.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Eat the Heat is a kickass album. These lists, subjective or not, are usually 100% ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:29 pm

funny that just half of those are metal and the other half are hard rock. I don't agree with the list though either. I personally feel Pantera and GnR should be in there. There are a lot worse than what is listed!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:34 pm

I cant stand KISS' Crazy Nights and Im utterly sick of DL's Hysteria, so I'd agree with those picks.

Otherwise this guy can bite my shiny metal ass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
While I'm sure there are other albums that I consider far worse I will say that I do not own a single album on this list and have no desire to.

I owned or have owned almost all of them.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Reading more of the article and this guy sounds pretty creepy. uh
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Reading more of the article and this guy sounds pretty creepy. uh

While trying to be clever, he appears to be a perv.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
snooloui wrote:
It's funny that a list of the '10 worst metal albums of the 1980s' is made up of albums most would not consider metal albums. Fail!

In the 80's, every single album on that list was considered to be metal

This list wasn't made in the 80s though.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:50 pm

A list of worst '80s metal albums without any '80s metal albums. Nice.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:14 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
A list of worst '80s metal albums without any '80s metal albums. Nice.

As I mentioned, in the 80's, every single one of those albums were consider to be metal albums.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Still doesn't make them metal.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Do not agree at all. Several good albums on there.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 pm

I personally don't like that site one bit, some of the movie reviews i've read on there were pretty offensive, and they're music reviews are terrible if you ask me, so I definitely don't agree with any of the albums on the listen. Crazy Nights is one KISS's most underappreciated albums, Reach For The Sky is also underrated, Eat The Heat is decent for what it was, same with Turbo, Final Countdown is a classic for me, Dangerous Toys debut is pure fun, also love Winger, definitely disagree on Hysteria, as that was the album that got me into 80s rock in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 pm

I hate to say it as a W.A.S.P. fan but then it's also my duty to do so...'Inside The Electric Circus' is a horrible record, even Blackie thinks so. It might not make top 10 but at least top 15. They were burnt out and pressured by the label to get more commercial and it shows in a big way. Even though it has one of my favorite songs by the band which is 'Restless Gypsy'... most of the rest of it, considering the amazing band that put it out.......... the thing is a dud...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:12 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
19 & an authority on what's metal.  Laughing 

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:36 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I hate to say it as a W.A.S.P. fan but then it's also my duty to do so...'Inside The Electric Circus' is a horrible record, even Blackie thinks so. It might not make top 10 but at least top 15. They were burnt out and pressured by the label to get more commercial and it shows in a big way. Even though it has one of my favorite songs by the band which is 'Restless Gypsy'... most of the rest of it, considering the amazing band that put it out.......... the thing is a dud...
I disagree, I love Electric Circus and think it's an underrated album, I prefer to Crimson Idol, which I find a bit overrated.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:54 am

Don't agree with a lot on that list.No way in hell Dangerous Toys should be in there.One of the best albums of the 80's is more like it.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 am

Not that I'm a big fan of any of these albums, but there must be worse examples. Eat the Heat is pretty solid, Turbo isn't bad either. Others I don't care for, but still. There are far worse examples, especially when it comes down to simply unlistenable production. Like Satan's Host.
As for Inside the Electric Circus, I prefer the sold-out 80's sound of WASP to rock'n'roll leanings of Blackie's recent works. ItEC still surpasses the majority of 80's metal records, simply because its WASP.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:24 am

mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Yep, my thoughts too! It's easy to ask any of us who were alive during the 80's what was consider METAL
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 am

Force 3 - Warrior of Light
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:32 am

thejokeriv wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Yep, my thoughts too! It's easy to ask any of us who were alive during the 80's what was consider METAL

I was going to utter the same thing MC did. How insulting... It would be like me telling someone who was a teenager or older in the late 60's, what the sociopolitical environment was really like, even though I wasn't even born yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next