Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Record labels used to pay for bands to spend 3 or 6 or 9 months in the studio recording an album. They might spend weeks just working on guitar sounds for a specific track. They might spend 2 months recording vocals and do 50 takes of every track.

That's just not happening anymore unless you have serious mainstream sales potential.

Metallica spent a year in the studio working on Death Magnetic and that didn't work out so well either.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 12:36 am

Death Mag was a forced attempt. Time to stop dancing around the obvious.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
These songs sound like they can be cranked out quickly.  That's the biggest problem with music these days!

Bands used to demo tunes first before they hit the studio, refine them in the studio, take suggestions from a producer, see what kind of reaction the songs were getting on the road and adjust accordingly.

Now it's straight to ProTools.

And a lot of bands don't even write full songs anymore; they just write bits and then start piecing things together to see if it sounds good. There's nothing organic about it.

That's my biggest issue with Death Magnetic. You can hear it on that album more than any other I've encountered. There are no natural transitions; everything is abrupt and feels so awkward.

Not suggesting Queensryche or Tate are doing that, but it wouldn't surprise me. Bands just need to get back to jamming.

I get the impression that Tate is rushing things through just so he can have something, anything, out before the other Queensryche guys. It's his version of comment sections "first" post.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 pm

That song Burn is not as good as that first track they showed. The Queensryche cover is ok. This day and age I'm not looking for great artwork when it comes to album covers because just about everyone is using photoshop, some good some bad. The new Maiden artwork is bad too, Eddie looks cool but why just a black background? Its rare that the artwork really reflects what the album title even means anymore and its a shame. So many great artists out there that could really do some great work like bands used to do but I guess they could just get anyone with some photoshop knowledge for cheap and this is what we get. At least Ghost is really having good artwork for their album covers, but hey its the music that counts really.

They way music has changed with being recorded these days has really affected albums. I honestly don't think Death Magnetic was bad. Huge step up from St. Anger. Once you listened to the album a few times you can get it or at least maybe thats just me haha. I memorized that album pretty quick. The thing is though all these bands we listen to have families and going into that practice room for a few hours a week doesn't work for them anymore so you get bands sending ideas back and forth online and nothing really taking shape until recording comes along. I don't see this ever changing. I'm even doing this with my band. Everyones married, one guy has kids so its just easier to send ideas back and forth, but the only thing different is we do make time to work things out in a practice studio once or twice a month.

These bands will never again write stuff like they did back when they were younger.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 9:02 am

I'm not sure where all the hate for short writing/recording times is coming from.

There were tons of bands in the 60s/70s that wrote CLASSIC albums and this was when they were churning out a slab of vinyl ever 6-9 months. On the flip, you have guys like Axl Rose who spent over a decade on an album only to have it be just ok (my mileage, yours may vary).

It's less to do with the time spent and more to do with what the writer has to say AND how much they care about the finished product, methinks. In this case, it could go either way with The Geoff.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:28 am

Another new lackluster song:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:04 pm

And that is the default sound of most of his stuff lately. Mostly boring.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Terrible... pretty much I would expect from the vest these days.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Second rate industrial rock crap.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 pm

That's....not too good.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 pm

That's 3:59 of my time. I'm not getting back, am I?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 pm

the sentinel wrote:
That's 3:59 of my time. I'm not getting back, am I?

That's why I haven't bothered listening to Queensryche since 1995. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:40 pm

I figure you will outlive me anyway, SD lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Runicen wrote:
I'm not sure where all the hate for short writing/recording times is coming from.  

There were tons of bands in the 60s/70s that wrote CLASSIC albums and this was when they were churning out a slab of vinyl ever 6-9 months.  On the flip, you have guys like Axl Rose who spent over a decade on an album only to have it be just ok (my mileage, yours may vary).  

It's less to do with the time spent and more to do with what the writer has to say AND how much they care about the finished product, methinks.  In this case, it could go either way with The Geoff.

I think context is key. Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy and those guys will get together and crank out two hours of outstanding prog-rock in two weeks, start to finish for the most part. A band like Linkin Park will spend a year doing pre-production, another year recording the album, and end up with 30 minutes of music. Nothing wrong with either scenario, really.

Tate, in my opinion, just doesn't really care. Or his ego doesn't allow for him to hear his own mediocrity, you know.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:45 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Another new lackluster song:

"Lackluster" is an understatement. Man, that was a terrible song. "Re-inventing the Future" is still a great one, though. I was hoping for more like that, but instead these new tracks are just more of the same crap. =(
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:49 am

If they could put that in a pill, it would be a miracle drug.

A)induces vomiting
B)guaranteed to make you poop in 4 minutes or less
C)make you limp after having an erection, regardless of duration.
D)coma patients waking up and screaming "WTF" have occurred in some cases
E) consult you doctor if OHEM (Tumultus Skatas) is right for you.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:00 am

I don't think he really cares at all anymore about his fans or the quality of music he is putting out. He's so concerned with what his former band mates are doing that he is simply rushing out music, any music (Jason Slater demos, old demos, whatever) just to get it out there before they do. I remember seeing an old episode of TMS and Mustaine was saying how he has written over 250+ songs in his life and not all are worthy of release or inclusion on any project, Megadeth or otherwise. I feel that Tate is just taking anything that comes to mind and releases it. Just my 2 pennies worth.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 8:57 am

First response to the new song: "I need an adult."

WTF? Tate thinks he's in the Beastie Boys now?

Ok, my expectations for this project just sank pretty low.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 12:58 pm

The lyrics are the worst. Just terrible.

And what's up with the ending, with the phone? Geoff is doing both voices in what I assume is a conversation, yet the old guy is lipping to both of them. Or is that just one side of the conversation and terrible mixing of the dialogue?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Hahaha. Terrible. It would sound totally cutting edge if this were 1995.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Hahaha.  Terrible.  It would sound totally cutting edge if this were 1995.  

You know I honestly almost started my previous post with something akin to this except I was going to give the Vest til 2002! Ha.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:51 am

What an awful song...It's almost as if The Geoff wants he and his band to suck.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 am

Did he really say "I'm the best, F**k the rest"?

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Tumblr_m3lx25RqJ51qmskon

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Here ya go...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:22 pm

stpatrik wrote:
Here ya go...

I've already listened to this a handful of times...and it's fantastic. Again, doesn't really remind me of old Queensryche, but whatever.

And seriously, I know folks have always called Queensryche a "progressive" band, but I've never thought they played that kind of music. Maybe a few moments here and there, but overall, no.

This song, though, has more of those elements than I've ever heard in a Queensryche song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next