Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Another good tune from them!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Damn that was a good song!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Pretty decent. This overall is sounding better than the previous one.

To people who haven't been keeping up, I could see how they would think Tate was still in the band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
To people who haven't been keeping up, I could see how they would think Tate was still in the band.

I still don't think he sounds like Tate. He can, of course, as evidenced by his Queensryche "covers" video on YouTube, but on these new tunes he sounds nothing like Tate. Aside from a few moments here and there, the same can be said about the last album.

I mean, within 10 seconds of this new song (after he begins singing), he's doing stuff Tate never did, even in his prime.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 am

I think he sounds just enough like Tate to still sound like Queensryche, but different enough to sound like he's not there JUST to replace Tate.
If that makes any sense. lol!
.....and he really shines more on this album than the last.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:50 am

Great track! Once again better than anything on Tate's latest platter of dog shit.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 am

A good written song is still a good written song regardless of how bad the singer is. I have yet to hear Tate and Co. put out a well written song. A decent vocal melody within a song with no hooks, crappy chord progression, and poor arrangement is like going to Baskin-Robbins just to use the bathroom and not ordering desert. You can "sense" something "good" is nearby, but it just ends ups being an experience of pushing down the handle and something getting flushed down the toilet.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:50 am

Wow. That song easily kicks the balls off anything Tate's been doing.

I can't help this nagging sense that the production and arrangement of the backing track are very generic (again, any prog metal band), but the SONG has much more of the QR vibe about it, so it's a big improvement.

Unlike Operation: Vestcrime, I'll probably be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Isn't his "band" more of a loose collaboration of musicians brought together to accomplish this trilogy than an actual band? That's a problem right there.

I don't fault him for that at all.

I fault him for not having a good songwriter at the helm.  He used to have DeGarmo.

That's my point. If you describe to someone how to make a stew, it's not going to come out the same as if you made it yourself. The "loose collection of musicians" doesn't have the same artistic view as he does. He is probably just giving them an outline and they (the Frontiers guys and other musicians) are interpreting it how they see it. There is no consistency in Tate's solo albums or the things he's done since leaving Queensryche.

Honestly, I don't think that's how it works with Tate. I think they just bring him music and he takes it. I mean, how many old Jason Slater demos became Queensryche songs? These were demos written and recorded for other bands, like Snake River Conspiracy, who sound nothing like Queensryche. But Tate took them anyway.

Yeah, Ken, I forgot about the Slater angle (read: songs not good enough for him, but the Vest gladly accepts. Ha)
That new track is sweet. Thanks for the link.
You know, the more I think about it, Tate should have just took the buyout and went away to a solo career (in the vein of his first solo outing) instead of the pissing contest that ensued. But, I guess his ego just wouldn't let him. He keeps showing up to a gunfight with a pocket knife.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:58 am

What I try to figure out with Tate is if this is him or if it's one of those, "Need to impress the Mrs." type setups where it's the people around him egging him on.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because his behavior is the same either way, but it does make me wonder if he's actually that much of a jerk on his own or if he needs encouragement to get there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 4:01 am

I saw that some folks were getting their pre-orders of this album today, so I downloaded it. Couldn't wait. Sorry.

Anyway, I loved the last album with LaTorre. After two listens, I think Condition Human blows it out of the water. There is way more "old" Queensryche on this one than the previous. Still sounds different, like Queensryche 2.0, as I said before, but this time I can hear the old styles mixed in much more than on the last album.

Can't wait to dig into this one more. I hope there is a CD version with the three bonus tracks. I know two are part of a 7" single included in some deluxe package, but I'm hoping they're included elsewhere as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:53 am

Eyesore wrote:

Can't wait to dig into this one more. I hope there is a CD version with the three bonus tracks. I know two are part of a 7" single included in some deluxe package, but I'm hoping they're included elsewhere as well.

Near as I can tell, the only way to get the bonus tracks on cd is to order the deluxe vinyl package:

1 LP (12 tracks)
1 7 inch record (3 bonus tracks)
1 cd with the whole album (12 tracks + 3 bonus)

The standard version being sold at retailers (Best Buy, FYE, etc.) is just 12 tracks. I guess that could be subject to change, but that's the info I could find.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Near as I can tell, the only way to get the bonus tracks on cd is to order the deluxe vinyl package:

1 LP (12 tracks)
1 7 inch record (3 bonus tracks)
1 cd with the whole album (12 tracks + 3 bonus)

The standard version being sold at retailers (Best Buy, FYE, etc.) is just 12 tracks. I guess that could be subject to change, but that's the info I could find.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm hoping for an import or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I'd gladly buy a deluxe cd version with bonus tracks if it were available. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case. FYI, it's going to be on sale at Best Buy for $9.99.

What will tick me off is if I buy the regular version this Friday, then 6 months from now, they re-release it with bonus tracks. I hate when the labels pull that crap.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 4:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

What will tick me off is if I buy the regular version this Friday, then 6 months from now, they re-release it with bonus tracks. I hate when the labels pull that crap.

Century Media are the kings of that trick.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I saw that some folks were getting their pre-orders of this album today, so I downloaded it. Couldn't wait. Sorry.

Anyway, I loved the last album with LaTorre. After two listens, I think Condition Human blows it out of the water. There is way more "old" Queensryche on this one than the previous. Still sounds different, like Queensryche 2.0, as I said before, but this time I can hear the old styles mixed in much more than on the last album.

100% agree with your assessment - I got my copy yesterday (from the pledge pre-order.) Fantastic album, the production is much better than the 2013 S/T. This will get tons of play.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd gladly buy a deluxe cd version with bonus tracks if it were available. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case. FYI, it's going to be on sale at Best Buy for $9.99.

Yeah, I really am not at all happy that happened with Scorpions latest album. I hope it's not the case with the new Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I was curious so I did this as well. I like what I have heard so far. Really like the title track. Does this mean that any of these tunes could have been on previous QR albums the past 8-9 years? That is a real shame if this is what Tate was vetoing.

Definitely going to buy this when it comes out! Oh, it came out today! An excuse to go to the record store tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 2:25 am

This album is gonna be in the top 2 or 3 for me this year. The only other release that rivals it is Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
This album is gonna be in the top 2 or 3 for me this year. The only other release that rivals it is Armored Saint.

Can't stop listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
That cover art is ATROCIOUS! Looks like fan art created by someone who downloaded Photoshop two hours ago. It looks like one of those hidden item games you can download on your phone. =(

Did Century Media lose Travis Smith's phone number and e-mail address?

It does look cheap and nasty!

I'm starting to wonder where my $50,000 went!!  Laughing very hard

My guess is this guy did it: http://www.jhelmphotography.com

Ding! I win.

This is an artist who knows how to use Photoshop, but he just isn't very good at creating digital art.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Just read this on Wikipedia:

Quote :
According to Tate, Queensrÿche was already writing new material for a follow-up to Dedicated to Chaos as of June 2011, and were planning to return to the studio in late 2012 to re-record Operation: Mindcrime, releasing it in early 2013 for its 25th anniversary.

Thank God they fired his ass! Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just read this on Wikipedia:

Quote :
According to Tate, Queensrÿche was already writing new material for a follow-up to Dedicated to Chaos as of June 2011, and were planning to return to the studio in late 2012 to re-record Operation: Mindcrime, releasing it in early 2013 for its 25th anniversary.

Thank God they fired his ass! Holy crap.

Wow! He just can't get out of the past.

As for the new Queensryche, it's awesome. I picked it up on Saturday for $10 buks at FYE and listened to it twice and have spun it twice each night since. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 1:23 am

I am definitely getting this one. Where the hell have they been all these years?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next