Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:43 am

Gilbert wrote:
I am definitely getting this one. Where the hell have they been all these years?

The question is, Where have you been? Haha
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I am definitely getting this one. Where the hell have they been all these years?

The question is, Where have you been? Haha

what I mean was where have they been hiding their metal credentials all these years? their last albums sucked bad!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 pm

I hear a lot of elements of Mindcrime and Empire era Queensryche in the new album that I didn't hear in the last one. I would give the self titled effort a 7 whereas I rate "Condition" an 8.5. I really like it and have spun it 2 more times so far today.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:11 am

It's been a while since I last visited the s/t, but listening to Condition Human I gotta say it seems these boys really found their footing. This is one heavy record with memorable hooks and riffage. Todd is on fire, especially when he hits those high notes! The whole package has a much more old school power metal vibe (dat shred solo on Hellfire!). The mix is MUCH better this go around as well.

Overall, they seem to be much more confident here than on the last release. There's so much energy flying about. Poor tired old Geoff.

Side note: gotta love that ending to Guardian.

EDIT: damn, Bulletproof is a moving track.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I picked up Condition Human last weekend. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to give it a proper listen cuz of a death in the family this past week, but from what little I've heard I already like it better than the previous record. They sound way more focused and confident, and definitely more "metal" than they have in quite a few years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I picked up Condition Human last weekend. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to give it a proper listen cuz of a death in the family this past week, but from what little I've heard I already like it better than the previous record. They sound way more focused and confident, and definitely more "metal" than they have in quite a few years.

It's definitely more focused and much more "metal" than the last one or anything since Mindcrime.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
It's been a while since I last visited the s/t, but listening to Condition Human I gotta say it seems these boys really found their footing. This is one heavy record with memorable hooks and riffage. Todd is on fire, especially when he hits those high notes! The whole package has a much more old school power metal vibe (dat shred solo on Hellfire!). The mix is MUCH better this go around as well.

Overall, they seem to be much more confident here than on the last release. There's so much energy flying about. Poor tired old Geoff.

Side note: gotta love that ending to Guardian.

EDIT: damn, Bulletproof is a moving track.

Ha, that track just ended as I was reading your comment. Smile Totally agree about the confidence level and energy. This album is making it hard for me to give the new WASP some spin time!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Ahem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13816621/13%20Espiritu%20Muerto.mp3

I will take it down tomorrow. Really good tune (though there is this weird sample after the first verse that's just...weird, totally out of place).
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:10 am

"Arrow of Time" sounded very good live a couple of weeks ago when I saw them open for the Scorpions. I'm enjoying the album quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Ahem.

I will take it down tomorrow. Really good tune (though there is this weird sample after the first verse that's just...weird, totally out of place).

That's a helluva tune! Wish they would've just kept it on the standard release.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 11:35 am

Can't wait to get this one. Already ordered from amazon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ahem.

Sweet! Thanx for this. Good track.

Has anyone heard the other two "bonus" tracks ("46 North" and "Mercury Rising")? They're apparently only available on a 7-inch that comes with the vinyl version. Surprisingly, nobody seems to have put them on YouTube yet Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Ahem.

Sweet! Thanx for this. Good track.

Has anyone heard the other two "bonus" tracks ("46 North" and "Mercury Rising")? They're apparently only available on a 7-inch that comes with the vinyl version. Surprisingly, nobody seems to have put them on YouTube yet Very Happy

I've been looking for them, but have yet to come across them. Not really expecting to, either. Candlemass did the same thing with their last album, put two exclusive tunes on a 7-inch, and I have yet to find them. =(
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Todd LaTorre sez on his official FB today that Condition Human sold around 13,500 copies in its first week of release. If memory serves, that's about the same as the previous record.

No word on the first-week figures for Operation TateDork's The Key yet but I'm fairly sure that it was... considerably less than that. Laughing very hard

Edit: according to Blabbermouth, The Key sold about 2500 in its first week.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Todd LaTorre sez on his official FB today that Condition Human sold around 13,500 copies in its first week of release. If memory serves, that's about the same as the previous record.

No word on the first-week figures for Operation TateDork's The Key yet but I'm fairly sure that it was... considerably less than that. Laughing very hard

2500 actually bough The Vest's product???

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

2500 actually bough The Vest's product???

Laughing very hard

So much for his 640,606 Facebook "fans."

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=24561
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40