Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:45 am

First review of The Vest's, I mean Operation:CashinQuicklyCrime is up, pretty funny read:

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/operation-mindcrime-key-review/
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 am

Wow... So, apparently, Reinventing the Future was the best part of this album and it was only a decent track. Shame, really. I honestly was holding out hope that we'd end up with two decent acts from the split, but it's looking more and more like Tate blew his proverbial load years ago and only the remaining QR guys have a chance in hell of putting out listenable, let alone interesting music.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:21 am

That's a hilarious review. My favorite line "Tate forces himself to cram every plot point and “highbrow” concept into his vocal delivery, sounding somewhat like William Shatner in the process." lol! Now that conjures up a hilarious image.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:34 am

I really liked the new Queensryche tune. No in depth review or analysis to give, just that I liked it and am looking forward to picking up Condition Human.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:38 am

007 wrote:
That's a hilarious review. My favorite line "Tate forces himself to cram every plot point and “highbrow” concept into his vocal delivery, sounding somewhat like William Shatner in the process." lol!   Now that conjures up a hilarious image.

I found this comment amusing:

"Apparently, the trilogy is about...bitcoin?.............. 'It has to do with virtual currencies and Internet banking and stock trading.'"

Last edited by chewie on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:45 am

the sentinel wrote:
I really liked the new Queensryche tune. No in depth review or analysis to give, just that I liked it and am looking forward to picking up Condition Human.

Same here. I like the new song and am looking forward to the new album. They sound like a band with renewed energy and something to prove, kinda like Accept with their new singer.

I liked their last album and looking forward to more of the same (or better) from Queensryche.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They sound like a band with renewed energy and something to prove
I got this same impression when listening to condition human.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 pm

007 wrote:
That's a hilarious review. My favorite line "Tate forces himself to cram every plot point and “highbrow” concept into his vocal delivery, sounding somewhat like William Shatner in the process." lol!   Now that conjures up a hilarious image.

That is a fatal insult to William Shatner who actually IS capable of putting out interesting music these days... lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Runicen wrote:
007 wrote:

That is a fatal insult to William Shatner who actually IS capable of putting out interesting music these days... lol!

You ain't lying !

Now, back to Queensryche. I still need to get the self titled album but that and Condition Human are on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:43 pm

I think the Operation: Mindcrime album will be something I'll pick up if I find it in a used bin and that's about it.

Condition Human could threaten to be too generic to deserve the QR name, but I'll definitely give it a chance. No question there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 am

Yeah, anything Tate does these days is a used-bin buy for me.

Anyway, am I the only one annoyed by the fact that "Re-inventing the Future" has a dash, unnecessarily breaking up an actual word, while "Discussions in a Smoke Filled Room" is missing a damn dash? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, anything Tate does these days is a used-bin buy for me.

Anyway, am I the only one annoyed by the fact that "Re-inventing the Future" has a dash, unnecessarily breaking up an actual word, while "Discussions in a Smoke Filled Room" is missing a damn dash? Haha.

There are MANY problems with the Tate album (at least the parts I've been exposed to) before I even start to hit on the grammar problems in his song titles.

Guess it's just wot he do.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Isn't his "band" more of a loose collaboration of musicians brought together to accomplish this trilogy than an actual band? That's a problem right there.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:57 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Isn't his "band" more of a loose collaboration of musicians brought together to accomplish this trilogy than an actual band? That's a problem right there.

I don't fault him for that at all.

I fault him for not having a good songwriter at the helm. He used to have DeGarmo.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Wow, the first track that was released actually sounded decent but every subsequent clip sounds worse and worse.

I'll be seeing Queensryche with Todd open up for the Scorpions next Saturday in Chicago. It looks like they are doing a greatest hits setlist plus their latest single for this tour slot.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:18 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I fault him for not having a good songwriter at the helm.  He used to have DeGarmo.

That's the most annoying thing about this new album. Frontiers Records operates like a country label. A ton of their artists/bands do not write their own material; they have a stable of in-house writers who write these records. And great records, too!

I had hopes that The Key would benefit from that, and "Re-inventing the Future" seemed to suggest it did. But every other song pretty much suggests that Tate is simply working with the same cast of mediocre songwriters he's been working with for years. =(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 4:06 pm

You're forgetting that Tate's ego doesn't allow for other writers. He's the genius behind everything. In his mind anyway. Razz

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I fault him for not having a good songwriter at the helm.  He used to have DeGarmo.

That's my point. If you describe to someone how to make a stew, it's not going to come out the same as if you made it yourself. The "loose collection of musicians" doesn't have the same artistic view as he does. He is probably just giving them an outline and they (the Frontiers guys and other musicians) are interpreting it how they see it. There is no consistency in Tate's solo albums or the things he's done since leaving Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

That's my point. If you describe to someone how to make a stew, it's not going to come out the same as if you made it yourself. The "loose collection of musicians" doesn't have the same artistic view as he does. He is probably just giving them an outline and they (the Frontiers guys and other musicians) are interpreting it how they see it. There is no consistency in Tate's solo albums or the things he's done since leaving Queensryche.

Honestly, I don't think that's how it works with Tate. I think they just bring him music and he takes it. I mean, how many old Jason Slater demos became Queensryche songs? These were demos written and recorded for other bands, like Snake River Conspiracy, who sound nothing like Queensryche. But Tate took them anyway.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Honestly, I don't think that's how it works with Tate. I think they just bring him music and he takes it. I mean, how many old Jason Slater demos became Queensryche songs? These were demos written and recorded for other bands, like Snake River Conspiracy, who sound nothing like Queensryche. But Tate took them anyway.

Tate has never written the music to a song in his life, just lyrics. This is pretty much what Tate does - goes through Slater demos, adds a lyric a two and say he wrote the song.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:57 am

Is Slater involved on this project? Any idea why one way or the other?

And am I the only one who was hoping that being on a label with a stable of songwriters would improve Tate's output? Never thought I'd be so disappointed that someone DIDN'T use outside writers.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Runicen wrote:
Is Slater involved on this project?  Any idea why one way or the other?  

And am I the only one who was hoping that being on a label with a stable of songwriters would improve Tate's output?  Never thought I'd be so disappointed that someone DIDN'T use outside writers.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Runicen wrote:
Is Slater involved on this project?  Any idea why one way or the other?  

And am I the only one who was hoping that being on a label with a stable of songwriters would improve Tate's output?  Never thought I'd be so disappointed that someone DIDN'T use outside writers.

That what I was hoping, yeah. Tate's a turd, but I don't give a crap about that. Doesn't affect my life. I like the music that loads of turds produce, you know. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

By the way...

TAKE MY MONEY!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
By the way...

TAKE MY MONEY!

Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next