Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 am

glassprison wrote:
What do you guys think of Geoff's two solo albums (the 2002 self-titled, Kings & Thieves from 2012)?

I liked the s/t a lot better. But, like FU, K&T had a few good songs on it...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:17 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Tate must not have many shows left on his "Farewell Tour" under the Queensryche name. I just noticed tonight that the name on his band's Facebook page is now changed to "Operation Mindcrime."

I just saw that. I'm actually surprised the other guys didn't get that page in the deal. It has nearly 700,000 likes! So now Operation: Mindcrime has all those likes. Shame the other guys overlooked that in the lawsuit. Social media is a big deal these days.

Likes can be bought fairly easily these days so maybe they realise that it has become a bit meaningless.

Exactly. "Likes" are 75% meaningless stats.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:28 am

I'd bet even money that more often than not, people are going to go "What's this 'Operation: Mindcrime' crap? Where's the QR page?" if they aren't up on what's been going down. At that point, they'll probably jump ship and like the proper QR facebook page.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:30 am

Runicen wrote:
I'd bet even money that more often than not, people are going to go "What's this 'Operation: Mindcrime' crap?  Where's the QR page?" if they aren't up on what's been going down.  At that point, they'll probably jump ship and like the proper QR facebook page.

Yup. I scanned the comments under the last few posts on the "Mindcrime" page, and there were lotsa dummies asking "Why did the name change? What happened?" ... I'm like "Geez, have these people been under a frickin rock?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Runicen wrote:
I'd bet even money that more often than not, people are going to go "What's this 'Operation: Mindcrime' crap?  Where's the QR page?" if they aren't up on what's been going down.  At that point, they'll probably jump ship and like the proper QR facebook page.

Yup. I scanned the comments under the last few posts on the "Mindcrime" page, and there were lotsa dummies asking "Why did the name change? What happened?" ... I'm like "Geez, have these people been under a frickin rock?" Laughing very hard

No...it's just that most people aren't like us...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

No...it's just that most people aren't like us...  lol! 

I know...but still, don'tcha think some of 'em might have noticed that things seemed a little... odd on that page for the past year or so? Like, maybe they didn't recognize anybody but Geoff in the recent band photos? Laughing very hard

I mean, geez, eventually, even your average Joe who gets all of his music news from "That Metal Show" would probably say "Hey, isn't that the Quiet Riot guy? What's he doin' there?"
 lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:46 am

The real Final Jeapoardy here is: "The percentage of people who liked the QR page who don't buy or just torrent the newest QR releases."

Answer: "Uh... What is 81%, Alex?"

DING DING DING!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Runicen wrote:
The real Final Jeapoardy here is: "The percentage of people who liked the QR page who don't buy or just torrent the newest QR releases."

Answer:  "Uh...  What is 81%, Alex?"

DING DING DING!

Laughing very hard 

Their are companies that you can pay to get you more "likes" on your FB page... The Vest did that - I remember seeing in the court docs that when Tate submitted that he got X number of likes, the Queesnryche boys bounced back that the vast majority of them were from X south american country that X company uses to increase FB likes for a fee....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:32 pm

It's sad that so many bands pay for likes but even more sad that observers judge bands based partly on how many likes they have.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm still convinced that the future for artists, though it's going to be a lot more labor intensive than the old model, is something like what Devin Townsend did with his Casualties of Cool project.  He built the fanbase, got them on board with what he was doing and solicited money up front to see the project through.  

This whole social media phenomenon has moved from "Hey, check out what we're up to - look for the new album in August" to basically a lot of nothing from most bands.  "Here's a picture of me with my girlfriend/lunch/chicken salad.  ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER!"  Of course nobody's going to care about that stuff if that's ALL you're doing.

It's gotta move from being a means to talk about how big the crap you took after dinner was into talking about what you're doing in the studio, where your tour is headed, and when to look for a new bit of product.  The idea of paying for likes is pretty absurd no matter what, but given the best use of social media, it's like buying a laxative instead of a cheeseburger when you're hungry.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Sure, likes can be bought, but I think QR are popular enough that 700,000 likes are probably legit. Unless before this fiasco they had far less than that. I would not put it past Tate to buy likes, given the way he's manipulated everything else. But really, I think those are probably legit likes, as in fans or people who at least know the band...or "Silent Lucidity." Haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Here's how it works:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/05/buy-facebook-likes_n_4544800.html
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 pm

I just listened to Frequency Unknown again today and found a few cool songs that I hadn't noticed before.

That said, I still stand by my opinion that Tribe was the last truly great QR album (from either incarnation). I would have loved to see the tour for that album with Fates Warning and Dream Theater (who were still touring on my favorite DT album, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence).

But no doubt Geoff and the other QR company still are capable of producing some quality songs.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 am

For as much as I talk crap, I'm on board with the "capable of producing some quality songs," idea.

I mean, if this O: M trio of concept albums turns out to be the second coming of Roger Waters, I'll be the first person who needs to change his pants out of the sheer excitement of it. I'm not EXPECTING that, but I'd certainly enjoy it if that's how it went down.

Likewise, if the QR guys make the next album something to really remember, I'll be pleased as can be. I really want to see this band work and go back to making albums I love and try desperately to sing along to (in varying degrees of success).

There's no speculation here as to why other people have been so fascinated, but for my part, the big deal with this split is almost a disbelief. It's the train wreck you can't turn away from. "You had ALL THIS and you blew it because you thought you were too good to be successful? I mean.. you HAD IT! Seriously.. You... No, I'll be here while you figure out exactly what you just did..." It really feels like I watched someone (i.e. Geoff) get a winning lottery ticket and use it as toilet paper because he wanted a bigger jackpot.

The hope is always that the person fixes the mistake and good things follow. It may not be likely, but it never really becomes impossible. Few things would make me as happy as GT getting his voice back in shape and providing us with more good music.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:52 am

Ouch.... Tate and his band of merry men sound like a very bad Las Vegas lounge act:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:00 am

I don't mind the Q2K album, but "Breakdown" sounds unlistenable here. 1:28.... ouch!  To be fair this recording is pretty revealing, and I'm sure it didn't sound quite like this to those in the audience.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Ouch.... Tate and his band of merry men sound like a very bad Las Vegas lounge act:

They're a mess visually a well. Looks like a bunch of random old men go onstage and decided to jam together.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

I got NC peeps whose opinions I usually trust telling me that both the Raleigh and Charlotte "farewell" shows were very good...and GT, while not soaring with the eagles, sounded "very good"...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

They're a mess visually a well. Looks like a bunch of random old men go onstage and decided to jam together.

Eh, I've heard much worse...it's not THAT bad...the direct from soundboard mix is bad...probably sounded better in the room.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Ugh. In what key are they playing "Jet City Woman?"
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I got NC peeps whose opinions I usually trust telling me that both the Raleigh and Charlotte "farewell" shows were very good...and GT, while not soaring with the eagles, sounded "very good"...

I just hopes that he writes some good new material with his new band. I've been listening through his solo and later QR stuff and there are some good songs in there, but there is also some godawful stuff as well.

Does anyone think that he is going to continue to work with Jason Slater and his old Myth mates or start writing tunes with the new band members input?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I just hopes that he writes some good new material with his new band. I've been listening through his solo and later QR stuff and there are some good songs in there, but there is also some godawful stuff as well.

Does anyone think that he is going to continue to work with Jason Slater and his old Myth mates or start writing tunes with the new band members input?

Well, 2 Myth guys are in O:M (Randy Gane and Kelly "Oven Mitts" Gray)...but Gray helped write Q2K...no telling what they'd come up with...but if it's more along the lines of "In The Hands Of God" and "The Weight Of The World" it may end up being OK...
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:13 pm

chewie wrote:

Honestly, I'd hope he did seek out a batch of new people - kind of like what he did with his first solo album. That's the best way for him to find a really interesting way forward.

Sadly, it's more likely he'll keep to the same cast of characters based on the evidence so far.

I like Slater's work, but it's a really poor match to Geoff's voice - past or present. Just my take, but it's the same issue I take with James LaBrie having a fixation on death metal vocals in his solo stuff. It just doesn't carry well to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Well, 2 Myth guys are in O:M (Randy Gane and Kelly "Oven Mitts" Gray)...but Gray helped write Q2K...no telling what they'd come up with...but if it's more along the lines of "In The Hands Of God" and "The Weight Of The World" it may end up being OK...

I think it'll be more of the same, to be honest. Mediocrity peppered with a few really good songs and a few terrible songs. I just don't think these guys have the kind of chemistry that makes them capable of consistently writing quality material. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I have little faith that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm

The balls on this guy...

He basically just said Queensryche changed its name to Operation: Mindcrime. What a douche! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next