Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+48
tul
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
MetallicSeminarian
Rex
Headbanger Man
assault_attack
Lovecraft
Metal Misfit
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
stormspell
mr.electric39
stpatrik
Runicen
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
chewie
Svengo
Lari
manny
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
mlotek
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Sutekh
bass63
James B.
Required Fields
Wayne
Citanul
exact33
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Eyesore
Vexer6
corplhicks
ultmetal
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm

]
ultmetal wrote:
So when will the big reunion tour between The Geoff and QR happen?

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Inconceivable
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hopefully never.

This
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hopefully never.

This

yep. I think the split is pretty personal so i dont think they will get back together.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 am

They'll get back together when both camps need $$$.

Artists who hate each other bury the hatchet when they need cash.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hopefully never.
Hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I tend to agree...but they waited so long to even split up that, by the time this may roll around, they'll all be too old to try to continue...Tate especially. They're all already in their 50s.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I tend to agree...but they waited so long to even split up that, by the time this may roll around, they'll all be too old to try to continue...Tate especially. They're all already in their 50s.

I don't think it will happen with Queensryche, too much water under the bridge.

If it ever did happen, the only way I could see it happening is if The Geoff came back as a employee and not a business partner, his wife was no where to be seen and he did exactly what he was told to do...... So, no, don't see it happening at this point.... especially if they can make a decent living without The Geoff.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 am

ultmetal wrote:

Personally, I'm holding out hope that the present GT is actually a cloned agent of the lizardmen and there's actually a fit GT with his own hair being stored in a tube somewhere. You know, so when he makes his epic and daring escape (and writes a concept album about it, natch), and dethrones the imposter, we can have the album that should have followed Promised Land in the first place sung by a guy who can actually STILL SING.

This may be the sleep deprivation talking though. How many hours do you have to be awake before you're legally insane (not that I have a special to-do list waiting in the wings or anything...)?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

It depends. That process begins as soon as I wake up each morning.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't think it will happen with Queensryche, too much water under the bridge.

If it ever did happen, the only way I could see it happening is if The Geoff came back as a employee and not a business partner, his wife was no where to be seen and he did exactly what he was told to do...... So, no, don't see it happening at this point.... especially if they can make a decent living without The Geoff.

and he has to wear more clothes.

I dont think that it would happen because I dont think their musical styles mesh anymore. It is pretty evident what style the real QR wants to go and TheGeoff seems destined for some back alley bar.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 pm

From Blabbermouth:

Quote :
In what appears to be a preview of the upcoming settlement announcement over the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE name, singer Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE webpage has changed. It no longer says "QUEENSRŸCHE" at the top and now features a banner with the words "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of QUEENSRŸCHE." In addition, there is a link to "QUEENSRŸCHE Without Geoff Tate" which points to QueensrycheOfficial.com, the official webpage of the Todd La Torre-fronted version of the band.

I really hope they didn't allow him the keep the queensryche.com URL.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Right. And there is not much money left even with the reunion.

I like to dream about the Mindcrime movie that could've been if Tate had sold the story for that $1 million. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Right.  And there is not much money left even with the reunion.

I like to dream about the Mindcrime movie that could've been if Tate had sold the story for that $1 million.  Smile

How do you know how much money is left?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 am

Ok, I have to get this out of the way.. Am I the only person who thinks Mindcrime may be good, but under no circumstances deserves the "OMG LEGENDARY" status it has received?

Of everything in that "classic" QR canon, Mindcrime kind of blows itself out. The others you often need to spend some time with and they grow on you, but they STICK once they do. Mindcrime hits hard and first and then... well, it's GOOD, but I could just as easily put it down. I don't have random urges to hear songs from it the way I do Neue Regal or even Queen of the Rhyche.

Maybe Geoff just kind of blew his load with that one by pushing it live for so long as their Dark Side of the Moon.

Am I alone on that?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 am

Yes...Mindcrime rules.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

I'm a full advocate of the concept that many of the "sacred cows" in metal are really pretty average, but I think O:M deserves every good thing ever said about it. Funnily enough, now I am seeing more people who aren't really into it much. Me, my personal favorite is "Rage For Order" but that's only by a small amount.... It's my favorite, but at the same time I know that the follow-up is just outstanding, and is a better album. "Mindcrime.." represents the pinnacle of the discontent of Queensrÿche, which is also the discontent that underlines what heavy metal truly is about.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 am

Mindcrime is awesome. I think it's their best release.Simply brilliant in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 am

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's BAD, but a classic, to my mind, needs to be the sort of thing you could listen to at just about any time regardless of your mood and Mindcrime misses that mark by a wide margin when compared with some of their other stuff. Even Promised Land comes closer for my money, but I have a soft spot for that album that most QR fans don't have, so take that for what it's worth.

In truth, I'd probably say Rage for Order is their pinnacle just because it nailed the range of material they were capable of, pretty much laid the groundwork for everything that came after, and is still damn weird and somehow catchy at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 am

Well , I'd consider it a classic. I can listen to it whenever.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 am

I don't think QR has any record I can put on regardless of mood except, oddly, perhaps the newest Todd one. 'Rage For Order' especially has such a very specific atmosphere and vision. I understand it and connect with it perfectly and yet it does require very certain circumstances of me. 'Mindcrime..' just requires me to be pissed off, which is a little easier. :p
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 am

Mindcrime was a little too smart to be a "pissed off" album for me. Throw on "Five Minutes Alone" by Pantera, and we'd be talking.  QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 505193 
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 am

I usually end up listening selected tracks from Mindcrime, which is not the case with other QR material. So yeah, not the biggest fan. RFO, Warning and Promised Land are my choices.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 pm

I love Mindcrime. I think the songs on it are really strong. Its one of those albums I can listen to over and over.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 pm

I also love 'Mindcrime' and lyrically, surprisingly enough, holds up pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Mindcrime is good, though I personally prefer Empire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next